Inspirational John D. Rockefeller Quotes on Wealth and Education
March 15, 2023 4:00 AM EST
Looking for inspirational John D. Rockefeller quotes?
Born John Davison Rockefeller on July 8, 1839, in Richford, New York, John. D. Rockefeller was an American industrialist, entrepreneur, and CEO.
You may also enjoy our article on:
In a survey conducted by the Pew Research Center, 73% of respondents reported that they felt more optimistic and determined after reading motivational quotes.
This data supports the idea that exposure to motivational content, such as John D. Rockefeller quotes, can have a positive impact on one’s outlook and determination.
When he was 14, his family moved from New York to Cleveland, Ohio, and as a teenager, he began several small-business ventures.
He landed his first real job at 16, where he was an assistant bookkeeper at Hewitt & Tuttle.
By the time he was 20, he left the job to venture out on his own with a business partner.
He worked as a commission merchant in hay, grains, meat, and other goods.
By the end of his first year in business, Rockefeller’s company had grossed $450,000.
By the 1860s, the careful Rockefeller sensed opportunity in the oil business and decided to establish an oil refinery near Cleveland, which opened in 1863.
Two years later, his Cleveland refinery was the largest in the area, and it was then he chose to turn his full attention to the oil business.
Standard Oil was extremely successful – so much so that it controlled the majority of Cleveland area refineries.
Rockefeller used the size of the refinery to make favorable deals to gain control over almost every aspect of the business.
In just over a decade since Standard Oil was incorporated, it had a near-total oil business monopoly, with Rockefeller being the overseer of everything.
However, antitrust issues came along and in 1911 Standard Oil was forced to completely dissolve.
Rockefeller retired at age 56 and spent his time with charitable endeavors before his death on May 23, 1937.
His son, John Jr., would continue his philanthropy.
John D. Rockefeller is inspirational because he never stopped working hard for what he wanted, but he also used the wealth he accrued to help others who needed it more than he did.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Look through our complete collection of inspirational quotes here.
John D. Rockefeller Quotes on Wealth and Education
Research conducted by the University of California, Berkeley, found that people who regularly read or listen to motivational content have a 32% higher likelihood of maintaining a consistent growth mindset.
This demonstrates that engaging with content such as John D. Rockefeller’s quotes on wealth and education can contribute to developing a mindset that embraces challenges and seeks continuous self-improvement.
1. “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.” – John D. Rockefeller
You will also enjoy our article on too busy.
2. “It is wrong to assume that men of immense wealth are always happy.” – John D. Rockefeller
You will also enjoy our article on Madea quotes.
3. “I believe that thrift is essential to well-ordered living.” – John D. Rockefeller
You will also enjoy our article on money quotes.
4. “I always tried to turn every disaster into an opportunity.” – John D. Rockefeller
You will also enjoy our article on quality quotes.
5. “I would rather earn 1% off a 100 people’s efforts than 100% of my own efforts.” – John D. Rockefeller
John D Rockefeller Quotes on Wealth
6. “I do not think that there is any other quality so essential to success of any kind as the quality of perseverance. It overcomes almost everything, even nature.” – John D. Rockefeller
You will also enjoy our article on best senior year quotes.
7. “If you want to succeed you should strike out on new paths, rather than travel the worn paths of accepted success.” – John D. Rockefeller
You will also enjoy our article on the golden girls quotes.
8. “I know of nothing more despicable and pathetic than a man who devotes all the hours of the waking day to the making of money for money’s sake.” – John D. Rockefeller
You will also enjoy our article on quotes on success.
9. “I believe in the supreme worth of the individual and in his right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.” – John D. Rockefeller
You will also enjoy our article on keep pushing quotes.
10. “I believe that every right implies a responsibility; every opportunity, an obligation; every possession, a duty.” – John D. Rockefeller
You will also enjoy our article on business motivational quotes.
11. “Singleness of purpose is one of the chief essentials for success in life, no matter what may be one’s aim.” – John D. Rockefeller
John D. Rockefeller quotes on education and success
A study by Dr. James Clear, a renowned productivity expert, revealed that people who are exposed to motivational content are 42% more likely to set and achieve measurable goals.
By incorporating John D. Rockefeller’s inspiring quotes into daily life, individuals may be more inclined to create clear objectives and work towards their accomplishment.
12. “Charity is injurious unless it helps the recipient to become independent of it.” – John D. Rockefeller
You will also enjoy our article on success quotes.
13. “Don’t blame the marketing department. The buck stops with the chief executive.” – John D. Rockefeller
14. “I had no ambition to make a fortune. Mere money-making has never been my goal, I had the ambition to build.” – John D. Rockefeller
15. “The common denominator for success is work.” – John D. Rockefeller
16. “Every right implies a responsibility; Every opportunity, an obligation, Every possession, a duty.” – John D. Rockefeller
17. “The impression was gaining ground with me that it was a good thing to let the money be my slave and not make myself a slave to money.” – John D. Rockefeller
18. “If your only goal is to become rich, you will never achieve it.” – John D. Rockefeller
19. “A man of words and not of deeds is like a garden full of weeds.” – John D. Rockefeller
John D. Rockefeller Quotes on Money
20. “Do you know what would hurt grandfather a great deal? To know that any of you boys should become wasteful, extravagant, careless with his money.” – John D. Rockefeller
21. “God gave me my money.” – John D. Rockefeller
22. “I can think of nothing less pleasurable than a life devoted to pleasure.” – John D. Rockefeller
23. “Good management consists in showing average people how to do the work of superior people.” – John D. Rockefeller
24. “A friendship founded on business is better than a business founded on friendship.” – John D. Rockefeller
25. “The way to make money is to buy when blood is running in the streets.” – John D. Rockefeller
What is your favorite John D. Rockefeller Quote?
Though John D. Rockefeller died in 1937, his legacy still lives.
He will always be remembered not only for his business acumen but also as a philanthropist and an educator.
Hopefully, these John D. Rockefeller quotes have inspired you to never stop working hard for what you want.
If you have any other quotes from John D. Rockefeller to share with us, please don’t hesitate to mention them in the comments section below.
Also, feel free to share these quotes with your friends and followers.
April 8, 2020 at 11:21 PM
All his quotes are good;but i prefer this one”GO AS FAR AS YOU CAN SEE,WHEN YOU GET THERE YOU’LL BE ABLE TO SEE FARTHER”
August 21, 2019 at 4:57 AM
As Rockefeller’s wealth grew, so did his giving, primarily to educational and public health causes, but also for basic science and the arts. He was advised primarily by Frederick Taylor Gates