If you love a good television character or the show Californication, you will enjoy these Hank Moody quotes.
Hank Moody is a fictional character that is the star of the drama series Californication which ran on Showtime for seven seasons between 2007 and 2014.
Hank Moody is played by actor David Duchovny, who brings the talented yet troubled and erratic writer to life.
The show follows Hank’s life, with most of the storyline taking place between his college years and his daughter getting married.
Hank was born and raised in New York, and most of the drama series takes place between New York City and Los Angeles, where Hank moves back and forth.
Hank has a successful career, but his personal life is a mess as he struggles with alcoholism and promiscuous sex.
While he ultimately wants to be with his true love, who is the mother to his daughter, he seems to screw up that possibility time after time.
As his daughter grows up and wants to follow in her father’s footsteps, he has to deal with knowing he is a poor role model.
Check out these Hank Moody quotes to better get to know this hit character!
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of Hamilton Musical quotes from the hit movie.
Telling Hank Moody quotes
This set of quotes really gives you insight into what type of person Hank Moody is.
1. “Why are you living beyond your means?” — Hank Moody
2. “That’s it? You’re just gonna stand by your man?” — Hank Moody
3. “It’s my purgatory, really. Dinner, drinks… Whatever.” — Hank Moody
4. “Well, the booze is always helpful, and so is the art.” — Hank Moody
5. “That’s what happens in a relationship; you stop caring.” — Hank Moody
6. “Nothing, in particular, the guy just bugs the shit out of me.” — Hank Moody
7. “You have extremely moist lips. They’re like kissable cupcakes.” — Hank Moody
8. “Nobody likes you. You’re ugly, and your mother dresses you funny.” — Hank Moody
9. “I guess I see myself as an enthusiast. A drug and alcohol enthusiast.” — Hank Moody
10. “All my life I thought that sort of life was lame, but now I realize the joke was on me.” — Hank Moody
Sarcastic Hank Moody quotes
Hank Moody is sarcastic, and the quotes below catch him at his best!
11. “A morning of awkwardness is far better than a night of loneliness” — Hank Moody
12. “All those things that weren’t supposed to happen? They happened.” — Hank Moody
13. “I’ve got a kind of bunny boiler situation happening; she’s got a key to my place.” — Hank Moody
14. “The person that I want to have everything to do with wants nothing to do with me.” — Hank Moody
15. “You know what they say? Whatever doesn’t kill us makes us even more annoying.” — Hank Moody
16. “Just be careful. Young writers on the rise have been known to make certain mistakes.” — Hank Moody
17. “No, she’s not right, and even if she were, you’re her parent. It’s your job to make her feel like she’s wrong.” — Hank Moody
18. “It’s just so hard to tell the difference between those that have a good heart and the ones that are just out there to win.” — Hank Moody
19. “I’m just like my father. You know, there isn’t a woman that I’ve met that I haven’t fallen in love with for 10 minutes or 10 years.” — Hank Moody
20. “It is possible that longing for something is better than actually having it. I’ve heard it said that satisfaction is the death of desire.” — Hank Moody
We see that Hank Moody is a successful writer, but because he does not have a balanced personal life, it constantly interferes with his professional life.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Hank Moody quotes and sayings?
Please share with your friends and family and post any comments in the comment section below.