These engagement quotes capture exactly how it feels when you’re so in love that you want nothing more than to spend the rest of your life with someone.
Getting engaged is one of the most special moments of a person’s life.
When you get engaged, your lives together become one.
You may also enjoy our article on:
What are the benefits of reading these engagement quotes?
When you’re so in love that you want nothing more than to spend the rest of your lives together, it feels like all you want is to spend every moment of every day with that other person.
You feel you want to spend forever with them, and the engagement makes that a reality.
When you’re in love, all you want is to get married.
These engagement quotes will help you:
- describe that feeling
- fall even more in love with your partner than you already are
- decide if you are ready to pop the question
Enjoy reading them, and don’t forget to check out our collection of soulmate quotes celebrating true love.
If you love this quote collection, read out our most popular quote article about short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you need more inspirational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Engagement Quotes About True Love
1.) “To love and to be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.” – David Viscott
You will also enjoy our article on love quotes for you husband.
2.) “Love reminds you that nothing else matters.” – Amy Bushnell
You will also enjoy our article on love of my life quotes.
3.) “Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
You will also enjoy our article on bridge quotes.
4.) “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” — Audrey Hepburn
You will also enjoy our article on crush quotes.
5.) “Love is not blind—it sees more, not less. But because it sees more, it is willing to see less.” – Rabbi Julius Gordon
You will also enjoy our article on falling in love quotes for him and her.
6.) “Where there is love there is life.” — Mahatma Gandhi
You will also enjoy our article on fiancé quotes.
7.) “I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.” — The Alchemist
You will also enjoy our article on marketing quotes.
8.) “Love doesn’t make the world go ‘round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.” – Franklin P. Jones
You will also enjoy our article on judgmental quotes.
9.) “Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love.” – Albert Einstein
You will also enjoy our article on happy anniversary quotes.
10.) ”It was love at first sight, at last sight, at ever and ever sight.” ―Vladimir Nabokov
You will also enjoy our article on customer service quotes.
11.) “Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” – Emily Bronte
You will also enjoy our article on love quotes for your husband.
12.) “Grow old with me! The best is yet to be.” – Robert Browning
You will also enjoy our article on Elizabeth Taylor quotes.
13.) “If I know what love is, it is because of you.” – Herman Hesse
You will also enjoy our article on God’s plan quotes.
14.) “We have the greatest pre-nuptial agreement in the world. It’s called love.” – Gene Perret
You will also enjoy our article on social work quotes.
15.) “I love you not only for what you are but for what I am when I am with you.” — Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Also, read these funny bridal shower quotes about love and marriage.
Engagement Quotes Celebrating Endless Love
16.) “I love being one half of a romantic couple.” — Julianna Margulies
You will also enjoy our article on marriage quotes.
17.) “I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you.” —Ben Folds
You will also enjoy our article on Twin Flame Quotes.
18.) “If I had a flower for every time thought of you…I could walk through my garden forever.” — Alfred Tennyson
19.) “I would bend my knee a million times to stand by you.” — Jordan Kimball
20.) “Love rests on no foundation. It is an endless ocean, with no beginning or end.” — Rumi
21.) “True love stories never have endings.” – Richard Bach
22.) “It’s always better when we’re together.” —Jack Johnson
23.) “Anyone can catch your eye, but it takes the ride worthwhile.” – Franklin P. Jones
24.) “I’ve tried so many times to think of a new way to say it, and it’s still I love you.” —Zelda Fitzgerald
25.) “My love for you has no depth, its boundaries are ever-expanding.” – Christina White
26.) “I won’t give my heart to another girl until God shows me it’s my wife.” – Eric Ludy
27.) “The highest happiness on earth is marriage.” – William Lyon Phelps
28.) “A happy marriage is the union of two good forgivers.” – Ruth Bell Graham
29.) “No one can ever break the bond between two people who love one another.”- Unknown
30.) “Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite.”
Engagement Quotes About Becoming One
31.) “I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more.” – Angelita Lim
32.) “Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction.” – Antoine
33.) “Find the person who will love you because of your differences and not in spite of them and you have found a lover for life.” – Leo Buscaglia
34.) “You rose into my life like a promised sunrise, brightening my days with the light in your eyes. I’ve never been so strong. Now I’m where I belong.” – Maya Angelou
35.) “We’re all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness—and call it love—true love.” – Robert Fulghum
36.) “Love at first sight is easy to understand; it’s when two people have been looking at each other for a lifetime that it becomes a miracle.” – Sam Levenson
37.) “Engagement marks the end of a whirlwind romance and beginning of an eternal love story.” – Rajeev Ranjan
38.) “Find the person who will love you because of your differences and not in spite of them and you have found a lover for life.” – Leo Bascaglia
39.) “I couldn’t have dreamed you into existence because I didn’t even know I needed you. You must have been sent to me.” – Kamand Kojouri
Don’t forget these hilarious bridesmaid quotes as well.
