Our latest collection of yoga quotes will enrich your mind, body, and spirit.
Are you a lover of yoga?
Whether advanced or beginner, yoga is a wonderful method to destress, center your mind, and get a challenging workout.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
Tell us your favorite yoga pose in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these Yoga quotes?
Yoga is an ancient practice that originated in India around 3000 BC.
In its entirety, yoga is actually a deeply spiritual discipline that incorporates three elements:
Yoga was developed to gain balance between the heart and the soul with the aim of divine enlightenment.
Yoga is highly popular in the West because of its many practical benefits.
If you love yoga, you are going to love the following quotes.
And if you haven’t started yoga yet, the following yoga quotes will motivate you to practice it.
Check out our collection of inspirational Sadhguru quotes from the wise Indian yogi.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quotes category page has motivational quotes for all the different areas of life.
Yoga Quotes To Inspire Your Mind and Body
1. “If you seek peace, be still. If you seek wisdom, be silent. If you seek love, be yourself.”– Becca Lee
You will also enjoy our article on Krishna quotes.
2. ”Yoga begins with listening. When we listen, we are giving space to what is.” — Richard Freeman
You will also enjoy our article on spiritual quotes.
3. ”Yoga is a light, which once lit will never dim. The better your practice, the brighter your flame.” — B.K.S. Iyengar
4. ”Move your joints every day. You have to find your own tricks. Bury your mind deep in your heart, and watch the body move by itself.” — Sri Dharma Mittra
You will also enjoy our article on free spirit quotes.
5. ”The very heart of yoga practice is ‘abyhasa’ – steady effort in the direction you want to go.”–Sally Kempton
You will also enjoy our article on spiritual awakening quotes.
6. ”Yoga means addition – addition of energy, strength and beauty to body, mind and soul.”–Amit Ray
You will also enjoy our article on Bhagavad Gita quotes.
7. ”Most people have no idea how good their body is designed to feel.”-Kevin Trudeau
You will also enjoy our article on nourish your soul.
8. ”Yoga is the journey of the self, through the self, to the self.”– The Bhagavad Gita
9. ”Yoga exists in the world because everything is linked.” –Desikashar
10. ”Yoga is not a work-out, it is a work-in. And this is the point of spiritual practice; to make us teachable; to open up our hearts and focus our awareness so that we can know what we already know and be who we already are.” — Rolf Gates
Yoga quotes for inspiration and motivation
11. ”True yoga is not about the shape of your body, but the shape of your life. Yoga is not to be performed; yoga is to be lived. Yoga doesn’t care about what you have been; yoga cares about the person you are becoming. Yoga is designed for a vast and profound purpose, and for it to be truly called yoga, its essence must be embodied.” – Aadil Palkhivala
12. ”The body benefits from movement, and the mind benefits from stillness.” — Sakyong Mipham
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of movement quotes for fitness inspiration.
13. ”Yoga does not transform the way we see things, it transforms the person who sees.” — B.K.S. Iyengar
14. ”When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others.” – Peace Pilgrim
15. ”Yoga begins right where I am – not where I was yesterday or where I long to be.” – Linda Sparrowe
16. ”The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new. ― Socrates
17. ”Inner peace begins the moment you choose not to allow another person or event to control your emotions.” – Pema Chodron (see more Pema Chödrön quotes)
18. ”Once you’re in touch with the life force around us, it’s natural to want to help keep it around.”– Adi Carter
19. ”The very heart of yoga practice is ‘abyhasa’ – steady effort in the direction you want to go.” –Sally Kempton
20. ”The yoga pose you avoid the most you need the most.” — Anonymous
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out our collection of running quotes to motivate you to stay active.
