At the time of his death, he was on top of the world, and these Biggie Smalls lyrics will take you back to a time when he was still here with us.
Discover the man behind the powerful lyrics with Biggie Smalls quotes to uplift and inspire!
Christopher George Latore Wallace, better known as The Notorious B.I.G. or Biggie Smalls, was an American rapper who’s considered to be one of the greatest and most influential rappers in history.
Known for his effortless flow on the mic, storytelling abilities and profound lyrics on urban life in America, Biggie Smalls left an enduring mark on the world and influenced a generation of artists.
Smalls was born on May 21, 1972, in Brooklyn, New York. He had a tough childhood, started dealing drugs at around the age of 12, and dropped out of school at age 17.
He began rapping when he was a teenager and made his first tape under the name Biggie Smalls after being released from prison.
In 1994, Biggie Smalls released his first album, Ready to Die, which became a huge success. He went on to achieve success at a very age, becoming the top-selling solo male rapper in the U.S.
On March 9, 1997, Smalls was shot and killed by an unidentified assailant in Los Angeles. Sixteen days after his death, his double discs album, Life After Death, was released.
The album rose to number one on the U.S. album charts and became one of the best-selling albums in the United States. Since his death, three more albums have been released, and he has certified sales of over 13.4 million albums.
Though his life was short-lived, Biggie Smalls still managed to use his Everyday Power to rise to the top of his game.
Many Biggie Smalls quotes are considered to be of the best rap lyrics of all time. Here are our favorite quotes from the Notorious B.I.G.; memorable and inspirational words that ignite a fire to help you be the best you can be.
Biggie Smalls quotes and lyrics about life
1. “Damn right I like the life I live because I went from negative to positive.” – Biggie Smalls
2. “If you feel like it’s something you don’t have to do, you really have to question it.” – Biggie Smalls
3. “You gotta mature, you know.” – Biggie Smalls
4. “I’m living every day like a hustle.” – Biggie Smalls
5. “My real-life helped me sell a lot of records.” – Biggie Smalls
6. “If you hear something about somebody, don’t be so quick to be like, I don’t like him. Try to find out what’s going on.” – Biggie Smalls
7. “If the game shakes me or breaks me, I hope it makes me a better man.” – Biggie Smalls
8. “What happens on that corner happens on every corner.” – Biggie Smalls
9. “Sticks and stones may break bones, but the Gat will kill you quicker.” – Biggie Smalls
10. “Learn to treat life to the best, put stress to rest.” – Biggie Smalls
11. “I’m a nice guy, but the fear keeps everybody on their toes. People sometimes mistake sweetness for weakness.” – Biggie Smalls
Biggie Smalls quotes and lyrics about death
12. “I wonder if I died, would tears come to her eyes? Forgive me for my disrespect, forgive me for my lies.” – Biggie Smalls
13. “I would never wish death on nobody, ’cause there ain’t no coming back from that.” – Biggie Smalls
14. “I don’t wanna live no more, sometimes I hear death knockin’ at my front door.” – Biggie Smalls
15. “You’re nobody ’til somebody kills you.” – Biggie Smalls
16. “I can’t rhyme about being broke no more, I ain’t broke, I can’t rhyme about hustling in the streets no more cause I don’t hustle no more, you know, so it’s the life after. All that’s over with now, I ain’t hungry no more. Now it’s a new beginning, this the life after the death.” – Biggie Smalls
Biggie Smalls quotes and lyrics about success
18. “Stay far from timid, only make moves when your heart’s in it, and live the phrase ‘sky’s the limit.’” – Biggie Smalls
19. “Excellence is my presence, never tense, never hesitant.” – Biggie Smalls
20. “We aint’ trying to fail in this game. We trying to succeed.” – Biggie Smalls
21. “Keep trying. Persistence and consistency is the best thing. As long as you keeping it real, and you keep trying, keep banging that wall and it will fall.” – Biggie Smalls
