Best Girlboss Quotes
December 8, 2022 6:09 AM EST
Check out these hilarious Girlboss quotes from the TV series.
Girlboss was a comedy series released in 2017 on Netflix.
The show was created by Kay Cannon and was loosely based on the 2014 autobiography Girlboss by Sophia Amoruso, who is the founder of Nasty Gal, a fashion brand.
The show starred Britt Roberson, Ellie Reed, Johnny Simmons, and Alphonso McAuley as the main characters, with many recurring characters rounding out the cast.
Due to bad ratings from fans and critics alike, the show was not renewed for a second season.
Although the show was canceled after one season, it still left us with many laughs.
Enjoy reading these Girlboss quotes and see if you recognize any of them from the series.
Don’t forget to also check out our collection of boss babe quotes to ignite your entrepreneurial fire.
Girlboss Quotes from the Founder Herself
Girlboss was created based on Sophia Amoruso’s life, so you will enjoy the quotes below.
1. “There are secret opportunities hidden inside every failure.” – Sophia Amoruso
2. “The energy you’ll expend focusing on someone else’s life is better spent working on your own.” – Sophia Amoruso
3. “Money looks better in the bank than on your feet.” – Sophia Amoruso
4. “It’s cool to be weird. It’s cool to be honest and to be secure with yourself.” – Sophia Amoruso
5. “You have to kick people out of your head as forcefully as you’d kick someone out of your house.” – Sophia Amoruso
6. “The only way to support a revolution is to make your own.” – Sophia Amoruso
7. “You create the world, blink by blink. It is entirely yours to discover and yours to create.” – Sophia Amoruso
8. “Bad bitches are taking over the world.” – Sophia Amoruso
9. “Opinions are like assholes; everybody’s got one.” – Sophia Amoruso
10. “Compete with yourself, not with others.” – Sophia Amoruso
More Girlboss Quotes From Sophia Amoruso
Enjoy some more wisdom in the form of quotes from GirlBoss founder Sophia Amoruso.
11. “No matter where you are in life, you’ll save a lot of time by not worrying too much about what other people think about you. The earlier in your life that you can learn that, the easier the rest of it will be.” – Sophia Amoruso
12. “Girls are collaborative, empathic, hard workers.” – Sophia Amoruso
13. “Being in a good spot financially can open up so many doors. Being in a bad spot can slam them in your face.” – Sophia Amoruso
14. “While I truly believe that you must have intentions to fulfill your dreams, I also think you have to leave room for the universe to have its way and play around a bit.” – Sophia Amoruso
15. “I believe that there is a silver lining in everything, and once you begin to see it, you’ll need sunglasses to combat the glare.” – Sophia Amoruso
16. “It just means that your talents lie elsewhere, so take the opportunity to seek out what you are good at, and find a place where you can flourish. Once you do, you’re going to kill it.” – Sophia Amoruso
17. “Don’t become a bore. Don’t ever let the Man get to you.” – Sophia Amoruso
18. “In whatever you do, you’re not going to stand out unless you think big and have ideas that are truly original. That comes from tapping into your own creativity, not obsessing over what everyone else is doing.” – Sophia Amoruso
19. “You can’t act like you’ve arrived when you’re only just receiving the invitation.” – Sophia Amoruso
20. “You don’t get taken seriously by asking someone to take you seriously. You’ve got to show up and own it.” – Sophia Amoruso
The Story Behind Girlboss
Girlboss follows the true story of Nasty Gal founder Sophia Amoruso who had a passion for fashion but was an unlikely business owner.
The comedy series follows her story and brings a lot of laughs along with it.
Please share these Girlboss quotes and sayings with your friends and family that love fashion or a few laughs.
Post any comments in the comment section below to keep the conversation going.