The anticipation quotes listed below can help you plan for your future.
These quotes can let you think about what to anticipate from your life and how to improve your chances of making something happen.
These quotes have been collected with different readers in mind.
You will find all types of quotes, from engaging to inspiring.
In addition, we have also briefly explained the term anticipation and the benefits of positive anticipation in life.
What is meant by anticipation?
Anticipation refers to a condition where someone is waiting eagerly for an event that is going to happen.
For instance, if a person has proposed to someone, he/she will anxiously anticipate a positive reply.
Benefits of positive anticipation in life
You can be optimistic when anticipating or expecting something.
Bringing positive anticipation in life can be beneficial in the following ways:
- This would give you the power to handle all types of challenges.
- To bring good into your life. This suggests you should think about changing your anticipations into your intentions.
- It would be an impressive way to achieve a healthy and good life.
- With positive anticipation, it’s possible to manipulate your financial future.
- Positive anticipation also helps you to keep things in order and prepare for future events like study, marriage, or retirement.
Many people can’t get from their lives what they were expecting.
By anticipating, you can prevent this from happening to you.
For this purpose, you need to examine what you expect from your life.
Expecting too much from your life can hurt you when you fail to achieve what you desire.
This way, you can live a more satisfying life and seek otherwise unavailable benefits.
What to consider when anticipating something
Below are the things you should consider when anticipating or expecting something from your life.
- The first thing to do is to make a goal and anticipate achieving it.
- Keep in mind the negative and positive aspects of what you anticipate.
- Make sure to base your anticipation on reality, as it will increase the chances of practically achieving this.
Top 10 anticipation quotes
Below are the top ten anticipation quotes you will love reading and sharing.
1. “We usually get what we anticipate.” ― Claude M. Bristol
2. “Anticipation was the soul of enjoyment.” ― Elizabeth Gaskell
3. “As Daddy said, life is 95 percent anticipation.” ― Gloria Swanson
4. “Fear is pain arising from the anticipation of evil.” ― Aristotle
5. “Wisdom consists of the anticipation of consequences.” ― Norman Cousins
6. “The poetry is all in the anticipation, for there is none in reality.” ― Mark Twain
7. “Anticipation of pleasure is, in itself, a very considerable pleasure.” ― David Hume
8. “One of the most delightful things about a garden is the anticipation it provides.” ― W. E. Johns
9. “I live in the present. I only remember the past, and anticipate the future.” ― Henry David Thoreau
10. “The anticipation of discovering new possibilities becomes my greatest joy.” ― Jerry Uelsmann
Anticipation quotes to engage someone
These anticipation quotes are perfect for sharing with others and attracting their attention.
11. “If I know your sect, I anticipate your argument.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
12. “The reason why most people face the future with apprehension instead of anticipation is because they don’t have it well designed!” ― Jim Rohn
13. “I can’t help flying up on the wings of anticipation. It’s as glorious as soaring through a sunset… almost pays for the thud.” ― Lucy Maud Montgomery
14. “There are people who are always anticipating trouble, and in this way they manage to enjoy many sorrows that never really happen to them.” ― Josh Billings
15. “The opportunity to perform. It’s just the feeling of anticipation and then once you’re in the middle of it – you get in the zone. That’s what you hope for.” ― Lenny Jacobson
16. “An intense anticipation itself transforms possibility into reality; our desires being often but precursors of the things which we are capable of performing.” ― Samuel Smiles
17. “Know how to keep anticipation alive: always strive to feed it, by letting the much promise more, and the one achievement be the announcement only of a greater.” ― Baltasar Gracian
18. “Disaster preparedness, whether it’s in anticipation of potential weather-related incidents or terrorist incidents requires a skill set that in my mind someone has to be trained for.” ― Bennie Thompson
Unforgettable anticipation quotes
These quotes are so inspiring that you won’t forget them.