22. “I found something I was good at, I’m just trying to flip it, keep it going. I ain’t trying to slack at all.” – Biggie Smalls
23. “Climb the ladder to success escalator style” – Biggie Smalls
24. “And everything you get, ya gotta work hard for it.” – Biggie Smalls
25. “Never let no one know how much dough you hold.” – Biggie Smalls
26. “It’s like the more money we come across / the more problems we see.” – Biggie Smalls
27. “I never thought it could happen, this rappin’ stuff.” – Biggie Smalls
28. “You know very well who you are, don’t let em hold you down, reach for the stars.” – Biggie Smalls
29. “Lyrically, I’m supposed to represent.” – Biggie Smalls
30. “I’m blowing up like you thought I would/Call the crib, same number, same hood, it’s all good.” – Biggie Smalls
31. “Never lose, never choose to.” – Biggie Smalls
Biggie Smalls quotes about love, family and friends
32. “Spread love, it’s the Brooklyn way.” – Biggie Smalls
33. “This rule is so underrated: Keep your family and business completely separated.” – Biggie Smalls
34. “If you don’t love yourself, I’ll make you see your own heart.” – Biggie Smalls
35. “I’m trying to get other niggas off the streets.” – Biggie Smalls
36. “Get my daughter this college grant so she don’t need no man” – Biggie Smalls
37. “96 is the year of love. We all need to pull together.” – Biggie Smalls
Inspirational Biggie Smalls quotes
38. “We can’t change the world unless we change ourselves.” – Biggie Smalls
39. “The second time I went to jail, I was like, ‘okay, this is not the move.’” – Biggie Smalls
40. “I don’t chase ’em, I replace ’em.” – Biggie Smalls
41. “Please don’t hate me because I’m beautiful.” – Biggie Smalls
42. “Even when I was wrong, I got my point across.” – Biggie Smalls
43. “Never let them know your next move.” – Biggie Smalls
44. “To all the teachers that told me I’d never amount to nothing.” – Biggie Smalls
45. “Considered a fool ’cause I dropped out of high school. Stereotypes of a black male misunderstood.” – Biggie Smalls
46. “Every true hustler knows that you cannot hustle forever. You will go to jail eventually.” – Biggie Smalls
47. “I can’t even see me wasting my time or my talent to disrespect another black man.” – Biggie Smalls
48. “If Faith had twins, she’d probably have two Pacs, Get it, Tu-Pac’s?” – Biggie Smalls
49. “Catch me if you can like the gingerbread man.” – Biggie Smalls
50. “If you didn’t know, now you know.” – Biggie Smalls
Notorious B.I.G. quotes that will make your day
51. “I never wish death on nobody, cause there ain’t coming back from that.”– Biggie Smalls
52. “Whatever you’re going to do, just do it for a reason. You know what I’m saying. Don’t be a fool and just sit back and do it because somebody else is doing it.” – Biggie Smalls
53. “The hustlers on the corner were my role models.”– Biggie Smalls
54. “I’m making music for the people. If y’all love the music, y’all gonna buy the music.”– Biggie Smalls
55. “All I know is gold and platinum, and I want to be platinum.”– Biggie Smalls
56. “I’m definitely a writer. I don’t even know how to freestyle.”– Biggie Smalls
57. “If you got a little something you know how to do, progress at it, keep trying, you know God knows what could happen.” – Biggie Smalls
58. “I can’t never stop nobody, can’t knock nobody hustle.” – Biggie Smalls
59. “Live the phrase sky’s the limit.” – Biggie Smalls
60. “I grew up in some suburb, I’d come out with a song about potholes in my lawn.” – Biggie Smalls
61. “I don’t chase them, I replace them.” – Biggie Smalls
62. “Who wants to be a shadow for the rest of their life?” – Biggie Smalls
63. “You never want anyone to know everything about you. It makes you too easy to classify.”– Biggie Smalls
64. “And if you don’t know, now you know.” – Biggie Smalls
65. “As I open my eyes and realizing I changed. Not the same deranged child stuck up in the game.” – Biggie Smalls
Insightful Biggie Smalls quotes
66. “The mo’ money you make, the mo’ problems you get.” – Biggie Smalls
67. “I hold grudges, but I can’t hate nobody; that’s not my nature.” – Biggie Smalls
