If you are searching for the best entitled quotes, don’t look further than this article.
Here, we have curated a list of the most popular entitled quotes.
These quotes are relevant and authentic, making them the most suitable options for sharing via social media platforms.
In addition to the quotes, we have also talked about the term “Entitled” along with different aspects associated with this term.
So, this article is going to offer you a lot of interesting information.
If interested, please continue reading!
You may also enjoy these related articles:
What is Meant by the Term “Entitled”?
The word entitled means having the right to own or use something.
It also refers to giving a specific designation or title to a particular person.
Therefore, in simple words, a person is said to be entitled if he has earned a specific status or is a deserving candidate for a status.
For instance, a person could enjoy certain benefits through his/her distinctive status, such as citizenship or job.
The Effects of Being Entitled
There are different impacts of entitlement.
A few of these are discussed below.
- People entitled to higher jobs or rights are usually self-centered and demanding, which proves detrimental to their relationships.
- After being entitled, a person could feel less motivated, as he thinks that the best has been achieved and there are no more goals left.
- Entitled people could show less empathy as they are more concerned about their own desires and necessities.
Ways to Overcome the Negative Effects of Entitlement
If you are looking forward to overcoming the negative impacts of entitlement, here are some tips to consider:
- It is possible to introduce positivity in one’s life by practicing gratitude and appreciating other individuals.
- Adopting a growth mindset could help you understand that success comes after hard work rather than mere entitlement.
- You should also consider practicing empathy and trying to feel the hardships of others who are less fortunate.
Different Forms of Entitlement
Entitlement can be of different types.
As an example, here are the most prominent ones.
Economic Entitlement: It involves getting material goods without striving for them.
Psychological Entitlement: This type of entitlement gives you a feeling that you deserve additional respect and special treatment.
Social Entitlement: If you are entitled to such an entitlement, you could demand a particular recognition or social status.
Top 10 Entitled Quotes
Here are the top entitled quotes by famous people around the globe.
1. “You can’t be grateful for something you feel entitled to.” — Steven Furtick
2. “I didn’t feel entitled to become a star. I didn’t expect it.” — Bryan Cranston
3. “Children, I feel, are as much entitled to privacy as human beings.” — Barbara Mertz
4. “Don’t feel entitled to anything you didn’t sweat and struggle for.” — Marian Wright Edelman
5. “You have no right to feel entitled. You are not entitled to anything.” — Caroline Myss
6. “People like to feel entitled, whether they’re actually entitled or not.” — Kurt Vonnegut
7. “We should feel grateful instead of entitled. We have a moral obligation to give back.” — Bill Courtney
8. “I am an American citizen and feel I am entitled to the same rights as any other citizen.” — Nat King Cole
9. “If you have a body, you are entitled to the full range of feelings. It comes with the package.” — Anne Lamott
10. “I have a theory that self-made, first-generation actresses don’t feel entitled to success.” — Natasha Lyonne
Take a moment and check out these Luxury Quotes!
Self Entitled Quotes
Following are entitled quotes about being self-entitled that will motivate you as well.
11. “Act as young as you feel. You’re not getting older; you’re getting more entitled to be your fabulous self.” — Gwen Stefani
12. “I feel that I am entitled to trample all other considerations into the dirt in my pursuit of a satisfying pun.” — Neal Stephenson
13. “I feel that I am entitled to my share of lightheartedness, and there is nothing wrong with enjoying one’s self simply, like a boy.” — Leo Tolstoy
14. “A big part of being an actress specifically is feeling entitled to your artistic opinion, feeling that it means something, and being able to stand by it.” — Maggie Gyllenhaal
15. “I never want to lose my Canadian-ness…and when I say Canadian-ness, I mean down-to-earth. I like being able not to take myself seriously and not to feel entitled.” — Cobie Smulders
More Self-Entitlement Quotes
Here are a few more quotes on being self-entitled.
16. “At the time of ‘Words, Words, Words,’ I’m a 19-year-old getting up feeling like he’s entitled to do comedy and tell you what he thinks of the world, so that’s inherently a little bit ridiculous.” — Bo Burnham
17. “One’s knowledge and experience are definitely limited, and there are seldom more than two or three enterprises at any given time in which I personally feel entitled to put full confidence.” — John Maynard Keynes
18. “Whereas our ancestors (not of choice) were the first successful cultivators of the wilds of America, we their descendants feel entitled to participate in the blessings of her luxuriant soil.” — Richard Allen
19. “Not since the days of slavery have there been so many people who feel entitled to what other people have produced as there are in the modern welfare state, whether in Western Europe or on this side of the Atlantic.” — Thomas Sowell
20. “I don’t want to let my guard down and feel too comfortable. If you become complacent, you start feeling entitled. I’m ready to go dig ditches if I have to. Whatever I gotta do to provide for my family. Whatever I gotta do to make sure that I do the best possible job at whatever wonderful opportunities I’ve been handed.” — Mark Wahlberg
Entitled Quotes On Social
Some entitled quotes about being socially entitled are as follows that will help you in your social life.