Yoga quotes to inspire your life
21. ”Remember, it doesn’t matter how deep into a posture you go – what does matter is who you are when you get there.” – Max Strom
22. “Yoga is not for the flexible. It’s for the willing.” — Anonymous
23. ”Yoga is 99% practice and 1% theory.” –Sri Krishna Pattabhi Jois
24. ”Yoga is the perfect opportunity to be curious about who you are.” –Jason Crandell
25. ”Yoga takes you into the present moment. The only place where life exists.” – Anonymous
26. ”Let your practice be a celebration of life” – Seido lee deBarros
27. ”The most important pieces of equipment you need for doing yoga are your body and your mind.” – Rodney Yee
28. ”To perform every action artfully is yoga.” – Swami Kripalu
29. “The attitude of gratitude is the highest yoga.” – Yogi Bhajan
30. ”The longest journey of any person is the journey inward.“- Anonymous
Yoga quotes to inspire your practice
31. ”Through sustained focus and meditation on our patterns, habits, and conditioning, we gain knowledge and understanding of our past and how we can change the patterns that aren’t serving us to live more freely and fully.” – Yoga Sutra
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of meditation quotes about the power of daily meditation.
32. ”Body is not stiff. Mind is stiff.”― Sri Krishna Pattabhi Jois
33. ”It is through your body that you realize you are a spark of divinity.”― B.K.S. Iyengar
34. ”The ultimate goal of yoga is to always observe things accurately, and therefore never act in a way that will make us regret our actions later.”― T.K.V. Desikachar
35. ”When the breath control is correct, mind control is possible.”― Sri Krishna Pattabhi Jois
36. ”Yoga is the stilling of the changing states of the mind.”― Patanjali, The Yoga Sutras
37. ”Yoga teaches us to cure what need not be endured and endure what cannot be cured.”― B.K.S. Iyengar
38. ”It would be a shame to lose the precious jewel of liberation in the mud of ignorant body building.”― Sri Krishna Pattabhi Jois
39. ”Yoga is not a religion. It is a science, science of well-being, science of youthfulness, science of integrating body, mind, and soul.” – Amit Ray
40. ”Yoga is the fountain of youth. You’re only as young as your spine is flexible.”- Bob Harper
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out our collection of healthy eating quotes celebrating better food choices.
Yoga quotes to elevate your mind
41. “Undisturbed calmness of mind is attained by cultivating friendliness toward the happy, compassion for the unhappy, delight in the virtuous, and indifference toward the wicked.”- Patañjali
42. ”Yoga reveals to you the beauty of mindfulness and takes you into the essence of an endless present moment.”- Debasish Mridha
43. ”For those wounded by civilization, yoga is the most healing salve.”- T. Guillemets
44. ”You may not be able to control the whole world, but you may learn to control your inner world through yoga.”- Debasish Mridha
45. “Letting go is the hardest asana.”- Anonymous
46. ”Be where you are, not where you think you should be.”- Anonymous
47. ”Yoga is invigoration in relaxation, freedom in routine, confidence through self-control, energy within and energy without.” – Ymber Delecto
48. ”Yoga teaches you how to listen to your body.” – Mariel Hemingway
49. ”Treat your soul with care. It is your bosom friend. Feed and nurture it with love.” – Ashourina Yalda
50. ”Yoga is the science of reality.”- Sushil Singh
You might also like these Yogi Berra quotes on life to make you smile.
Other inspirational yoga quotes
51. “I have been a seeker and I still am, but I stopped asking the books and the stars. I started listening to the teaching of my Soul.” – Rumi
52. “The body is your temple. Keep it pure and clean for the soul to reside in.” –B.K.S Iyengar
53. “Yoga is a light which once lit will never dim, the better your practice the brighter your flame.” – B.K.S. Iyengar
54. “Inhale the future. Exhale the past.” – Unknown
55. “Mindfulness helps you go home to the present. And every time you go there and recognize a condition of happiness that you have, happiness comes.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
56. “When you listen to yourself, everything comes naturally. It comes from inside, like a kind of will to do something. Try to be sensitive. That is yoga.”
– Petri Räisänen
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of listening quotes that express the importance of listening.
