These Ghost quotes will give you an an emotional roller coaster ride as you read them.
Ghost, a story that has a little bit for everyone, is a 1990 American romantic fantasy thriller film.
It has criminal activity, drama, humor, and romance!
The movie was directed by Jerry Zucker, written by Bruce Joel Rubin, and starred Patrick Swayze, Demi Moore, and Whoopi Goldberg.
The plot was unique back in the 90s and centered on Sam Wheat (Swayze), a murdered banker.
His ghost set out to save his girlfriend, Molly Jensen (Moore) from the person who killed him.
Of course, the only way a ghost could do that is with the help of a psychic medium, Oda Mae Brown (Goldberg).
These Ghost quotes from the movie feature some fabulous quotes from all of them!
Ghost was released in 1990 and was a critical and commercial success.
The movie grossed $505 million against a budget of $22 million.
It was the highest-grossing film of 1990 and at the time of its release, was the third-highest-grossing film of all time.
The score and performances of Swayze, Moore, and Goldberg were truly something spectacular.
Ghost earned five nominations at the 63rd Academy Awards, and as you read through these ghost quotes it won’t be hard to see why.
Don’t forget to also check out these Dark quotes from the Sci-Fi thriller.
Also, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily wisdom.
See the rest of our quote database for even more inspirational ideas and thoughts.
Ghost quotes about “the money”
1. “I’ve got 4 million dollars stuffed in a goddamn computer. If I don’t get those codes, if that money is not transferred soon, I’m dead.” ― Carl Bruner
2. “You don’t think that I am going to give this money to a bunch of nuns! They can’t even buy underwear!” ― Oda Mae Brown
3. Oda Mae Brown: I know you don’t think I’m giving this 4 million dollars to a bunch of nuns!
Sam Wheat: Think of it this way, you’ll go to Heaven.
4. “I don’t want to go to Heaven, I want to go to the bank and cash a goddamn check!” ― Oda Mae Brown
5. Lyle Furgeson: Yes. Four-million dollars. And, um, how would you like that, Mrs. Miller?
Oda Mae Brown: Tens and twenties?
6. Sam Wheat: No, a cashier’s check!
Oda Mae Brown: Actually… I think better a cashier’s check.
Lyle Furgeson: Right…
7. Sam: Tell her to send it up to the 3rd-floor file, you have a transaction to make.
Oda Mae Brown: Please make sure this goes to the 3rd floor, I have a transfusion to make.
Bank Officer: A what?
8. Sam: Endorse it.
Oda Mae Brown: No, if I drop it, then somebody will get it.
Sam: It’s not your money. I never said you would get the money. This is blood money. I was
killed for this money. Now endorse the cheque.
Ghost quotes about danger and crime
9. “They’re going to kill you, Carl. You and Willie! You’re going to be fertilizer. They’re gonna bury you right next to Jimmy Hoffa.” ― Sam Wheat
10. Sam Wheat: Molly, you’re in danger.
Oda Mae Brown: You can’t just blurt it out like that! And quit moving around, because you’re
starting to make me dizzy. I’ll just tell her in my own way.
11. “Molly, you in danger, girl.” ― Oda Mae Brown
12. Molly Jensen: Carl, are you all right?
Carl Bruner: It’s just my stomach! Do you have anything like Pepto Bismol or something like that?
Sam Wheat: Cyanide!
13. Oda Mae Brown: Why me?
Sam Wheat: You’re going to help me. There’s a woman who is called Molly Jensen and she is in terrible danger. The man who killed me broke into our apartment, and he’s gonna back. You’ve got to warn her.
Oda Mae Brown: What makes you think she’s gonna listen to me?
14. [to a terrified Carl Bruner] “Now, do you believe in ghosts?” ― Sam Wheat
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of Sweet Tooth quotes from season 1.
Endearing Ghost quotes about love and friendship
15. “I love you, Molly. I’ve always loved you.” ― Sam Wheat
16. “It’s amazing, Molly. The love inside, you take it with you.” ― Sam Wheat
17. Molly Jensen: Do you love me, Sam?
Sam Wheat: What do you think?
18. Molly Jensen: Why don’t you ever say it?
Sam Wheat: What do you mean? I say it all the time.
Molly Jensen: You say ‘ditto’ and that’s not the same.
19. Sam Wheat: People say ‘I love you’ all the time, and it doesn’t mean anything.
Molly Jensen: Sometimes you need to hear it. I need to hear it.
20. Oda Mae Brown: I don’t know you. I don’t know Sam, but let me tell you what he did to me. He kept me up all night singing I’m Henry the Eighth I Am.
Molly Jensen: That’s how he got me to go out with him.
21. Sam Wheat: I’ll miss you. Your mother’d be proud.
Oda Mae Brown: I’ll miss you too, Sam. You will be all right.
Ghost quotes from or about ghosts that will make you laugh
22. “Why don’t you go haunt a house? Rattle some chains or something.” ― Oda Mae Brown
23. “I’m Henry the 8th I am. Henry the 8th I am, I am. I got married to the widow next door. She’s been married seven times before.” ― Sam Wheat
24. [Looking longingly at a pack of cigarettes] “Ahh what I wouldn’t give for a drag! Just one drag!” ― Subway Ghost
25. Sam Wheat: I don’t believe this. Hey you… my name is Sam Wheat. Can you hear me? Say my name… ‘Sam Wheat.’
Oda Mae Brown: Leave me alone.
Which of these Ghost quotes is your favorite?
I remember watching this as a teenager and falling in love with Patrick Swayze.
The devotion that Sam has for Molly was enough to make any teenage girl (or adult woman) swoon.
The movie was one heck of an emotional roller coaster ride, though.
I can recall thinking that I had never cried this hard over a movie!
If you haven’t seen the movie yet, all those Ghost quotes about love and loss should give you a hint about how sad it was.
I am not going to ruin the movie for you, just in case you haven’t seen it.
If that is the case you should totally sit down for a few hours with your special someone and give this one a shot.
You can watch it on VUDO or Prime Video.
What is your favorite scene or quote from Ghost?
Do you have any other Ghost quotes and sayings to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.
And if you liked these Ghost quotes, check out our Whoopi Goldberg quotes!