Jiminy Cricket Quotes From the Classic Movie Pinocchio
March 20, 2023 2:59 AM EST
Disney fans will love these wise and funny Jiminy Cricket quotes!
Jiminy Cricket is a fictional cricket that appears in the 1940 movie Pinocchio and serves as a “conscience” for Pinocchio, a puppet who wishes to be a boy.
Jiminy was created by Ward Kimball and was based on the unnamed cricket from Carlo Collodi’s 1883 children’s book called The Adventures of Pinocchio.
Multiple people have voiced him throughout his roles.
Cliff Edwards voiced him in Pinocchio and for an additional 31 years.
Eddie Carroll voiced him for 37 years.
In the movie, Pinocchio Jiminy accompanies Pinocchio on his adventures as his wisecracking partner and conscience.
Jiminy Cricket has become such a timeless and popular character that he has also appeared in comics, Television shows, video games, and in appearances at Disney parks.
Enjoy these Jiminy Cricket quotes that will teach you more about this famous character!
You will also enjoy our article on Minnie Mouse quotes.
Classic Jiminy Cricket Quotes
Check out some of the most classic quotes from this lovable character!
1. “After all, enough is enough.” — Jiminy Cricket
2. “Oh, buck up, son. It could be worse. Be cheerful—like me!” — Jiminy Cricket
3. “Maybe you and I better have a little heart-to-heart talk.” — Jiminy Cricket
4. “I play safe for you and me. ’Cause I’m no fool.” — Jiminy Cricket
5. “A fine conscience I turned out to be!” — Jiminy Cricket
6. “Over here! Cricket’s the name. Jiminy Cricket, at your service.” — Jiminy Cricket
7. “When you wish upon a star, it makes no difference who you are. Anything your heart desires will come to you.” — Jiminy Cricket
8. “A conscience is that still, small voice that people won’t listen to. That’s just the trouble with the world today.” — Jiminy Cricket
9. “Well, I’m goin’ with ya. Pinocchio’s gonna need his conscience, and that’s where I come in.” — Jiminy Cricket
10. “Go ahead, make a fool of yourself, then maybe you’ll listen to your conscience.” — Jiminy Cricket
11. “Well, guess he won’t be needing me anymore. What does an actor want with a conscience, anyway?” — Jiminy Cricket
12. “Here they come, Pinoke. Now, you tell ‘em.’” — Jiminy Cricket
13. “Now you’re talkin’! Come on, slowpoke, I’ll race ya home!” — Jiminy Cricket
14. “I don’t mind being left behind as long as they’re both safe. Maybe Pinocchio doesn’t need me after all.” — Jiminy Cricket
15. “And always let your conscience be your guide.” — Jiminy Cricket
Wise Jiminy Cricket Quotes
Take a look at some of the wise quotes from this classic character.
16. “No fibbing, now! You know you’re not supposed to tell lies.” — Jiminy Cricket
17. “Avoid anyone that has a fiendish cackle, a sinister smile, or a diabolical glare, not necessarily in that order.” — Jiminy Cricket
18. “If your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.” — Jiminy Cricket
19. “Fighting is a bad idea. Giving in to one’s dark side never accomplishes anything.” — Jiminy Cricket
20. “You can’t shoulder all your problems alone, ya know. You must have somebody—a friend you can talk to?” — Jiminy Cricket
21. “Live in the jungle once, but leave before it makes you hard. Live in the forest once, but leave before it makes you soft.” — Jiminy Cricket
22. “Anyone can be a fool and do things which are wrong. But fools find out when it’s too late.” — Jiminy Cricket
23. “Treat your elders with respect, and don’t be fooled by bad advice.” — Jiminy Cricket
24. “You must try your best, and that’s the best anybody can do.” — Jiminy Cricket
25. “Now, you see, the world is full of temptations.” — Jiminy Cricket
What Does Jiminy Cricket Look Like?
Jiminy Cricket is a cricket that dresses like a 19th or early 20th-century gentleman and is bipedal.
He has a short antenna and four limbs and is known for wearing his blue top hat and carrying his burgundy umbrella.
Please share these Jiminy Cricket quotes with your family and friends and post any comments about the character in the comment section below.