57. “Your soul is your best friend. Treat it with care, nurture it with growth, feed it with love.” – Ashourina Yalda
58. “Yoga is not about touching your toes. It is what you learn on the way down.” – Jigar Gor
59. “The pose begins when you want to get out of it.” – Baron Baptiste
60. “What you think, you become.” – Buddha
61. “The nature of yoga is to shine the light of awareness into the darkest corners of the body.”–Jason Crandell
You might also like these Chakra quotes about meditation and the body.
More yoga quotes and sayings
62. “Meditation is a way for nourishing and blossoming the divinity within you.” – Amit Ray
63. “So what is a good meditator? A good meditator meditates.” – Allan Lokos
64. “Spiritual awakening is like unfollowing who you think you are.” – Frode Gåsland
65. “When Sun rises Up and you get another beautiful day! Make sure you live it in a beautiful way.” – Vivek Kalura
66. “With the everyday practice of Meditation, we learn to create equilibrium and balance within.” – Purvi Raniga
67. “Yoga and Meditation have the power to change our physical and mental existence.” –Purvi Raniga
68. “Let go of something to gain everything; let go of fraction to gain the whole.” – Shunya
69. “Yoga has never been about the stretch; it’s always been about the reach.” – Seane Corn
70. “Yoga claims limbs to give lives.” – Mantaranjot Mangat
Yoga quotes to help you find your balance
71. “Doing anything with attention to how you feel is doing yoga.” — Jean Couch
72. “Yoga becomes one lifelong journey to internal revelation.” — Aadil Palkhivala
73. “Calming the mind is yoga. Not just standing on the head.” — Swami Satchidananda
74. “All kidding aside, if everyone did yoga, we would have world peace.” — Rory Freedman
75. “Yoga is a way of moving into stillness in order to experience the truth of who you are.” ― Erich Schiffmann
76. “Yoga allows you to find an inner peace that is not ruffled and riled by the endless stresses and struggles of life.” — B.K.S. Iyengar
77. “Yoga does not always cure stress. It neutralizes it through increasing awareness and by changing self-perception.” — Debasish Mridha
78. “Anyone who practices can obtain success in yoga but not one who is lazy. Constant practice alone is the secret of success.” — Svātmārāma
79. “Yoga does not remove us from the reality or responsibilities of everyday life but rather places our feet firmly and resolutely in the practical ground of experience.” — Donna Farhi
80. “The yoga pose is not the goal. Becoming flexible is not the goal. Standing on your hands is not the goal. The goal is serenity. Balance. Truly finding peace in your own skin.” ― Rachel Brathen
Yoga quotes from people who are calm
81. “Yoga is the settling of the mind into silence.” –Patanjali
82. “Yoga is almost like music in a way; there’s no end to it.” –Sting
83. “Become slower in your journey through life. Practice yoga and meditation if you suffer from ‘hurry sickness.’” –Wayne Dyer
84. “The meaning of yoga is connection of mind, body and spirit.” –Bikram Choudhury
85. “I wouldn’t say I’m addicted, but I never, ever skip yoga. I use it to calm down and slow down.” –April Gornik
86. “Yoga is a great thing and meditation is also great to get connected to yourself more.” –Ziggy Marley
87. “I think yoga builds strength, flexibility, and calming of the mind – which is never a bad thing.” –Joyce DiDonato
88. “Yoga, for me, is finding my inner peace.” –Gurmeet Choudhary
89. “Yoga really destresses me.” –Jodie Comer
90. “The yoga pose helps me to calm down and focus when I need to.” –Brianna Hildebrand
Yoga Quotes to help you make your life feel positive
91. “Yoga is the golden key that unlocks the door to peace, tranquility, and joy.” – B. K. S. Iyengar
92. “True meditation is about being fully present with everything that is, including discomfort and challenges. It is not an escape from life.” – Craig Hamilton
93. “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. When I let go of what I have, I receive what I need.” – Tao Te Ching
94. “When we push for immediate results and instant healing, we never inhabit the important in-between phase, which is where much of the learning and growth actually happen.” – Bo Forbes
