These engagement quotes capture exactly how it feels when you’re so in love that you want nothing more than to spend the rest of your life with a person.
Getting engaged is one of the most special moments of a person’s life. When you get engaged, your lives together become one.
So, what’s the reality of being that in love with another person?
When you’re so in love that you want nothing more than to spend the rest of your lives together, it feels like all you want is to spend every moment of every day with that other person.
You feel like you want to spend forever with them, and the engagement makes that a reality. When you’re in love, all you want is to get married.
These engagement quotes capture that feeling and help you fall even more in love with your partner than you already are.
Enjoy reading them, and don’t forget to also check out our collection of soulmate quotes celebrating true love.
Engagement Quotes About True Love
1.) “Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite.” – Unknown
2.) “To love and to be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.” – David Viscott
3.) “Love reminds you that nothing else matters.” – Amy Bushnell
4.) “Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
5.) “No one can ever break the bond between two people who love one another.”- Unknown
6.) “Find the person who will love you because of your differences and not in spite of them and you have found a lover for life.” – Leo Buscaglia
7.) “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with a person, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” – Unknown
8.) “Love is not blind—it sees more, not less. But because it sees more, it is willing to see less.” – Rabbi Julius Gordon
9.) “He did not realize that she was all he ever wanted all along and when he finally did, he immediately knelt down on one knee and asked her to marry.” – Unknown
10.) “For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart.” – Unknown
11.) “Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction.” – Antoine
12.) “You rose into my life like a promised sunrise, brightening my days with the light in your eyes. I’ve never been so strong. Now I’m where I belong.” – Maya Angelou
13.) “We’re all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness—and call it love—true love.” –Robert Fulghum
14.) “We have the greatest pre-nuptial agreement in the world. It’s called love.” – Gene Perret
15.) “Trip over love, you can get up. Fall in love and you fall forever.” –Anonymous
Also, read these funny bridal shower quotes about love and marriage.
Engagement Quotes About Forever
16.) “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” – Unknown
17.) “Love at first sight is easy to understand; it’s when two people have been looking at each other for a lifetime that it becomes a miracle.” – Sam Levenson
18.) “We must have been soulmates in the past for we just clicked so easily to be engaged so fast.” – Unknown
19.) “Every day that we spend together I find myself loving you more and more, my dear love.” – Unknown
20.) “I will forever be there to laugh with you, to lift you up when you are down and to love you unconditionally through all of our adventures in life together.” – Unknown
21.) “I promise to take care of you when you are old but the first time you hit me with your cane, I’ll wash your dentures in toilet water.” – Anonymous
22.) “True love stories never have endings.” – Richard Bach
23.) “Engagement marks the end of a whirlwind romance and beginning of an eternal love story.” – Rajeev Ranjan
24.) “In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine.” – Maya Angelou
25.) “I choose you and I’ll choose you over and over and over without pause, without a doubt, in a heartbeat, I’ll keep choosing.” – Unknown
26.) “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” – AA Milne
27.) “Anyone can catch your eye, but it takes the ride worthwhile.” – Franklin P. Jones
28.) “Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it meaning. Your love paints a beautiful picture of what love really means.” –Anonymous
Engagement Quotes About Becoming One
29.) “My name sounds even cuter with your last name added to it.” –Anonymous
30.) “He stole my heart, so I’m going to steal his last name.” – Anonymous
31.) “I hope that one day, when you get engaged, it is with the person that matters to you, the one you love, not someone you are forced to be with.” –Anonymous
32.) “We may have started as individuals, but now we are as one.” –Anonymous
33.) “Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” – Emily Bronte
34.) “Grow old with me! The best is yet to be.” – Robert Browning
35.) “Thinking of you keeps me awake. Dreaming of you keeps me asleep. Being with you keeps me alive.” – Anonymous
36.) “Find the person who will love you because of your differences and not in spite of them and you have found a lover for life.” – Leo Bascaglia
37.) “I couldn’t have dreamed you into existence because I didn’t even know I needed you. You must have been sent to me.” – Kamand Kojouri
38.) “Love doesn’t make the world go ‘round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.” – Franklin P. Jones
39.) “Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love.” –Albert Einstein
Don’t forget these hilarious bridesmaid quotes as well.
