At the time of his death, he was on top of the world, and these Biggie Smalls lyrics will take you back to a time when he was still here with us.
Discover the man behind the powerful lyrics with Biggie Smalls quotes to uplift and inspire!
Christopher George Latore Wallace, better known as The Notorious B.I.G. or Biggie Smalls, was an American rapper who’s considered to be one of the greatest and most influential rappers in history.
Known for his effortless flow on the mic, storytelling abilities and profound lyrics on urban life in America, Biggie Smalls left an enduring mark on the world and influenced a generation of artists.
Smalls was born on May 21, 1972, in Brooklyn, New York.
He had a tough childhood, started dealing drugs at around the age of 12, and dropped out of school at age 17.
He began rapping when he was a teenager and made his first tape under the name Biggie Smalls after being released from prison.
In 1994, Biggie Smalls released his first album, Ready to Die, which became a huge success.
He went on to achieve success at a very age, becoming the top-selling solo male rapper in the U.S.
On March 9, 1997, Smalls was shot and killed by an unidentified assailant in Los Angeles.
Sixteen days after his death, his double discs album, Life After Death, was released.
The album rose to number one on the U.S. album charts and became one of the best-selling albums in the United States.
Since his death, three more albums have been released, and he has certified sales of over 13.4 million albums.
Though his life was short-lived, Biggie Smalls still managed to use his Everyday Power to rise to the top of his game.
Many Biggie Smalls quotes are considered to be of the best rap lyrics of all time.
Here are our favorite quotes from the Notorious B.I.G.; memorable and inspirational words that ignite a fire to help you be the best you can be.
Biggie Smalls quotes and lyrics about life
1. “Damn right I like the life I live because I went from negative to positive.” – Biggie Smalls
2. “If you feel like it’s something you don’t have to do, you really have to question it.” – Biggie Smalls
3. “You gotta mature, you know.” – Biggie Smalls
4. “I’m living every day like a hustle.” – Biggie Smalls
5. “My real-life helped me sell a lot of records.” – Biggie Smalls
6. “If you hear something about somebody, don’t be so quick to be like, I don’t like him. Try to find out what’s going on.” – Biggie Smalls
7. “If the game shakes me or breaks me, I hope it makes me a better man.” – Biggie Smalls
8. “What happens on that corner happens on every corner.” – Biggie Smalls
9. “Sticks and stones may break bones, but the Gat will kill you quicker.” – Biggie Smalls
10. “Learn to treat life to the best, put stress to rest.” – Biggie Smalls
11. “I’m a nice guy, but the fear keeps everybody on their toes. People sometimes mistake sweetness for weakness.” – Biggie Smalls
Biggie Smalls quotes and lyrics about death
12. “I wonder if I died, would tears come to her eyes? Forgive me for my disrespect, forgive me for my lies.” – Biggie Smalls
13. “I would never wish death on nobody, ’cause there ain’t no coming back from that.” – Biggie Smalls
14. “I don’t wanna live no more, sometimes I hear death knockin’ at my front door.” – Biggie Smalls
15. “You’re nobody ’til somebody kills you.” – Biggie Smalls
16. “I can’t rhyme about being broke no more, I ain’t broke, I can’t rhyme about hustling in the streets no more cause I don’t hustle no more, you know, so it’s the life after. All that’s over with now, I ain’t hungry no more. Now it’s a new beginning, this the life after the death.” – Biggie Smalls
Biggie Smalls quotes and lyrics about success
18. “Stay far from timid, only make moves when your heart’s in it, and live the phrase ‘sky’s the limit.’” – Biggie Smalls
19. “Excellence is my presence, never tense, never hesitant.” – Biggie Smalls
20. “We aint’ trying to fail in this game. We trying to succeed.” – Biggie Smalls
21. “Keep trying. Persistence and consistency is the best thing. As long as you keeping it real, and you keep trying, keep banging that wall and it will fall.” – Biggie Smalls
22. “I found something I was good at, I’m just trying to flip it, keep it going. I ain’t trying to slack at all.” – Biggie Smalls
23. “Climb the ladder to success escalator style” – Biggie Smalls
24. “And everything you get, ya gotta work hard for it.” – Biggie Smalls
25. “Never let no one know how much dough you hold.” – Biggie Smalls
Which Biggie Smalls quotes were your favorite?
Although Biggie Smalls passed away back in 1997, he is still regarded as one of the best and most influential rappers of all time.
He influenced a generation of artists and left an indelible mark on the world.
However you choose to celebrate and remember Biggie Smalls, we hope his words have inspired you to be the best you can be.
Did you enjoy these Biggie Smalls quotes and lyrics?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Tell us in the comment section below.
August 10, 2022 5:00 AM EST