95. “Yoga is not about self-improvement, it’s about self-acceptance.” – Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa
96. “When the breath wanders, the mind is also unsteady. But when the breath is calmed, the mind too will be still.” – Hatha Yoga Pradipika
97. “Sometimes the most important thing in a whole day is the rest we take between two deep breaths.” – Etty Hillesum
98. “Breath is your link to life; the direct connection to your spirit.” – Konah Gordon
99. “If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.” – Dr. Amit Ray
100. “Gratitude opens the door to the power, the wisdom, the creativity of the universe. You open the door through gratitude.” – Deepak Chopra
Yoga Quotes To Help You Meditate And Discover New Energies Within Yourself
101. “That’s exactly how it is in yoga. The places where you have the most resistance are actually the places that are going to be the areas of the greatest liberation.” — Rodney Yee
102. “Yoga does not just change the way we see things, it transforms the person who sees.” ― B.K.S Iyengar
103. “Meditation brings wisdom; lack of meditation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what holds you back, and choose the path that leads to wisdom.” ― Buddha
104. In truth yoga doesn’t take time – it gives time.” ― Ganga White
105. ”Yoga is not just repetition of few postures, it is more about the exploration and discovery of the subtle energies of life.” ― Amit Ray
106. ”The gift of learning to meditate is the greatest gift you can give yourself in this lifetime.” ― Sogyal Rinpoche
107. ”Meditation can help us embrace our worries, our fear, our anger; and that is very healing. We let our own natural capacity of healing do the work.” ― Thich Nhat Hanh
108. ”Your body exists in the past and your mind exists in the future. In yoga, they come together in the present.” ― B.K.S.Iyengar
109. Yoga is a method to come to a non dreaming mind. Yoga is the science to be in the here and now.” ― Osho
110. “Balancing yoga and life is a reflection of our inner state.” ― Shiva Rea
Yoga Quotes To Relax and Find Inner Peace
111. “When you practice yoga, first your personality changes, the faith increases, then confidence improves.” ― Bikram Choudhury
112. “Feminism freed my mind. Yoga freed my body. It’s one thing to intellectualize self-love and another to embody it.” ― Melanie Klein
113. “All forms of yoga involve occult assumptions, even hatha yoga, which is often presented as a merely physical discipline.” ― Douglas Groothuis
114. “I’d love to do yoga every day. I don’t usually have time, but a few sun salutations go a long way.” ― Thandie Newton
115.”I don’t smoke, I try to eat right, and I love doing yoga and going for hikes with my dog.” ― Sarah Chalke
116. “I do a little bit of yoga-style meditation. Relaxing and breathing even just one minute a day makes a big difference.” ― Dolph Lundgren
117. “Yoga is somewhat hard to quantify in terms of benefits because you see them in all the injuries you don’t get.” ― Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
118. “Yoga is your direct intimacy with the nurturing power of Life. It is the practical means adapted to personal needs, age, health and all cultures.” ― Mark Whitwell
119. “Yoga has to be done with the intellect of the head as well as the intellect of the heart.” ― B.K.S. Iyengar
120. “When the restlessness of the mind, intellect and self is stilled through the practice of Yoga, the yogi by the grace of the Spirit within himself finds fulfillment.” ―B.K.S. Iyengar
Which of these yoga quotes was your favorite?
One of the best attributes of yoga is that it lets you connect with your inner self and makes it possible for you to enjoy amazing peace of mind.
Besides peace of mind, yoga has great effects on your body.
You will not believe how flexible and fit your body will be once you practice yoga.
We hope these yoga quotes have helped enrich your mind, body, and spirit.
Did you enjoy this yoga quotes collection?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Tell us in the comment section below.
If you found this article helpful, please share it with your friends on social media.