These Hamilton Musical quotes will have you watching the movie before you know it.
Hamilton is a historical fiction musical film released by Disney in 2020 that consists of a live stage recording of the 2015 Broadway musical of the same name.
Although Disney originally planned on releasing the film in 2021, they moved the timeline up so the movie could stream on their streaming app Disney+.
The movie quickly became one of the most streamed movies of 2020 and won numerous awards, including one of the “Best films of 2020” by the American Film Institute, and was nominated for “Best Motion Picture” – Musical or Comedy.
The movie focuses on Alexander Hamilton’s life from being an orphan through progressing as one of the most impactful politicians in the United States, including his time as Secretary of the Treasury.
We see Alexander at his best as he impacts George Washington, Congress, and others.
We also see him at his worst, admitting his lustful affair and eventual death in a duel.
Check out these Hamilton Musical quotes!
Fan favorite Hamilton musical quotes
If you couldn’t get enough of the musical, you’ll love these quotes.
1. “I hope that you burn.” — Eliza Hamilton
2. “Now I’m the villain in your history.” — Aaron Burr
3. “You forfeit all rights to my heart.” — Eliza Hamilton
4. “Raise a glass to freedom…” — Alexander Hamilton
5. “Dying is easy, young man. Living is harder.” — George Washington
6. “Why do you write like you’re running out of time?” — Eliza Hamilton
7. “If you stand for nothing, Burr, what’ll you fall for?” — Alexander Hamilton
8. “Don’t let them know what you’re against or what you’re for!” — Aaron Burr
9. “I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love.” — King George
10. “There’s nobody else in their ‘country’ that looms quite as large.” — King George
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of Hank Moody quotes from the hit character.
We dare you not to sing these Hamilton musical quotes
More quotes to remind you of your favorite Hamilton scenes.
11. “And when you’re gone, who remembers your name? Who keeps your flame?” — Aaron Burr
12. “He’s never gonna be president now. That’s one less thing to worry about.” — Thomas Jefferson
13. “Legacy. What is a legacy? It’s planting seeds in a garden you never get to see.” — Andrew Hamilton
14. “Cause when push comes to shove, I will kill your friends and family to remind you of my love.” — King George
15. “You say our love is draining and you can’t go on, you’ll be the one complaining when I am gone.” — King George
16. “I wrote my way out of hell. I wrote my way to revolution. I was louder than the crack in the bell.” — Andrew Hamilton
17. “How does a ragtag volunteer army in need of a shower somehow defeat a global superpower?” — Aaron Burr
18. “I’ll give him this: His financial system is a work of genius. I couldn’t undo it if I tried. And I tried.” — Thomas Jefferson
19. “Try not to crack under the stress, we’re breaking down like fractions. We smack into each other in the press, and we don’t print retractions.” — Thomas Jefferson
20. “Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. We fought for these ideals; we shouldn’t settle for less. These are wise words, enterprising men quote ‘em.” — Thomas Jefferson
At the movie’s end, when Alexander Hamilton fights the duel, he purposely throws away his shot, and we see him reflecting on his legacy.
His decision to have an affair altered his life, including how his wife would view him from that time going forward.
Although he made a horrible decision to cheat on his wife, Alexander Hamilton made a strong political impact.
Please share these Hamilton Musical quotes and sayings with your family and friends for them to enjoy, and post any comments in the comment section below.