If you grew up enjoying the experience of being a Girl Scout, you will appreciate these Juliette Gordon Low quotes.
Juliette Gordon Low was a woman inspired by Lord Baden-Powell and his sister Agnes Baden-Powell, founders of the Scout Movement.
She spent time with Agnes and, in 1912, moved back to America and founded the Girl Scouts of the USA.
Juliette Gordon Low was born in Savannah, Georgia, in 1860 and died in Savannah, Georgia, in 1927 at the age of 66.
She married William Mackay Low in 1886, and they spent most of their time between London and Scotland.
After the marriage grew distant and her husband began having affairs, a divorce was planned, but he died before it was finalized.
Read these Juliette Gordon Low quotes to learn more about this caring woman.
The Best Juliette Gordon Low Quotes
Take a look at some of the best Juliette Gordon Low quotes.
1. “I always loved animals.” — Juliette Gordon Low
2. “Right is right, even if no one else does it.” — Juliette Gordon Low
3. “It [Girl Scouts] is where careers are born.” — Juliette Gordon Low
4. “Ours is a circle of friendships united by ideals.” — Juliette Gordon Low
5. “To be inspired is great, but to be an inspiration is an honor.” — Juliette Gordon Low
6. “Girl scouting is not just knowing… but doing… not just doing but being.” — Juliette Gordon Low
7. “Badges are not medals to wear on your sleeve to show what a smart girl you are.” — Juliette Gordon Low
8. “This is the spirit that makes the older Scout into a fine, useful, dependable woman.” — Juliette Gordon Low
9. “I had a series of ear infections and was losing patience with “traditional” medicine.” — Juliette Gordon Low
10. “Scouting rises within you and inspires you to put forth your best.” — Juliette Gordon Low
Juliette Gordon Low Quotes About Her Life and Girl Scouts
These are some Juliette Gordon Low quotes about Girl Scouts and her life.
11. “Or, she is expert in signaling, and the Morse code leads to her becoming-a Telegraph Operator.” — Juliette Gordon Low
12. “Badges mean nothing in themselves, but they mark a certain achievement, and they are a link between the rich and the poor.” — Juliette Gordon Low
13. “I had my favorite watch on most days. The fact that it only had one hand and couldn’t really tell the time never really bothered me.” — Juliette Gordon Low
14. “For instance, a girl tries bandaging. She finds she likes Red Cross work, and she decides to study seriously and become a Hospital Nurse.” — Juliette Gordon Low
15. “Friend to animals. All Girl Scouts take particular care of our dumb friends, the animals, and protect them from stupid neglect or hard usage.” — Juliette Gordon Low
16. “For when one girl sees a badge on a sister Scout’s arm if that girl has won the same badge, it at once awakens an interest and sympathy between them.” — Juliette Gordon Low
17. “I was bored at one of the parties I was attending, and so pulled Kipling away from his friends and took him fishing. He kept complaining that we weren’t dressed for it (we were both in formal attire), but I never saw what difference our clothes made – it wasn’t as if they were the bait we were using!” — Juliette Gordon Low
More Juliette Gordon Low Quotes
Enjoy these Juliette Gordon Low quotes.
18. “I realize that each year it has changed and grown until I know that, a decade from now, what I might say of it would seem like an echo of what has been instead of what is.” — Juliette Gordon Low
19. “To put yourself in another’s place requires real imagination, but by doing so, each Girl Scout will be able to love among others happily.” — Juliette Gordon Low
20. “We must accept the fact that transport and communications will bring the world in close relations and the youth of the world should have standards and ideals in common.” — Juliette Gordon Low
21. “HELPFUL. The simplest way of saying this for the very young Scout is to do a good turn to someone every day: that is, to be a giver and not a taker.” — Juliette Gordon Low
22. “I was constantly coming home with stray dogs, cats, and even horses. Sometimes they weren’t strays, but I felt that their owners were neglecting them.” — Juliette Gordon Low
23. “Once, I showed up at my sister’s with a baby rabbit I had bought from some children because its ears were cold. I put the rabbit on a hot water bottle and massaged its ears for quite a while.” — Juliette Gordon Low
24. “LOYAL. This means that she is true to her country, to the city or village where she is a citizen, to her family, her church, her school, and those for whom she may work or who may work for her.” — Juliette Gordon Low
25. “A badge is a symbol that you have done the thing it stands for often enough, thoroughly enough, and well enough to be prepared to give service in it. You wear the badge to let people know that you are prepared and willing to be called on because you are a Girl Scout.” — Juliette Gordon Low
What is Juliette Gordon Low’s Legacy?
Juliette was a kind and loving woman who helped the less fortunate and contributed to charities from a young age.
She founded the Girl Scouts of the USA and has impacted many young ladies from then on.
A stamp was made to honor Juliette in 1948, and today her home in Savannah is still visited by Girl Scouts.
It is listed as a National Historic Landmark.
Please share these Juliette Gordon Low quotes with your friends and family and post any comments about this amazing woman in the comment section below.