19. “Never forget that anticipation is an important part of life.” ― Nicholas Sparks
20. “Successful investing is anticipating the anticipations of others.” ― John Maynard Keynes
21. “If pleasures are greatest in anticipation, just remember that this is also true of trouble.” ― Elbert Hubbard
22. “No mind is much employed upon the present; recollection and anticipation fill up almost all our moments.” ― Samuel Johnson
23. “Finally, after more than a year of unprecedented anticipation, the talking stops and the cricket begins.” ― Jonathan Agnew
24. “I have good anticipation, and good reaction to the ball because I’ve played so many matches in my life.” ― Martina Hingis
25. “When I was little I always thought I was marked out, special, on the verge of something momentous. I used to tingle with anticipation.” ― Felicity Kendal
26. “A great source of calamity lies in regret and anticipation; therefore a person is wise who thinks of the present alone, regardless of the past or future.” ― Oliver Goldsmith
27. “There is no more respected or influential forum in the field of journalism than the New York Times. I look forward, with great anticipation, to contributing to its op-ed page” ― Ted Koppel
28. “I like to compare the holiday season with the way a child listens to a favorite story. The pleasure is in the familiar way the story begins, the anticipation of familiar turns it takes, the familiar moments of suspense, and the familiar climax and ending.” ― Fred Rogers
Check out our collection of future quotes if you enjoy this article.
Anticipation quotes for social media
Find below the most impressive anticipation quotes worth sharing via Instagram or Facebook.
29. “The wise man avoids evil by anticipating it.” ― Publilius Syrus
30. “Men spend their lives in anticipations.” ― Charles Caleb Colton
31. “Anticipation and Hope are born twins.” ― Jean-Jacques Rousseau
32. “Anticipation is making me late, it’s keeping me waiting.” ― Carly Simon
33. “Tension is anticipation and uncertainty. Every art has to have it.” ― Rex Brandt
34. “I look forward to death with great anticipation, to meeting God face to face.” ― Billy Graham
35. “Anticipating pain was like enduring it twice. Why not anticipate pleasure instead?” ― Robin Hobb
36. “Expecting is the greatest impediment to living. In anticipation of tomorrow, it loses today.” ― Seneca the Younger
37. “The charm of a woodland road lies not only in its beauty but in anticipation. Around each bend may be a discovery, an adventure.” ― Dale Rex Coman
38. “The present time is seldom able to fill desire or imagination with immediate enjoyment, and we are forced to supply its deficiencies by recollection or anticipation.” ― Samuel Johnson
Some other impressive anticipation quotes
Here are a few other outstanding anticipation quotes to read and have fun with.
39. “There is no terror in the bang, only in the anticipation of it.” ― Alfred Hitchcock
40. “Nobody knows what anticipation is anymore. Everything is so immediate.” ― Joan Jett
41. “Our worst misfortunes never happen, and most miseries lie in anticipation.” ― Honore de Balzac
42. “By anticipation we sugar misery and enjoy happiness before they are in being.” ― Joseph Addison
43. “For most Americans, Friday afternoons are filled with positive anticipation of the weekend.” ― John Sununu
44. “To tremble before anticipated evils is to bemoan what thou hast never lost.” ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
45. “People don’t realize that now is all there ever is; there is no past or future except as memory or anticipation in your mind.” ― Eckhart Tolle
46. “You can never read your own book with the innocent anticipation that comes with that first delicious page of a new book, because you wrote the thing.” ― Margaret Atwood
47. “But if we learn to think of it as anticipation, as learning, as growing, if we think of the time we spend waiting for the big things of life as an opportunity instead of a passing of time, what wonderful horizons open out!” ― Anna Neagle
48. “Many live in dread of what is coming. Why should we? The unknown puts adventure into life. … The unexpected around the corner gives a sense of anticipation and surprise. Thank God for the unknown future.” ― E. Stanley Jones
Which of these anticipation quotes is your favorite?
Once gone through our comprehensive list of anticipation quotes, you might know how amazing they are.
In most cases, these quotes give you the idea that you should anticipate something without feeling entitled.
This means you should strive for what you want to achieve and manipulate things by anticipating the happening of an event.
If you like our anticipation quotes and sayings, don’t forget to share them with your friends and family.