Check out these Glengarry Glen Ross quotes from the dramatic film!
Glengarry Glen Ross is a dramatic film that David Mamet adapted from his hit play of the same name.
Produced in 1992, Glengarry Glen Ross was set in Chicago and followed the lives of four real estate salesmen.
The story follows these four for two days as they strive to be the two salesmen that will not get fired at the end of two weeks.
Although the film did not fare as well as its counterpart, as it grossed less than the budget for the movie, it still had success.
The film is now considered one of the best films released in 1992, and two of its actors (Jack Lemmon and Al Pacino) won awards, and the movie has since become a cult classic.
Enjoy these Glengarry Glen Ross quotes, and you will see why the film has become a cult classic.
Intense Glengarry Glen Ross quotes
The movie is intense, with people’s jobs on the line, as shown in the quotes below.
1. “Because I Don’t Like You.” — Williamson
2. “The leads are weak? You’re weak!” — Blake
3. “It Takes Brass Balls To Sell Real Estate” — Blake
4. “Put that coffee down! Coffee’s for closers only.” — Blake
5. “I don’t gotta sit here and listen to this s….” — Dave Moss
6. “When I talk to the police, I get nervous.” — George Aaronow
7. “ABC. A – Always. B- Be. C – Closing. Always Be Closing.” — Blake
8. “I’m going to tell you something. Your life is your own.” — Ricky Roma
9. “You never open your mouth until you know what the shot is.” — Ricky Roma
10. “I’d wish you all good luck, but you wouldn’t know what to do with it if you got it.” — Blake
Memorable Glengarry Glen Ross quotes
Check out these memorable quotes from the movie!
11. “We had a slight burglary last night.” — Williamson
12. “The rich getting richer, that’s the law of the land.” — Dave Moss
13. “Always Tell The Truth, George; It’s The Easiest Thing To Remember.” — Ricky Roma
14. “I’m telling you – the one thing you can tell them is that it’s a remarkable sale.” — Shelley Levene
15. “Sitting on top of the world. Sitting on top of the world, everything’s fuckin’ peach fuzz.” — Dave Moss
16. “What Roma was trying to tell you, what I told you a long time ago. You don’t belong in this business.” — Shelley Levene
17. “I subscribe to the law of contrary public opinion… If everyone thinks one thing, then I say, bet the other way…” — Ricky Roma
18. “You’re such a hero, you’re so rich, how come you’re coming down here wasting your time with such a bunch of bums?” — Dave Moss
19. “They say that it was so hot in the city today, grown men were walking up to cops on street corners begging them to shoot them.” — Ricky Roma
20. “You certainly don’t, pal, ‘cause the good news is… you’re fired. The bad news is… you’ve got, all of you’ve got just one week to regain your jobs starting with tonight.” — Blake
Success doesn’t always translate
Even though Glengarry Glen Ross became a cult classic, it was not an instant success, even though the play had been successful.
Fortunately, that viewpoint changed over time as the film is now viewed more positively.
Please share these Glengarry Glen Ross quotes and lines with your family and friends and post any comments in the comment section below.
December 25, 2022 7:14 AM EST