If 2020 wasn’t weird enough for you, Netflix introduced a series to top it all. Here are some Tiger King quotes to give you a taste.
In the spring of 2020, Netflix released the mini-series Tiger King. The series is kind of like an onion. The more layers you peel back, the more there are.
Not only that, it just gets odder and odder as it goes. It follows the stories of big cat conservationists and animal collectors.
The stories wrap around drugs, prison, and murder accusations. It’s not just about the animals, or hardly at all, as you’ll see from these Tiger King quotes.
Tiger King Quotes by Joe Exotic
1. “Does it feel good to stand on my stage with 500-pound tigers and everybody envy you? Absolutely.” – Joe Exotic
2. “I’d shoot you before I shoot my cat.” – Joe Exotic
3. “If somebody thinks they’re gonna come in here and take my animals away, it’s gonna be a small Waco.” – Joe Exotic
4. “I’ve been on the cover of Hollywood Magazine twice.” – Joe Exotic
5. “I saw a tiger, and the tiger saw a man.” – Joe Exotic
6. “She’ll never get a million dollars out of me. I don’t own anything.” – Joe Exotic
7. “Before you bring me down, it is my belief that you will stop breathing.” – Joe Exotic
8. “That lady profits over $1.5m, suckin’ on your heartstrings about shit on the internet that ain’t even true.” – Joe Exotic
9. “There is a very emotional connection between me and these cats. Extreme.” – Joe Exotic
10. “Ladies and gentlemen, before you hear it on the news I’m gonna tell you myself. Just about an hour ago we had an incident where one of the employees stuck their arm through the cage and the tiger tore his arm off… I can give you your money back or I can give you a rain check…” – Joe Exotic
11. “I can assure you’re going to get closer to tigers and lions here than you would anywhere in the world. Matter of fact, you’re gonna get so close I can almost promise you some of you will be urinated on.” – Joe Exotic
12. “This is the thing you don’t want when you have tigers, folks. It’s a real-life tornado, and there ain’t nothin’ you can do besides protecting yourself.” – Joe Exotic
13. “I am never gonna financially recover from this.” – Joe Exotic
14. “We say no to drugs because drugs make your teeth fall out and you get really ugly and don’t have any friends.” – Joe Exotic
15. “This is my little town. I’m the mayor, the prosecutor, the cop, and the executioner.” – Joe Exotic
16. “I went to work every day prepared to die in a tiger cage. Dying doesn’t scare me. At all.” – Joe Exotic
Tiger King Quotes by Carole Baskin
17. “You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off, just like that, and it’s amazing to have that range.” – Carole Baskin
18. “Hey, all you cool cats and kittens.” – Carole Baskin
19. “I deal with my stress the same way cats do.” – Carole Baskin
20. “I live, eat, and breathe ending the captivity of wild cats.” – Carole Baskin
21. “My email says, ‘Judge me by the enemies I have made.’ So I really appreciate the fact that none of these people like me.” – Carole Baskin
22. “We’re going to have to change the laws if we’re going to solve this problem.” – Carole Baskin
23. “We’ve had whistleblowers come up to us and say they’ve heard a gunshot in the middle of the night and the next day there’s no cat. But they don’t know where the cat went. And I think these people are smart enough to only use their very closest circle of people that they’ve got good dirt on that they would use to dispose of a body because it takes a few people to lift a big cat. . . unless you part it out right there.” – Carole Baskin
24. “One day I went out to open up the mailbox and it just exploded with snakes.” – Carole Baskin
25. “I posted online 28 different places that are all part of this whole, what I call ‘the bad guy network,’ of people that are breeding cubs and selling cubs.” – Carole Baskin
26. “I don’t watch news on television, unless there’s a cat involved.” – Carole Baskin
27. “And those cubs are only cute and manageable until they’re about twelve weeks old. By the time they’re about thirteen weeks old the people who are using them for these photo booths find that it costs $10,000 a year to take care of them, so they give them away. They sell them.” – Carole Baskin
More Tiger King Quotes by Joe Exotic
28. “Carole Baskin’s third husband, they can’t find his body. We believe she fed him to the tigers.” – Joe Exotic
29. “This is what I do right here, drive around and listen to myself singing.” – Joe Exotic
30. “I’m outspoken, good looking, love to party and have fun.” – Joe Exotic
31. “It’s just two complete opposite, different worlds. You know, he’s a little more upscale, and I’m working with people that just got out of prison.” – Joe Exotic
32. “Make America exotic again.” – Joe Exotic
33. “Me and Carole made money off each other. We became popular off of each other because I was her number one most wanted cub abuser that she could make money off of, and she was my number one murdered-her-husband-and-fed-him-to-the-tigers-and… crazy bitch out there that I could make music videos and shit about.” – Joe Exotic
34. “The cats were my responsibility, no matter who owns the zoo.” – Joe Exotic
35. “So the whole world’s wondering, did you actually grind your husband up and feed him to the tigers so there’s no evidence? I’m gonna show you some stuff that will put that right in your head.” – Joe Exotic
36. “Your whole audience will say, ‘Oh my God, that guy has a mullet!'” – Joe Exotic
37. “Are the animals happy? Who knows.” – Joe Exotic
38. “I’m in a cage. You know why animals die in cages? Their soul dies.” – Joe Exotic
39. “I use my music as an escape from reality.” – Joe Exotic
40. “Hey, I’m Joe Exotic, otherwise known as the Tiger King. The gay, gun-carrying, redneck with a mullet.” – Joe Exotic
41. “You know, people only care about saving what effects them.” – Joe Exotic
Other Tiger King Quotes
42. “What is a snow leopard doing in the back of this guy’s hot van?” —Rick Kirkham
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of snow quotes that celebrate the winter season.
43. “Number one, they’re an endangered species. Duh. What’s the first thing you should do to protect an endangered species? Make more.” – Tim Stark
44. “They want the lion’s share but they don’t want to share the lions.” – Dr. Bhagavan Antle
45. “I’m sure y’all got a story to tell.” – John Reinke
46. “We take Lauren in next Tuesday to be induced to give birth to Sarah Evelyn Lowe and then we get Lauren back in the gym.” – Jeff Lowe
47. “The surgeon came in and said, ‘Hey Saff, it’s gonna be, you know, about two years of reconstructive surgery or you can amputate it.’ And I said, ‘Amputate it.’” – Kelci Saffery
48. “Me and Joe made a pact. If anything went wrong, we were gonna shoot each other. And then that day, I put our names on our bullets right here.” – John Reinke
49. “I’ve done a lot of shit in my life, but I never experienced anything like Joe Exotic.” – Rick Kirkman
50. “Most of us are not ruthless. People who love animals are rarely ruthless.” – Dr. Bhagavan Antle
Which of these Tiger King quotes is your favorite?
It may seem unreal that America was swept away and so wrapped up in this absurd story. But Tiger King was released at the end of March, which was the perfect time as many people were at home under lockdown.
With schools, work locations, and just about everything else closed down, people found connection through this show. They used it to pass their time and then laughed and theorized about it together online.
If you missed out on the craze, these Tiger King quotes give you a slight glimpse of what it was all about. They might make you glad you didn’t watch or they might make you curious to watch now to see all that you missed.
Did you enjoy these Tiger King quotes and lines? Which of the quotes is your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below.
December 29, 2020 7:00 AM EST