From Ghost to Guinan, these Whoopi Goldberg quotes highlight why we love this multi-talented celebrity!
Whoopi Goldberg is a famous comedian, actress, and TV personality who has been in the entertainment industry for over four decades.
Tell us your favorite Whoopi Goldberg quote in the comment section!
Why should you read Whoopi Goldberg Quotes?
Reading Whoopi Goldberg quotes will give you a good laugh and inspire you to never give up on your dreams.
Goldberg was born in New York City in 1955 and overcame numerous challenges both growing up and while breaking into show business.
She was born into poverty in a family that often struggled to make ends meet.
At 16, she dropped out of school so she could work to help support herself and her family.
In the late 1970s, she began performing as a stand-up comedian in various clubs nationwide.
In 1985, Goldberg was cast in the leading role in Steven Spielberg’s film adaptation of Alice Walker’s novel The Color Purple.
She gave a powerful performance that earned her critical acclaim and an Academy Award nomination for Best Actress.
Over the next few years, her star continued to rise as she appeared in a string of hit films, including:
- Sister Act
- Jumpin Jack Flash
Whoopi also became a fixture on television, hosting her own talk show and co-hosting daytime talk show, The View.
But her stardom came with many challenges.
As a black woman in the entertainment industry, Goldberg faced discrimination and prejudice throughout her career.
She has spoken out against racism and sexism and has used her platform to advocate for social justice and equality.
Despite facing numerous obstacles throughout her life and career, Goldberg has been a positive and inspirational figure to millions of fans worldwide.
Today, she endures as one of the most recognizable and beloved figures in show business.
Learn more about this inspirational legend with the Whoopi Goldberg quotes below!
Short Whoopi Goldberg quotes about art and beauty
Enjoy these quotes describing the art of acting.
1. “Art is long, life is short.” — Whoopi Goldberg
2. “Art and life are subjective.” — Whoopi Goldberg
3. “Normal is in the eye of the beholder.” — Whoopi Goldberg
4. “Before you judge me, look in the mirror.” — Whoopi Goldberg
5. “The art of acting is to be other than what you are.” — Whoopi Goldberg
Her best quotes about assumptions
Read these quotes relating to ignorance.
6. “Sometimes experience trumps assumption.” — Whoopi Goldberg
7. “Her least favorite thing: voluntary ignorance.” — Whoopi Goldberg
8. “I don’t really view communism as a bad thing.” — Whoopi Goldberg
9. “Just call me black if you want to call me anything.” — Whoopi Goldberg
10. “It never occurs to me that there are things I can’t do.” — Whoopi Goldberg
The top Whoopi Goldberg quotes about life
Dive into these quotes about how to treat yourself and others.
11. “I am where I am because I believe in all possibilities.” — Whoopi Goldberg
12. “When I forget how talented God is, I look to the sea.” — Whoopi Goldberg
13. “If you don’t look out for others, who will look out for you?” — Whoopi Goldberg
14. “If You don’t like Gay Marriage, Don’t Marry a Gay Person.”— Whoopi Goldberg
15. “You have to believe in yourself in spite of what other people believe.” — Whoopi Goldberg
Quotes about imagination
These quotes beg you to think outside the box.
16. “Normal is nothing more than a cycle on a washing machine.” — Whoopi Goldberg
17. “An actress can only play a woman. I’m an actor; I can play anything.” — Whoopi Goldberg
18. “I used my imagination to make the grass whatever color I wanted it to be.” — Whoopi Goldberg
19. “In the dark times, if you have something to hold on to, which is yourself, you’ll survive.” — Whoopi Goldberg
20. “My family is Jewish, Buddhist, Baptist, and Catholic. I don’t believe in man-made religions.” — Whoopi Goldberg
Whoopi Goldberg quotes and sayings about tough decisions
Finish this list with Whoopi’s take on important commitments.
21. “Taking action is hard, but know what? Enduring a bad situation can be its own hell.” — Whoopi Goldberg
22. “If you want to be somebody, If you want to go somewhere, you’ve got to wake up and pay attention.” — Whoopi Goldberg
23. “That’s the thing about Mother Nature, she really doesn’t care what economic bracket you’re in.” — Whoopi Goldberg
24. “You couldn’t always trust the history books. They told a diluted truth, a truth by committee.” — Whoopi Goldberg
25. “If you can handle the fact that people are going to be mad at you when you do what you think is right, you’ll be alright.” — Whoopi Goldberg
Which Whoopi Goldberg Quote Is Your Favorite?
Whoopi Goldberg has undeniably earned her spot as Hollywood royalty.
Her irreverent humor and unique perspective on the world keep her fans engaged and excited to see what she’ll do next.
We hope that you liked this hand-picked compilation of Whoopi Goldberg quotes.
If you found a Whoopi Goldberg quote you loved, please share it with us in the comment section!
We would love to hear from you.
Additionally, please share these quotes with others by clicking the Share button now.
Check out these related lifestyle articles:
Keeping a motivated mind requires food for thought, and these motivational one-liners are the perfect snack.
Inspirational biographies, however, provide insight into the life struggles of the rich and successful.
We all dream big, but big dreams take initiative to make happen.
By practicing the tips in this article, you’ll be a leader who stands out both in your work and personal life.
Check out these related quote articles:
Learn to fly and soar into the adult you want to be, with these inspirational quotes for kids.
Here are our favorite funny motivational quotes about life, work, and becoming successful.
The sky, an expansive canvas stretching above us, holds a captivating allure that has captivated hearts and minds for millennia.
These Instagram bio quotes are the perfect tool for developing a clever and succinct way to describe and introduce yourself.