Learn why you shouldn’t care about the opinions of others with these attention seeker quotes.
It’s not uncommon to struggle with seeking attention and approval from others. Naturally, people long to be accepted by others. This starts from a young age.
However, the more you focus on seeking attention from others, the easier it is to compromise who you are, what you believe, and what you really want to do.
Learning to be true to yourself and gain self-confidence in yourself, will help you stop seeking attention from others, which will help you live a happier and more successful life.
Don’t forget to also check out these be yourself quotes about being authentic and real.
Attention seeker quotes about the dangers of being one
1. “People can become addicted to fame, money, and attention as deeply as they become addicted to drugs.” – Dennis Prager
2. “He who seeks only for applause from without has all his happiness in another’s keeping.” – Oliver Goldsmith
3. “A woman will always be insecure if she attaches her identity and sense of worth to the amount of male attention she gets.” – Anupama Garg
4. “I’m terribly attention-seeking. It’s very different once you get all this attention, though. Because then you want to control it. And you can’t exactly.” – David Williams
5. “Everyone is trying to be famous and everyone is trying to trend. These people and the ones who are seeking attention on social media. They are more pandemic than coronavirus, because they are misleading, hurting and destroying a lot of lives while they are at it.” – DJ Kyos
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of thought-provoking social media quotes.
6. “If attention was a product on the market, a lot of people would spend their entire savings on it.” – Edmond Mbiaka
7. “Freedom on the inside comes when validation from the outside doesn’t matter.” – Richie Norton
8. “Approval is a lover who will always break your heart.” – Sammy Rhodes
9. “The hunger for attention is an enemy of self-love.” – Edmond Mbiaka
Meaningful attention seeker quotes
10. “I am the youngest of four children – three boys and one girl. I don’t think becoming an actor had anything to do with seeking attention, though. My relationship with my siblings when I was growing up was close and playful.” – David Harewood
11. “I didn’t really seek attention. I just wanted to play the game well and go home.” – Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
12. “I realised when I sang at family parties and Christmases I’d suddenly get everyone’s attention, and, being the youngest of three, I thought what a brilliant attention-seeking ploy it was.” – Kiki Dee
13. “I pay no attention whatever to anybody’s praise or blame. I simply follow my own feelings.” – Wolfgange Amadeus Mozart
14. “That’s the motivation of an artist – to seek attention of some kind.” – James Taylor
15. “I have always been the first on the dance floor. Before fame, people thought it made me a good laugh; now, people point and call me an attention seeker! I’m very aware of the way people can view me, but I’m very aware that I have to just enjoy my life.” – Jessie J
16. “Of course I’m naughty. I’ve always had to compete for attention, you see.” – Rachel Johnson
Insightful attention seeker quotes
17. “If you want to call attention to your good deed, it’s a self-serving one. Why? Not only have you patted yourself on the back but you’re fishing for others to do the same.” – Donna Lynn Hope
18. “An amazing thing happens when you stop seeking approval and validation; You find it. People are naturally drawn like magnets to those who know who they are and cannot be shaken!” – Mandy Hale
19. “We may seek a fortune for no greater reason than to secure the respect and attention of people who would otherwise look straight through us.” – Alain de Botton
20. “Quoting an old proverb. An empty cart rattles loudly,” She said. Meaning, One who lacks substance boasts loudest.” – Alan Brennert
Attention seeker quotes on what they really want
21. “People with an unbridled thirst for attention is usually very empty and trying to fill themselves at the expense of others.” – Amelia Rose
22. “All bad behavior is really a request for love, attention, or validation.” – Kimberly Giles
23. “A truly strong person does not need the approval of others any more than a lion needs the approval of sheep.” – Vernon Howard
24. “Stop looking outside for scraps of pleasure or fulfillment, for validation, security, or love – you have a treasure within that is infinitely greater than anything the world can offer.” – Eckhart Toller
25. “The lack of unconditional self-love tends to lead one to hunger for attention.” – Edmond Mbiaka
26. “If you reach out to your phone every few minutes, it isn’t the urgency you are catering to but your need to be needed by others, you are seeking attention while battling loneliness” – Shahenshah Hafeez Khan
27. “It is tragic that we recognized our self worth from external validation.” – Aditya Ajmera
Attention seeker quotes to remind you not to be one
28. “It’s amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.” – Harry S Truman
29. “Once you figure out what respect tastes like, it tastes better than attention. But you have to get there.” – Pink
30. “Stop worrying about approval and appreciation. Enjoy the beauty and effect of contributing to the universe.” – Debasish Mridha
31. “The people who receive the most approval in life are the ones who care the least about it – so technically, if you want the approval of others, you need to stop caring about it.” – Wayne Dyer
32. “If you are going to do something truly innovative, you have to be with someone who does not value social approval. You can’t need social approval to go forward. Otherwise, how would you ever do the thing that you are doing.” – Malcolm Gladwell
33. “What the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others.” – Confucius
34. “Don’t seek approval. This may be the toughest suggestion for you to follow — and the most important. Whether you’re a teenager seeking approval from your peers, a middle-aged parent seeking the approval of your kids, or a man or woman seeking the approval of a partner, it all amounts to the same thing. You’re giving your personal power away every time you seek validation from someone else for who you are.” – Trish MacGregor
35. “When you do not seek or need approval, you are at your most powerful.” – Caroline Myss
36. “The sun announces its presence with light, not words; do likewise.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
37. “A woman who does not require validation from anyone is the most feared individual on the planet.” – Mohadesa Najumi
38. “A busy vibrant, goal-oriented woman is so much more attractive than a woman who waits around for a man to validate her existence.” – Mandy Hale
39. “The only permission, the only validation, and the only opinion that matters in our quest for greatness is our own.” – Steve Maraboli
More attention seeker quotes
40. “He who seeks only for applause from without has all his happiness in another’s keeping.” – Oliver Goldsmith
41. “Seek respect not attention.” – Ben Bereng
42. “Seeking validation will keep you trapped. You don’t need anyone or anything to approve of your worth. When you understand this, you’ll be free.” – Unknown
43. “The better you feel about yourself, the less you feel the need to show off.” – Robert Hand
44. “When will you love yourself: that other people’s approval no longer matters?” – Gillian Duce
45. “As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just want what they do.” – Andrew Carnegie
46. “Who are you trying to impress? Better yet, why?” – Frank Sonnenberg
47. “Eventually you just have to realize that you’re living for an audience of one. I’m not here for anyone’s else’s approval.” – Pamela Anderson
48. “I much prefer the sharpest criticism of a single intelligent man to the thoughtless approval of the masses.” – Johannes Kelper
49. “Seek respect, not attention. It lasts longer.” – Ziad K. Abdelnour
50. “Be yourself. Don’t worry about what other people are thinking of you.” – Phil Lester
What did you learn from these attention seeker quotes?
Life becomes a lot easier and more enjoyable when you stop caring so much about what others think of you. It’s also easy to make compromises in your life when you’re trying to get the attention of other people. But you don’t have to do that.
Remember when you learn that the attention you get when seeking it out is often not the attention that you want and desire, it becomes easier to shift your focus away from it.
And you’ll likely find that you’re much happier when you quit caring about attention from others and focus on yourself. Use these quotes as motivation.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these attention seeker quotes and sayings? Do you have any other favorite quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
December 25, 2020 7:00 AM EST