Floyd Mayweather Quotes from The Best Ever
November 19, 2020 7:00 AM EST
Learn about the life and success of The Best Ever with these Floyd Mayweather quotes.
When you earn a nickname like “The Best Ever” it shows that you must be pretty good at what you do.
That would be an understatement for Floyd Mayweather.
He has a long list of titles, awards, and medals and was even named “Fighter of the Decade” at one point.
Floyd Mayweather says that he has fighting in his genes.
His dad was a successful boxer as well as two of his uncles.
He grew up in an unstable home environment as a child which eventually led him to drop out of school and pursue a career as a professional boxer.
Don’t forget to also check out these boxing quotes to motivate you towards victory.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our inspirational quotes category page for more inspirational life quotes.
Motivational Floyd Mayweather quotes
1. “If you work good, you’re gonna get paid very well for it. Simple as that, that’s how life goes. If you work hard, you’re gonna get good results. If you talk baloney, you’re gonna be at the bottom with a bunch of people that’s at the bottom.” – Floyd Mayweather
2. “Everybody is blessed with a certain talent, you have to know what that talent is, you have to maximize it and push it to the limit.” – Floyd Mayweather
3. “Showing is better than telling.” – Floyd Mayweather
4. “I believe in my skills, I believe in my talent. If no one believes in Floyd Mayweather, I believe in me.” – Floyd Mayweather
5. “Tough times do not last, tough people do.” – Floyd Mayweather
6. “Everything people say I couldn’t do, I’ve done.” – Floyd Mayweather
7. “Never cry. Never complain. Just work.” – Floyd Mayweather
8. “Any true champion can bounce back. That’s being a champion- being able to deal with adversity and being able to bounce back.” – Floyd Mayweather
9. “You have good days and you have bad days, but the main thing is to grow mentally.” – Floyd Mayweather
10. “To be the best, you have to work overtime.” – Floyd Mayweather
You will also enjoy our article on Pink Floyd quotes.
Floyd Mayweather quotes about his job
11. “No athlete works harder than Floyd Mayweather. Nobody is faster than Floyd Mayweather.” – Floyd Mayweather
12. “Fame is cool, but I believe in success.” – Floyd Mayweather
13. “I don’t feel that no fighter has the mental or physical agility to match Floyd Mayweather.” – Floyd Mayweather
14. “I don’t have to run from none of these fighters. If I want to keep my defense tight and break em’ down I can.” – Floyd Mayweather
15. “It’s the hurt business, it’s boxing. We’re there to get it in.” – Floyd Mayweather
16. “Shit happens in the sport of boxing. You wanted to see a KO, that’s what I gave you.” – Floyd Mayweather
17. “There are all these athletes out there cheating. I am clean and pure.” – Floyd Mayweather
18. “Once I beat a guy, mentally and physically, he’s never the same.” – Floyd Mayweather
19. “I don’t fight for bragging rights. I’ve proved myself.” – Floyd Mayweather
20. “I don’t fold under pressure, great athletes perform better under pressure, so put pressure on me.” – Floyd Mayweather
Floyd Mayweather quotes that can apply to life
21. “When it’s all said & done only God can judge me. I’m going to go out there on 5/5 to give my fans what they want to see.” – Floyd Mayweather
22. “A true champion will fight through anything.” – Floyd Mayweather
23. “You have to protect yourself at all times. What goes around comes around.” – Floyd Mayweather
24. “Things happen for a reason, and the only thing you can do is at night time get on your knees and ask God for forgiveness for anything that you did that you didn’t feel was right.” – Floyd Mayweather
25. “I come from a very rough background, and I’m saying that if you work hard and dedicate yourself that you can make it, too.” – Floyd Mayweather
26. “Boxing is real easy. Life is much harder.” – Floyd Mayweather
27. “Self-preservation is an important thing to me.” – Floyd Mayweather
28. “There comes a time when money doesn’t matter.” – Floyd Mayweather
29. “You hear certain things, negative things, all the time that aren’t true, but you never hear about the positive.” – Floyd Mayweather
30. “My whole outlook on life is, never judge a book by its cover.” – Floyd Mayweather
Floyd Mayweather quotes about his family
31. “My dad was in a hospital for months. The doctors told my dad he would never be able to walk again. My dad beat all the odds. He came back and was able to walk and start boxing again. He went to No. 1 in the world at welterweight to fight for the world title. But he never had his chance to fight for a world title.” – Floyd Mayweather
32. “When I was in the ring at the Olympics, it was my father’s words that I was hearing, not the coaches’. ‘I never listened to what the coaches said. I would call my father and he would give me advice from prison.” – Floyd Mayweather
33. “I like to play table tennis, spend time with my kids.” – Floyd Mayweather
34. “My kids are the future of the Mayweather family and of the Mayweather brand. I feel our family is stronger if we stay together.” – Floyd Mayweather
35. “Boxing’s in my genes. I come from a fighting background. My dad and both my uncles were good boxers. I’m blessed with the art of war.” – Floyd Mayweather
36. “I’m always going to love my father.” – Floyd Mayweather
37. “I’ll back up anything my dad says.” – Floyd Mayweather
38. “I think my grandmother saw my potential first. When I was young, I told her, ‘I think I should get a job.’ She said, ‘No, just keep boxing.’” – Floyd Mayweather
39. “When I was about 8 or 9, I lived in New Jersey with my mother and we were seven deep in one bedroom and sometimes we didn’t have electricity.” – Floyd Mayweather
40. “I needed my father tonight. My defense was on point, and he told me to stick with my defense, and that the less you get hit, the longer you last.” – Floyd Mayweather
More Floyd Mayweather quotes
41. “I’m a man of my word.” – Floyd Mayweather
42. “If you fight angry, you make a lot of mistakes, and when you fight a sharp, witty fighter like me, you can’t make mistakes.” – Floyd Mayweather
43. “I’m a boxer who believes that the object of the sport is to hit and not get hit.” – Floyd Mayweather
44. “I’m looking to expand my portfolio while I’m on top and while I’m young.” – Floyd Mayweather
45. “In the end, you have to protect yourself at all times.” – Floyd Mayweather
46. “I can get a black eye, a bloody nose. I can have a bad day in the gym. At the end of the day, I don’t have a bad payday, and I don’t have a bad night under the lights… I get bumps, bruises… but I don’t have a bad night.” – Floyd Mayweather
47. “I like to control my own personal life.” – Floyd Mayweather
48. “All the money I have, I got it legally.” – Floyd Mayweather
49. “I’ve set the model of showing fighters how they should conduct their business.” – Floyd Mayweather
50. “Nobody is faster than me.” – Floyd Mayweather
Which of these Floyd Mayweather quotes is your favorite?
It’s easy to look at the success that Mayweather had in boxing and think that life must be nothing but roses.
However, along with his long list of accomplishments is a list of negative press around things like being arrested multiple times.
However, while you might not want to model your life after his in every area, it’s undeniable that he’s a skilled boxer and a hard worker that knows how to succeed and produce results.
Whether you want to succeed at boxing or in another area of life, you may find motivation from his words above.
Pick and choose what speaks to you.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Floyd Mayweather quotes and sayings?
Which other celebrity should we feature on Everyday Power?
Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.