Engagement Quotes About Marriage
40.) “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” – Mignon McLaughlin
41.) “A happy marriage is a long conversation which always seems too short.” —André Maurois
42.) “Happy is the man who finds a true friend, and far happier is he who finds that true friend in his wife.” —Franz Schubert
43.) “To get the full value of joy you must have someone to divide it with.” —Mark Twain
44.) “Marriage is a risk; I think it’s a great and glorious risk, as long as you embark on the adventure in the same spirit.” —Cate Blanchett
45.) “I try to remember, as I hear about friends getting engaged, that it’s not about the ring and its not about the wedding. It’s a grave thing getting married. And it’s easy to get swept up in the wrong things.” – Gwyneth Paltrow
46.) “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” – AA Milne
47.) “It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.” – Ernest Hemingway
48.) “In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine.” – Maya Angelou
49.) “Because of you, I can feel myself slowly, but surely, becoming the me I have always dreamed of being.” – Tyler Knott Gregson
50.) “Ultimately the bond of all companionship, whether in marriage or in friendship, is conversation.” – Oscar Wilde
More engagement quotes and sayings
51.) “Marriage is a mosaic you build with your spouse. Millions of tiny moments that create your love story.” – Jennifer Smith
52.) “The real act of marriage takes place in the heart, not in the ballroom or church or synagogue. It’s a choice you make—not just on your wedding day, but over and over again—and that choice is reflected in the way you treat your husband or wife.” – Barbara de Angelis
53. “I married a man who was as much a part of me as my own soul.” – C.J. English
54. “The more you engage and connect, the more engagement and connections you will have.” – Loren Weisman
55. “To be your friend was all I ever wanted; to be your lover was all I ever dreamed.” – Valerie Lombardo
56. “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard but must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
57. “You make me want to be a better man.” – Melvin Udall
58. “I love you” begins by I, but it ends up by you.” ― Charles de Leusse
59. “Love is like the wind, you can’t see it but you can feel it.” – Nicholas Sparks
60. ”Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze.” – Elinor Glyn
Have you seen these wedding quotes and sayings?
Engagement quotes for fiance
61. “To find someone who will love you for no reason, and to shower that person with reasons, that is the ultimate happiness.” —Robert Brault
62. “I wish you to know that you have been the last dream of my soul.” —Charles Dickens
63. “Loved you yesterday, love you still, always have, always will.” – Elaine Davis
64. “Wherever you are is my home, my only home.” — Jane Eyre
65. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” —Lao Tzu
66. “And I’d choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I’d find you and I’d choose you.” —Kiersten White
67. “No matter what has happened. No matter what you’ve done. No matter what you will do. I will always love you. I swear it.” – C.J. Redwine
68. “Love is a friendship set to music.” —Joseph Campbell
69. “I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow.” – Leo Christopher
70. “Love one another and you will be happy. It’s as simple and as difficult as that.” — Micheal Leunig
Inspiring Engagement Quotes
71. “We loved with a love that was more than a love.” — Edgar Allan Poe
72. “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” — Nora Ephron
73. “The secret of a happy marriage remains… a secret.” — Henny Youngman
74. “Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.” — Simone Signoret
75. “There are many blanks left in the weeks of courtship, which a loving faith fills with happy assurance.” — George Eliot
76. “Many people spend more time in planning the wedding than they do in planning the marriage.” — Zig Ziglar
77. “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” — Aristotle
78. “All commands from your lips are sweet, I say, and now have you not said the sweetest of all? Marry you!” — Byron Caldwell Smith
79. “Marriage is not kick-boxing, it’s salsa dancing.” ― Amit Kalantri
80. “It is sometimes essential for a husband and a wife to quarrel—they get to know each other better.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Engagement Quotes about Oneness
81. “If there is such a thing as a good marriage, it is because it resembles friendship rather than love.” — Michel de Montaigne
82. “If you have respect and consideration for one another, you’ll make it.” – Mary Durso
83. “Why do married people live longer than single people? I think it’s because married people make a special effort to live longer than their partner—just so they can have the last word.” — Janet Periat
84. “Success in marriage does not come merely through finding the right mate, but through being the right mate.” — Barnett R. Brickner
85. “My mother says I didn’t open my eyes for eight days after I was born, but when I did, the first thing I saw was an engagement ring. I was hooked.” — Elizabeth Taylor
86. “Soul meets soul on lovers’ lips.” — Percy Bysshe Shelley
87. “A marriage is like a long trip in a tiny rowboat; if one passenger starts to rock the boat, the other has to steady it; otherwise they will go to the bottom together.” — David Reuben
88. “Remember tonight, for it is the beginning of always.” — Dante Alighieri
89. “Love is the expansion of two natures in such fashion that each includes the other, each is enriched by the other.” — Felix Adler
90. “You are my heart, my life, my one and only thought.” – Arthur Conan Doyle
Engagement Quotes To Embrace Your Union
91. “Love is perhaps the only glimpse we are permitted of eternity.” ― Helen Hayes
92. “Love is a game that two can play and both win.” ― Eva Gabor
93. “I like it, but it’s yellow, and I’m like, I didn’t want yellow for my engagement ring.” ― Paris Hilton
94. “I love being married. It’s so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.” ― Rita Rudner
95. “For those who love… time is eternity.” ― Henry Van Dyke
96. “We are all born for love. It is the principle of existence, and its only end.” ― Benjamin Disraeli
97. “There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage.” ― Martin Luther
98. “The arms of love encompass you with your present, your past, your future, the arms of love gather you together.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupery
99. “Marriage is an alliance entered into by a man who can’t sleep with the window shut, and a woman who can’t sleep with the window open.” ― George Bernard Shaw
100. “Come grow old with me. The best is yet to be.” ― William Wordsworth
Which of these engagement quotes resonated with you best?
Engagement quotes can tell you everything about the emotions of getting engaged.
Getting engaged is a special moment and will influence the rest of your life and how your future will look.
Many people see this as the first step toward the rest of your life with your partner, the moment that will spur every future moment for the two of you.
What can you expect from your new marriage now?
In a true love relationship, you can expect nothing but happiness, the rush of being together forever, and a life of being in love with your favorite person—your soulmate.
Which of these lovely engagement quotes is your favorite?
Do you have any other beautiful quotes to add?
Tell us in the comment section below.
If you found this article helpful, please share it with your friends on social media.