68. “Sicker than your average.” – Biggie Smalls
69. “Back in third grade, they used to say, ‘Take whatever talent you have and think of something you can do with it.’ I liked to draw, but what could I do with it? Maybe I could be an art dealer – nah, can’t see myself doing that. Maybe I could do commercial arts?”– Biggie Smalls
70. “I wanted to get in the game and get the big house and the cars, and with the pool. I wanted to do all that.” – Biggie Smalls
71. “I’m not a security-type person: I don’t want to have bodyguards around me. I’m not into all that.” – Biggie Smalls
72. “Birthdays was the worst days. Now we sip champagne when we thirsty.” – Biggie Smalls
73. “I’m basically different things to different people. If it’s a guy, I’m-a probably have my guard up because it’s a street rule that when men come around that I don’t know, I just immediately throw shade on them. But I don’t associate with fellas all that much; if it’s a girl – a beautiful girl – I be nice.” – Biggie Smalls
74. “Pac get busy. People can’t take nothing from him. On the lyrics, he get busy, straight up.”– Biggie Smalls
75. “Yes it’s me, the B.I.G / Competition ripper ever since 13″– Biggie Smalls
More Biggie Smalls quotes
76. “I gotta stay on a positive vibe. All my peoples gotta stay on a positive vibe, you know? The negativity just brings failure.” – Biggie Smalls
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of good vibes quotes about feeling good.
77. “How real can your music be if you wake up in the morning hearing birds and crickets? I never hear birds when I wake up. Just a lot of construction work, the smell of Chinese takeout, children screaming, and everybody knocking a different track from ‘Ready to Die’ as they pass down the street.” – Biggie Smalls
78. “I got a lawyer to watch my lawyer.” – Biggie Smalls
79. “I cleaned up my act, and I made this rap thing work for me. I thought people would respect me for that. But instead, it’s, ‘Oh, he’s sold all these records, and now he thinks he’s all that.'” – Biggie Smalls
80. “Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis. When I was dead broke man I couldn’t picture this.” – Biggie Smalls
81. “I can’t even say Puff and me are like brothers, ’cause we closer than that.” – Biggie Smalls
82. “It’s all good baby, baby.” – Biggie Smalls
83. “With big folks, either people think you look mean or it’s more of a jolly Santa Claus, ‘Oh, he’s just a pudgy little teddy bear pillow.'” – Biggie Smalls
84. “Basically, I wake up at nine o’clock in the morning, go to different record stores, go to the studio, think up different ideas for songs. Just workin’.” – Biggie Smalls
85. “Take a better stand. Put money in my mom’s hand.”– Biggie Smalls
Powerful Biggie Smalls quotes
86. “You never thought that hip hop would take it this far.” – Biggie Smalls
87. “Life is a beautiful melody, only the lyrics are messed up.” – Biggie Smalls
88. “Drink some coffee. Put on some gangsta rap and handle it.” – Biggie Smalls
89. “If you can make it through the night, there’s a brighter day.” – Biggie Smalls
90. “Now I’m in the limelight ’cause I rhyme tight.” – Biggie Smalls
91. “So I just speak my piece, keep my peace.” – Biggie Smalls
92. “Please don’t hate me because I’m beautiful baby.” – Biggie Smalls
93. “Don’t ask me. I went from ashy, to nasty, to classy.” – Biggie Smalls
94. “You’re mad cause my style you’re admiring. Don’t be mad, ups is hiring.” – Biggie Smalls
95. “Another day, another struggle.” – Biggie Smalls
Which Biggie Smalls quotes were your favorite?
Although Biggie Smalls passed away back in 1997, he is still regarded as one of the best and most influential rappers of all time. He influenced a generation of artists and left an indelible mark on the world.
However you choose to celebrate and remember Biggie Smalls, we hope his words have inspired you to be the best you can be.
Did you enjoy these Biggie Smalls quotes and lyrics? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Tell us in the comment section below.
March 18, 2022 5:00 AM EST