These Katharine Hepburn inspirational quotes on love, life, and movies will empower you.
Katharine Hepburn has a legacy as one of the greatest Old Hollywood actresses of all time. She is beloved by such a large fanbase due to her spirited performances and ability to act in a range of film genres, including comedy and drama, for over 60 years. As a four-time Oscar winner, there’s no denying her talent.
What are your favorite Katharine Hepburn movies?
Her charismatic and strong-willed personality stood out in every performance. This collection of Katharine Hepburn quotes on love and life highlight her enthusiasm and will inspire you to also follow your dreams. When you listen to your heart and stay true to your values, you are on the path to success.
Don’t forget to also check out these Audrey Hepburn quotes that are as lovely as her.
Katharine Hepburn quotes that will encourage you to find happiness.
1. “If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun.” – Katharine Hepburn
2. “Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get – only with what you are expecting to give – which is everything.” – Katharine Hepburn
3. “I never lose sight of the fact that just being is fun.” – Katharine Hepburn
4. “Marriage is a series of desperate arguments people feel passionately about.” – Katharine Hepburn
5. “Life is hard. After all, it kills you.” – Katharine Hepburn
6. “We are taught you must blame your father, your sisters, your brothers, the school, the teachers – but never blame yourself. It’s never your fault. But it’s always your fault because if you wanted to change you’re the one who has got to change.” – Katharine Hepburn
7. “If you always do what interests you, at least one person is pleased.” – Katharine Hepburn
8. “Good girls go to heaven. Bad girls go everywhere.” – Katharine Hepburn
9. “Life is to be lived. If you have to support yourself, you had bloody well better find some way that is going to be interesting. And you don’t do that by sitting around.” – Katharine Hepburn
10. “Sometimes I wonder if men and women really suit each other. Perhaps they should live next door and just visit now and then.” – Katharine Hepburn
Katharine Hepburn quotes to inspire and motivate
11. “Without discipline, there’s no life at all.” – Katharine Hepburn
12. “You can’t change the music of your soul.” – Katharine Hepburn
13. “Death will be a great relief. No more interviews.” – Katharine Hepburn
14. “Being a housewife and a mother is the biggest job in the world, but if it doesn’t interest you, don’t do it – I would have made a terrible mother.” – Katharine Hepburn
15. “Never complain. Never explain.” – Katharine Hepburn
16. “If you want to sacrifice the admiration of many men for the criticism of one, go ahead, get married.” – Katharine Hepburn
17. “Plain women know more about men than beautiful women do.” – Katharine Hepburn
18. “To keep your character intact you cannot stoop to filthy acts. It makes it easier to stoop the next time.” – Katharine Hepburn
19. “Enemies are so stimulating.” – Katharine Hepburn
20. “Acting is a nice childish profession – pretending you’re someone else and, at the same time, selling yourself.” – Katharine Hepburn
Katharine Hepburn quotes that will brighten your day
21. “I never realized until lately that women were supposed to be the inferior sex.” – Katharine Hepburn
22. “I have many regrets, and I’m sure everyone does. The stupid things you do, you regret… if you have any sense, and if you don’t regret them, maybe you’re stupid.” – Katharine Hepburn
23. “Acting is the perfect idiot’s profession.” – Katharine Hepburn
24. “It’s a rather rude gesture, but at least it’s clear what you mean.” – Katharine Hepburn
25. “It would be a terrific innovation if you could get your mind to stretch a little further than the next wisecrack.” – Katharine Hepburn
26. “Trying to be fascinating is an asinine position to be in.” – Katharine Hepburn
27. “My greatest strength is common sense. I’m really a standard brand – like Campbell’s tomato soup or Baker’s chocolate.” – Katharine Hepburn
28. “The average Hollywood film star’s ambition is to be admired by an American, courted by an Italian, married to an Englishman, and have a French boyfriend.” – Katharine Hepburn
29. “I’m an atheist, and that’s it. I believe there’s nothing we can know except that we should be kind to each other and do what we can for people.” – Katharine Hepburn
30. “To be loved is very demoralizing.” – Katharine Hepburn
Katharine Hepburn quotes
31. “Acting is the most minor of gifts. After all, Shirley Temple could do it when she was four.” – Katharine Hepburn
32. “Its life isn’t it? You plow ahead and make a hit. And you plow on and someone passes you. Then someone passes them. Time levels.” – Katharine Hepburn
33. “It’s a business you go into because you’re an egocentric. It’s a very embarrassing profession.” – Katharine Hepburn
34. “What you see before you, my friend is the result of a lifetime of chocolate.” – Katharine Hepburn
35. “Dressing up is a bore. At a certain age, you decorate yourself to attract the opposite sex, and at a certain age, I did that. But I’m past that age.” – Katharine Hepburn
36. “As for me, prizes are nothing. My prize is my work.” – Katharine Hepburn
37. “I don’t care what is written about me as long as it isn’t true.” – Katharine Hepburn
38. “When I started out, I didn’t have any desire to be an actress or to learn how to act. I just wanted to be famous.” – Katharine Hepburn
39. “If you need a helping hand, you can find one at the end of your arm.” – Katharine Hepburn
40. “Only the really plain people know about love – the very fascinating ones try so hard to create an impression that they soon exhaust their talents.” – Katharine Hepburn
More Katharine Hepburn quotes
41. “What in the world would we do without our libraries?” – Katharine Hepburn
42. “I think most of the people involved in any art always secretly wonder whether they are really there because they’re good or there because they’re lucky.” – Katharine Hepburn
43. “Everyone thought I was bold and fearless and even arrogant, but inside I was always quaking.” – Katharine Hepburn
44. “I have not lived as a woman. I have lived as a man. I’ve just done what I damn well wanted to, and I’ve made enough money to support myself, and ain’t afraid of being alone.” – Katharine Hepburn
45. “I could peel you like a pear and God himself would see the justice in it.” – Katharine Hepburn
46. “Children need boundaries, so they can know how far they have to go to get beyond them.” – Katharine Hepburn
47. “If you want to change attitudes, start with a change in behavior.” – Katharine Hepburn
48. “Life can be wildly tragic at times, and I’ve had my share. But whatever happens to you, you have to keep a slightly comic attitude. In the final analysis, you have got not to forget to laugh.” – Katharine Hepburn
49. “I have loved and been in love. There’s a big difference.” – Katharine Hepburn
50. “Wouldn’t it be great if people could get to live suddenly as often as they die suddenly?” – Katharine Hepburn
What are your favorite Katharine Hepburn quotes on marriage and love?
When we think about the relationships in our life, there are so many things to be grateful for. Hopefully, this collection of inspirational quotes made you feel like you’re falling in love all over again. Whether you feel love for your friends, family, a significant other, or for yourself, you’ll enjoy these Katharine Hepburn quotes on marriage and happiness.
Katharine Hepburn was an iconic movie star who appeared in films for over 60 years. With so many Katharine Hepburn roles to choose from, it’s hard to pick a favorite. Her words are great reminders of her magnetic personality and intriguing perspective on life. Share these quotes with your loved ones to inspire them today.
What are your favorite Katharine Hepburn quotes and stories of her life? Let us know in the comment section below.
April 14, 2021 7:00 AM EST