These Wu-Tang quotes are words and lyrics from what’s considered a highly influential hip-hop group.
The Wu-Tang Clan started almost 30 years ago in Staten Island, NYC.
The original group was formed as a collaboration between nine different hip-hop stars.
While some members changed over the year, the group revolutionized hip hop and rap.
When they came on the scene, they brought a new sound that was mixed with martial arts themes, unlike anything that any other artists were doing at the time.
They wanted to open the minds of people and improve the knowledge of self that people had. Their mission was more than just to entertain.
Enjoy these Wu-Tang quotes!
Don’t forget to also check out these rap quotes and lyrics about life, love, and success.
Famous Wu-Tang Clan quotes and lyrics
1. “Peace is the absence of confusion.” – Wu-Tang
2. “Don’t talk the talk if you can’t walk the walk.” – Wu-Tang
3. “Envy, greed, lust, and hate, separate.” – Wu-Tang
4. “You’re out of luck like two dogs stuck.” – Wu-Tang
5. “Light is provided through sparks of energy / From the mind that travels in rhyme form / Giving sight to the blind.” – Wu-Tang
6. “Knowledge, know the ledge to where your heart is or fall off into the internal hell that’s uncharted.” – Wu-Tang
7. “It’s been taught that your worst enemy couldn’t harm you as much as your own wicked thoughts.” – Wu-Tang
Wu-Tang quotes from Method Man
8. “Rap is a gimmick, but I’m for the hip-hop, the culture.” – Method Man
9. “Since I was eight years old. I didn’t have a TV, so comic books were definitely my television, my soap operas, and all that.” – Method Man
10. “I wanna sit behind the scenes and see nothin’ but the greens.” – Method Man
11. “I came to bring the pain hardcore from the brain.” – Method Man
12. “Regardless of how I or this man right here or anybody else in this business get when we walk on an airplane in first-class looking like this, we’re gonna get searched.” – Method Man
13. “I’m taking one for the team, Like Martin Luther King, taking one for a dream.” – Method Man
14. “No matter where you from, there’s ghettos all over the place.” – Method Man
15. “Behind every fortune, there’s a crime.” – Method Man
16. “There are few things that’s forever, my lady. We can make war or make babies.” – Method Man
Wu-Tang Quotes from RZA
17. “It’s harder to make the glass than break the glass.” – RZA
18. “Decay is inevitable, but death is not.” – RZA
19. “The first person you have to resurrect is yourself.” – RZA
20. “So love, like wisdom, dissolves you and then resolves you. It breaks down your ego and puts you back together again properly.” – RZA
21. “Inspiration is found everywhere if you look hard enough.” – RZA
22. “Life comes when you have knowledge, wisdom, and understanding when you can see for real, touch, and feel for real, know for real. Then you are truly living.” – RZA
23. “Don’t wait till you die to go to heaven.” – RZA
24. “Happiness– which is total and complete satisfaction with yourself. This means you realize that nothing and nobody else can make you happy. Happiness is something you get from yourself. If you’re completely satisfied with yourself, nobody can take it away from you.” – RZA
Wu-Tang Quotes from Ol’ Dirty Bastard
25. “Look here: ‘Mo’ money, mo’ problems,’ my ass. You’re a naive cat if you still believe that.” – Ol’ Dirty Bastard
26. “We got food stamps. Glad to get the food stamps. Why wouldn’t you want to get free money?” – Ol’ Dirty Bastard
27. “Take a sip from the cup of death… And when you’re shaking my right hand, I’ll stab you with the left.” – Ol’ Dirty Bastard
28. “Here I got, deep type flow / Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.” – Ol’ Dirty Bastard
29. “Do I let my children listen to my music? Of course, I do. Shoot, the worst curse is a lie.” – Ol’ Dirty Bastard
Wu-Tang quotes from Raekwon
30. “In order to be one of the greats, you’ve got to study the greats.” – Raekwon
31. “I consider myself a genius because, when you talk about anything and everything, you a genius to me. It’s just about making’ it fire on top o’ more fire.” – Raekwon
32. “You gotta have a schedule, you gotta have a team that’s passionate about seeing you do the things you say you wanna do. When it comes to delivering this, it takes a lot of work and I can’t do that on my own.” – Raekwon
33. “When I sit here and see that the eight brothers from the neighborhood that I grew up with still have success, it had to be magical.” – Raekwon
34. “The better you get, the more your legacy shines. I always just try to go hard. If you don’t want to do it for real, don’t do it at all.” – Raekwon
35. “I think a lot of people can learn from listening to hip hop. It ain’t always about beats and rhymes.” – Raekwon
36. “You know the things I went through as a youngster, coming into the business, all the good, the bad, and the ugly that came. I’d had a rough life. I grew up single parent. My mom, she was like a father to me.” – Raekwon
37. “I think there are a lot of dudes out there that are runnin’ out of gas. Some of my favorites, even ones I look up to… I haven’t been fully impressed with their dynamics of makin’ a body of work that makes sense to me.” – Raekwon
38. “Call me the rap assassinator / rhymes rugged and built like Schwarzenegger.” – Raekwon
39. “All I did was take my time, figure out where I made a lot of mistakes, and try not to make them no more.” – Raekwon
40. “I think that’s a weak excuse, to say because a rapper’s getting older that he ain’t got it no more. Nah. Don’t go by that philosophy. Let’s just recognize that talent is within.” – Raekwon
41. “When you devote yourself to being an artist, you have to stay on your craft and always try to get better and better.” – Raekwon
42. “As an artist, it’s so important to create music that puts a chill through your body or does something to make you feel good. I think my album has a little bit of everything in it and that’s important to me.” – Raekwon
More Wu-Tang Quotes and Lyrics
43. “Curse to the wicked snakes who try to snatch the truth away, cursed be the ones who try to take our youth away.” – Wu-Tang
44. “Sunshine plays a major part in the daytime.” – Ghostface Killah
45. “Well, I’m a sire, I set the microphone on fire / Rap styles vary and carry like Mariah.” – Wu-Tang
46. “Don’t eat Skippy, Jif or Peter Pan / Peanut butter, ’cause I’m not butter / In fact I snap back like a rubber / Ban/ I be Sam, Sam I am / And I don’t eat green eggs and ham.” – Wu-Tang
47. “You can see the weakness of a man right through his iris.” – Wu-Tang
48. “Why is the sky blue? Why is water wet? / Why did Judas rat to Romans while Jesus slept?” – Wu-Tang
49. “Cash rules everything around me: CREAM, get the money. Dollar, dollar bill y’all.” – Wu-Tang
50. “We strivin’ for perfection.” – Wu-Tang
Which of these Wu-Tang quotes is your favorite?
It’s easy to think that musicians are just about their music, but the reality is that like all artists, they are expressing themselves, their ideas, and their beliefs through the work that they do.
This is something that Wu-Tang Clan was focused on from the conception of their collaborative work together.
Their sound and style changed the hip-hop world and introduced new ideas and sounds.
But like most groups of people, their success didn’t come without obstacles, challenges, and fallouts along the way.
However, they’ve had four gold and platinum studio albums so far during their time together.
Their style isn’t for everyone, but their long-running success does show that they have fans that have followed and support them and will continue to.
Did you enjoy these Wu-Tang quotes and lyrics?
Which of the quotes is your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.
September 13, 2022 5:00 AM EST