50 Hulk Hogan Quotes About Wrestling, Success, and Fans
May 4, 2021 7:00 AM EST
If you were a Hulkamaniac, you’ll love these Hulk Hogan quotes.
Let us know which one is your favorite in the comments.
Hulk Hogan is a man who knows how to build a brand.
Balding with striking blond hair, a thick handlebar mustache, and never complete without his bandana or a kickass catchphrase, Hulk Hogan is one of the most iconic wrestlers in the world of WWE.
Aside from wrestling, Hogan used his fame and image to build a solid acting career.
He appeared in several films, including, No Holds Barred, Suburban Commando, and Rocky III, and even had his own reality show called, Hogan Knows Best.
Hogan’s love for wrestling and his dedicated admiration for his fans has made him an iconic wrestler that will be known for generations to come.
Don’t forget to also check out these wrestling quotes for fans of the sport.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
Browse our entire collection of inspirational quotes for more motivating ideas and concepts.
Hulk Hogan quotes about wrestling
1. “We’re the greatest athletes in the world without a doubt.” ― Hulk Hogan
2. “It’s amazing that even though I’ve lost everything else, I still have wrestling.” ― Hulk Hogan
3. “When you’re with the NWO, when you’re with Hollywood, you’re just…too…sweet!” ― Hulk Hogan
You will also enjoy our article on Kim Possible quotes.
4. “I’ve been knocked out a few times, but I have no idea how many concussions I’ve ever had.” ― Hulk Hogan
5. “Hopefully I can become the Babe Ruth of the World Wrestling Federation and be the champion at the same time.” ― Hulk Hogan
6. “After watching wrestling for 20 years, I thought I had enough confidence to do it. There were no wrestling schools at the time.” ― Hulk Hogan
7. “If anybody dared say wrestling was fake, you’d punch ’em. And you never used the word show. If you used the word show it was an insult.” ― Hulk Hogan
8. “I feel really good right now. It will really be a tough decision. It’s so hard to give up what you love doing. Hanging up the boots will not be an easy thing to do.” ― Hulk Hogan
9. “In the ring, it’s fun to be the bad guy, but 24 hours a day, when you have to talk to kids, and you see Make-A-Wish kids that love you, the bad guy stuff is not fun. I’d rather be a good guy 24 hours a day than a bad guy just for a few minutes in the ring.” ― Hulk Hogan
10. “You can have a wrestling idea, but you need to have these momentum-shifting moves. We had the Hulkamania movement, then it shifted to the beer-drinking, Stone Cold era, we reinvented the business with growing the black beard and becoming the bad guy, what’s that next level.” ― Hulk Hogan
Other famous Hulk Hogan quotes about wrestling
11. “Hulkamania is running wild, Brother” — Hulk Hogan
12. “Blood is thicker than New Blood Dude!” — Hulk Hogan
13. “Well let me tell you something, brother!” — Hulk Hogan
14. “I fear no man, no beast or evil, brother.” ― Hulk Hogan
15. “When you’re NWO, you’re NWO for life. “ — Hulk Hogan
16. “Everybody’s out there wrestling like a robot.” — Hulk Hogan
17. “Whatcha gonna do when Hulkamania destroys you?” — Hulk Hogan
18. “Negativity and Hulkamania – 2 things that don’t go together.” ― Hulk Hogan
19. “When the giant hits the ground, he feels the wrath of Hulkamania and the whole world shakes at my feet?” — Hulk Hogan
20. “Wrestling needs to be about the art form again. It needs to be about painting a picture and having a really good match.” — Hulk Hogan
21. “I promised each and every Hulkamaniac when I went to that great battlefield in the sky I would bring the WWF title with me.” — Hulk Hogan
22. “I quit doing the movies because the wrestling was going so good and was so on fire during the ’80s and ’90s, but I was getting all these movie scripts.” — Hulk Hogan
23. “If I do hit that rope and do a hop, skip and a jump and get up as high as I can, I’m just going to hold my breath, because I know I’m going to hear all kinds of scar tissue popping.” – Hulk Hogan
24. “The leg drop was a move that nobody really used, and nobody ever hit the ropes and jumped up really high, so I tried it out in Japan and the people loved it. That’s how I came up with it.” — Hulk Hogan
25. “I train all the time and the weird thing is I’m in the gym with people between 20 and 25 years old and I look in the mirror and I look better than they do and they are young kids – either they haven’t trained hard enough or they aren’t serious enough.” ― Hulk Hogan
Hulk Hogan quotes about his love for his fans
26. “I’ve always felt from everyone I talk to that the fans feel like I’m tangible and they can talk to me and they know me.” ― Hulk Hogan
27. “I’ve always felt from everyone I talk to that the fans feel like I’m tangible and they can talk to me and they know me.” — Hulk Hogan
28. “I love to give the fans what they want. They’re what I miss most when I’m not wrestling. That time in the ring is like being in heaven for me.” ― Hulk Hogan
29. “I know what happens every time I get in front of a UK crowd – they just go nuts and they are so nice and excited and crazy and they won’t sit down.” ― Hulk Hogan
