These Katharine Hepburn inspirational quotes on love, life, and movies will empower you.
Katharine Hepburn has a legacy as one of the greatest Old Hollywood actresses of all time.
She is beloved by such a large fanbase due to her spirited performances and ability to act in a range of film genres, including comedy and drama, for over 60 years.
As a four-time Oscar winner, there’s no denying her talent.
What are your favorite Katharine Hepburn movies?
Her charismatic and strong-willed personality stood out in every performance.
This collection of Katharine Hepburn quotes on love and life highlight her enthusiasm and will inspire you to also follow your dreams.
When you listen to your heart and stay true to your values, you are on the path to success.
Don’t forget to also check out these Audrey Hepburn quotes that are as lovely as her.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you want more motivational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Katharine Hepburn quotes that will encourage you to find happiness.
1. “Life is hard. After all, it kills you.” ― Katharine Hepburn
2. “If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun.” ― Katharine Hepburn
3. “I never lose sight of the fact that just being is fun.” ― Katharine Hepburn
4. “Good girls go to heaven. Bad girls go everywhere.” ― Katharine Hepburn
5. “If you always do what interests you, at least one person is pleased.” ― Katharine Hepburn
6. “Marriage is a series of desperate arguments people feel passionately about.” ― Katharine Hepburn
7. “Sometimes I wonder if men and women really suit each other. Perhaps they should live next door and just visit now and then.” ― Katharine Hepburn
8. “Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get – only with what you are expecting to give – which is everything.” ― Katharine Hepburn
9. “Life is to be lived. If you have to support yourself, you had bloody well better find some way that is going to be interesting. And you don’t do that by sitting around.” ― Katharine Hepburn
10. “We are taught you must blame your father, your sisters, your brothers, the school, the teachers – but never blame yourself. It’s never your fault. But it’s always your fault because if you wanted to change you’re the one who has got to change.” ― Katharine Hepburn
Katharine Hepburn quotes to inspire and motivate
11. “Enemies are so stimulating.” ― Katharine Hepburn
12. “Never complain. Never explain.” ― Katharine Hepburn
13. “Without discipline, there’s no life at all.” ― Katharine Hepburn
14. “You can’t change the music of your soul.” ― Katharine Hepburn
15. “Death will be a great relief. No more interviews.” ― Katharine Hepburn
16. “Plain women know more about men than beautiful women do.” ― Katharine Hepburn
17. “If you want to sacrifice the admiration of many men for the criticism of one, go ahead, get married.” ― Katharine Hepburn
18. “To keep your character intact you cannot stoop to filthy acts. It makes it easier to stoop the next time.” ― Katharine Hepburn
19. “Acting is a nice childish profession – pretending you’re someone else and, at the same time, selling yourself.” ― Katharine Hepburn
20. “Being a housewife and a mother is the biggest job in the world, but if it doesn’t interest you, don’t do it – I would have made a terrible mother.” ― Katharine Hepburn
Katharine Hepburn quotes that will brighten your day
21. “Acting is the perfect idiot’s profession.” ― Katharine Hepburn
22. “It’s a rather rude gesture, but at least it’s clear what you mean.” ― Katharine Hepburn
23. “I never realized until lately that women were supposed to be the inferior sex.” ― Katharine Hepburn
24. “It would be a terrific innovation if you could get your mind to stretch a little further than the next wisecrack.” ― Katharine Hepburn
25. “I have many regrets, and I’m sure everyone does. The stupid things you do, you regret… if you have any sense, and if you don’t regret them, maybe you’re stupid.” ― Katharine Hepburn
What are your favorite Katharine Hepburn quotes on marriage and love?
When we think about the relationships in our life, there are so many things to be grateful for.
Hopefully, this collection of inspirational quotes made you feel like you’re falling in love all over again.
Whether you feel love for your friends, family, a significant other, or for yourself, you’ll enjoy these Katharine Hepburn quotes on marriage and happiness.
Katharine Hepburn was an iconic movie star who appeared in films for over 60 years.
With so many Katharine Hepburn roles to choose from, it’s hard to pick a favorite.
Her words are great reminders of her magnetic personality and intriguing perspective on life.
Share these quotes with your loved ones to inspire them today.
What are your favorite Katharine Hepburn quotes and stories of her life?
Let us know in the comment section below.
August 10, 2022 5:00 AM EST