Engagement Quotes About Marriage
40.) “Engagement is trying to figure out each other’s quirks before the two of you get married.” – Anonymous
41.) “Let us be together for the rest of our lives, I will assure you that, starting from this engagement.” – Anonymous
42.) “Marriage is not easy so never marry someone else for other reasons besides love.” – Anonymous
43.) “Engagement is more like a getting to know if you really want to marry someone for real.” – Anonymous
44.) “When you get engaged with someone and you want to get married as soon as possible, that is love.” – Anonymous
45.) “I try to remember, as I hear about friends getting engaged, that it’s not about the ring and its not about the wedding. It’s a grave thing getting married. And it’s easy to get swept up in the wrong things.” – Gwyneth Paltrow
46.) “I won’t give my heart to another girl until God shows me it’s my wife.” – Eric Ludy
47.) “It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.” – Ernest Hemingway
48.) “The highest happiness on earth is marriage.” – William Lyon Phelps
49.) “A happy marriage is the union of two good forgivers.” – Ruth Bell Graham
50.) “Ultimately the bond of all companionship, whether in marriage or in friendship, is conversation.” – Oscar Wilde
More engagement quotes and sayings
51.) “Marriage is a mosaic you build with your spouse. Millions of tiny moments that create your love story.” – Jennifer Smith
52.) “The real act of marriage takes place in the heart, not in the ballroom or church or synagogue. It’s a choice you make—not just on your wedding day, but over and over again—and that choice is reflected in the way you treat your husband or wife.” – Barbara de Angelis
53. “I married a man who was as much a part of me as my own soul.” – C.J. English
54. “The more you engage and connect, the more engagement and connections you will have.” – Loren Weisman
55. “When you asked me what I wanted to be, I said yours and you kissed me like no tomorrow.” – Unknown
56. “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard but must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
57. “You make me want to be a better man.” – Melvin Udall
58. “I would never forget the day you told me that you wanted to spend the rest of forever with me.” – Unknown
59. “Love is like the wind, you can’t see it but you can feel it.” – Nicholas Sparks
60. ”Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze.” – Elinor Glyn
Have you seen these wedding quotes and sayings?
Engagement quotes for fiance
61. “No matter where I went, you’re always the person I run back to. You are my compass star.” – Unknown
62. “I wish you to know that you have been the last dream of my soul.” —Charles Dickens
63. “I love you not because of all your belongings, but because of your kind and loving nature. More importantly, I just love how I feel when I’m with you.” – Unknown
64. “Wherever you are is my home, my only home.” — Jane Eyre
65. “My future husband-to-be is the nicest, funniest, and smartest person I know. He annoys me sometimes… but I love him to death.” – Unknown
66. “And I’d choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I’d find you and I’d choose you.” —Kiersten White
67. “No matter what has happened. No matter what you’ve done. No matter what you will do. I will always love you. I swear it.” – C.J. Redwine
68. “You don’t marry someone you can live with—you marry the person you cannot live without.” — Anonymous
69. “I would rather spend one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this universe alone. I feel so lucky to be your fiancé!” – Unknown
70. “Love one another and you will be happy. It’s as simple and as difficult as that.” — Micheal Leunig
Inspiring Engagement Quotes
71. “We loved with a love that was more than a love.” — Edgar Allan Poe
72. “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” — Nora Ephron
73. “The secret of a happy marriage remains… a secret.” — Henny Youngman
74. “Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.” — Simone Signoret
75. “There are many blanks left in the weeks of courtship, which a loving faith fills with happy assurance.” — George Eliot
76. “Many people spend more time in planning the wedding than they do in planning the marriage.” — Zig Ziglar
77. “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” — Aristotle
78. “All commands from your lips are sweet, I say, and now have you not said the sweetest of all? Marry you!” — Byron Caldwell Smith
79. “Marriage is not kick-boxing, it’s salsa dancing.” ― Amit Kalantri
80. “It is sometimes essential for a husband and a wife to quarrel—they get to know each other better.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Engagement Quotes about Oneness
81. “If there is such a thing as a good marriage, it is because it resembles friendship rather than love.” — Michel de Montaigne
82. “If you have respect and consideration for one another, you’ll make it.” – Mary Durso
83. “Why do married people live longer than single people? I think it’s because married people make a special effort to live longer than their partner—just so they can have the last word.” — Janet Periat
84. “Success in marriage does not come merely through finding the right mate, but through being the right mate.” — Barnett R. Brickner
85. “My mother says I didn’t open my eyes for eight days after I was born, but when I did, the first thing I saw was an engagement ring. I was hooked.” — Elizabeth Taylor
86. “Soul meets soul on lovers’ lips.” — Percy Bysshe Shelley
87. “A marriage is like a long trip in a tiny rowboat; if one passenger starts to rock the boat, the other has to steady it; otherwise they will go to the bottom together.” — David Reuben
88. “Remember tonight, for it is the beginning of always.” — Dante Alighieri
89. “Love is the expansion of two natures in such fashion that each includes the other, each is enriched by the other.” — Felix Adler
90. “You are my heart, my life, my one and only thought.” – Arthur Conan Doyle
Which of these engagement quotes resonated with you best?
Engagement quotes can tell you everything about the emotions that come with getting engaged. Getting engaged is a special moment, and will influence the rest of your life and how your future will look.
Many people see this as the first step toward the rest of your life with your partner, the moment that will spur every future moment for the two of you.
What can you expect from your new marriage now? In a relationship of true love, you can expect nothing but happiness, the rush of being together forever, and a life of being in love with your favorite person in the world—your soulmate.
Which of these lovely engagement quotes is your favorite? Do you have any other beautiful quotes to add? Tell us in the comment section below.
May 7, 2022 5:00 AM EST