30. “I’ve been around so long and no matter if I’ve done good things or bad things, or my personal life has been good or bad, the fans have always stuck with me.” ― Hulk Hogan
31. “I hate to toot my own horn but I just feel that I know people and I know fans and I don’t feel there is that Angelina Jolie/Brad Pitt barrier with me. I’ve always felt from everyone I talk to that the fans feel like I’m tangible and they can talk to me and they know me.” ― Hulk Hogan
32. “The only time I’m not Hulk Hogan is when I’m behind closed doors because as soon as I walk out the front door, and somebody says hello to me, I can’t just say ‘hello’ like Terry. When they see me, they see the blond hair, the mustache, and the bald head, they instantly think Hulk Hogan.” ― Hulk Hogan
33. “The fans know what’s happened to me over the past couple of years. I lost my family. I pretty much got devastated financially and the fans know that I’ve had some hard times – and that’s the nature of loyal fans. They want to see the people that they love and believe in get back on their feet.” ― Hulk Hogan
34. “There’s a lot of gimmick infringement out there, but that’s cool. It’s a compliment. But it all started right when I first came into the Garden. I came down to ‘Eye of the Tiger’ and when I hit the ring with the Sheik, I just put my hand up to my ear by accident, and the crowd got louder. I was like ‘Oh, that works.’” ― Hulk Hogan
Hulk Hogan quotes on success
35. “I’m the man that made wrestling famous.” ― Hulk Hogan
36. “When you start out in the wrestling business, you make a lot of mistakes, tripping over your own feet and looking like a fool.” ― Hulk Hogan
37. “I used to be a session musician before I was a wrestler. I played bass guitar. I was big pals with Lars Ulrich and he asked me if I wanted to play bass with Metallica in their early days but it didn’t work out.” ― Hulk Hogan
38. “I’d like to be the John Wayne of the ’90s. Not in terms of being the macho guy, but as a solid male leading character. Making an action-adventure comedy that kids can see with their families is a natural extension of what I did in wrestling.” ― Hulk Hogan
39. “The coolest thing, and I have it at home, is a huge Hulk Hogan, normal-sized pinball machine. When people come over they play it for hours. When you hit the bumpers and the bells ring it goes, ‘Oh yeah!’ The whole time you’re playing this machine it’s yelling and screaming at you, ‘What you gonna do, brother?!’ I think that’s the coolest.” ― Hulk Hogan
More Hulk Hogan quotes
40. “Nobody told me how to talk or think.” — Hulk Hogan
41. “I’m real good with math, with numbers, like my dad was. I’m pretty much dialed in.” ― Hulk Hogan
42. “I woke up and realized life is great and people are awesome and life is worth living.” ― Hulk Hogan
43. “If I have a problem with someone I talk about them. I don’t pick on their kids.” ― Hulk Hogan
44. “To all my little Hulkamaniacs, say your prayers, take your vitamins and you will never go wrong.” ― Hulk Hogan
45. “Be a father first. Don’t put a priority of being a friend with your wife first, or a friend with your kids first.” ― Hulk Hogan
46. “As far as my divorce goes, I love my family and I love my wife to death and I just don’t know what tomorrow’s going to bring.” ― Hulk Hogan
47. “God created the Heavens, he created the earth! He created all the Hulkamaniacs! Then, he created a set of 24-inch pythons, brother!” — Hulk Hogan
48. “I’m real critical of myself and if I take the bandana off my head I’m completely bald-headed and go from being 58 to looking 68 instantly.” — Hulk Hogan
49. “People always expect Hulk Hogan to be standing up straight, or to have the bandanna on, or to not have my arms covered up. If I have an extra-large shirt on people go ‘oh yeah you look small.’ It kind of ruins the mystique.” ― Hulk Hogan
50. “It’s tough because a lot of my friends in normal life, a lot of my friends in the entertainment business, and a lot of my friends in the wrestling business are gay. Just to say something spiteful and hurtful, I don’t get it… if it was true and I was gay, I’d embrace it, and I’d tell you guys about it and I’d celebrate it.” ― Hulk Hogan
What’s your favorite Hulk Hogan catchphrase?
Hulk Hogan, real name, Terry Bollea, earned his stage name over the course of his career.
He began wrestling in 1977 under the persona of “The Super Destroyer.”
A short while after that he began wrestling in a tag team with Ed Leslie under the name, “The Boulder Brothers.”
His name would evolve to Terry “The Hulk” Boulder after appearing next to Lou Ferringo who starred in the television series, The Incredible Hulk.
When it was noticed that Hogan was much taller and more muscular than Ferringo, Hogan took on his name.
Finally, in 1980, Hogan would complete what would become his iconic name when he signed for WWF (now WWE).
Vincent J. McMahon, owner of the company, wanted Hogan to have an Irish name, and thus Terry became Hulk Hogan.
What are your favorite Hulk Hogan quotes and sayings?
Let us know in the comments below.