21. “The public pays and feels it is entitled to participate in the personal affairs of a performer. ” — Hedy Lamarr
22. “Detachment produces a peculiar state of mind. Maybe that’s the worst sentence of all, to be deprived of feeling what a human being ought to be entitled to feel.” — James Dickey
23. “I believe our society has fallen into a pyramid system where there’s people relegated to the bottom of that pyramid, and there’s people that feel like they’re entitled to the top of that pyramid.” — Ice Cube
24. “The school made it very clear that women were entitled to positions of authority. That sense of entitlement allowed us to feel that we have a natural place in leadership in the world. That gave me mental and emotional confidence.” — Linda Vester
25. “… As long as you continue to tar social democracy with all the crimes of communism, I feel equally entitled to tar the free market with the crimes of slavery, segregation, colonialism, and genocide; piss me off, and I’ll add fascism and the Nazis.” — Greg Erwin
More Entitled Quotes On Society
Learn more about entitlement in society.
26. “I want to get away from the social vampires in Tucson. The people who have no lives of their own meet me and know who I am and feel entitled to say negative things. I have good friends here, especially in the bands. But a lot of it is just like high school.” — Neko Case
27. “The belief that we can rely on shortcuts to happiness, joy, rapture, comfort, and ecstasy, rather than be entitled to these feelings by the exercise of personal strengths and virtues, leads to legions of people who, in the middle of great wealth, are starving spiritually.” — Martin Seligman
28. “Women have to ask for higher paychecks. And not equal, I don’t want equal – why do I have to have the same paycheck as a guy who has much less experience than me? I want more. And we have to stop feeling ashamed for asking for more, and we have to begin to feel a little more entitled to things, to normal things.” — Isabel Coixet
29. “What is your personal carrying capacity for grief, rage, and despair? We are living in a period of mass extinction. The numbers stand at 200 species a day. That’s 73,000 a year. This culture is oblivious to their passing, feels entitled to their every last niche, and there is no roll call on the nightly news.” — Lierre Keith
30. “I believe that Americans are entitled. We’re entitled to have a job that makes us feel like we have some dignity in our lives, that we live a life of integrity, and that we have good family relationships and our relationships with our friends and our families and our coworkers are enriching and meaningful.” — Michael Kimmel
Entitled Quotes About People
Following entitled quotes are about other people’s entitlement.
31. “Sometimes, when you work with mediocre talents, they feel entitled. They act like stars. Genuinely talented people don’t.” — Barbra Streisand
32. “I’m just going to try and be a good dad and not spoil the kid: give him love and encouragement but also discipline. Me and my woman, we don’t want him to feel too entitled.” — Julian Casablancas
33. “Pride and entitlement always go with unforgiveness. The longer you hold someone’s offense over them, the more likely you are to start feeling arrogant and entitled to your posture toward him.” — Will Davis
34. “I don’t think you can be too ashamed of anything as long as you were being yourself. I think why people feel, um, so entitled over me is that they’ve watched me grow up. But that’s a blessing and a curse.” — Miley Cyrus
35. “Where a generation ago people felt entitled to a chance at education, they now feel entitled to the credential affirming that they have completed a course of study regardless of their actual mastery.” — William A. Henry
More Entitled Quotes About People
Here are more additional quotes about entitlement.
36. “If you’re lucky enough to have a permanent position, don’t feel entitled. Companies value longtime employees’ institutional memory, but to be irreplaceable, you must stay invested. Take the initiative and assume new responsibilities.” — Chris Gardner
37. “Being a funny person does an awful lot of things to you. You feel that you mustn’t get serious with people. They don’t expect it from you, and they don’t want to see it. You’re not entitled to be serious, you’re a clown, and they only want you to make them laugh.” — Fanny Brice
38. “The reader has certain rights. He bought your story. Think of this as an implicit contract. He’s entitled to be entertained, instructed, amused, maybe all three. If he quits in the middle or puts the book down feeling his time has been wasted, you’re in violation.” — Larry Niven
39. “An abuser can seem emotionally needy. You can get caught in a trap of catering to him, trying to fill a bottomless pit. But he’s not so needy as entitled, so no matter how much you give him, it will never be enough. He will just keep coming up with more demands because he believes his needs are your responsibility until you feel drained down to nothing.” — Lundy Bancroft
40. “It is easy to be disgruntled if you are denied rights and freedoms to which you feel entitled. But if you are not coherent, if you cannot put into words what it is that displeases you and why it is unfair and should change, then you are dismissed as an unreasonable whiner. You may be lectured about perseverance and patience, life as a test, the need to accept the higher wisdom of others.” — Ayaan Hirsi Ali
Entitled Quotes to Encourage Hard Work and Humanity
These entitled quotes will help you in various regards, from hard work and humanity, so make sure you understand them.
41. “Odious ideas are not entitled to hide from criticism behind the human shield of their believers’ feelings.” — Richard Stallman
42. “Never work for money or power, be honest, don’t feel entitled to anything you don’t sweat and struggle for, [and] always finish what you start.” — Ezra Edelman
43. “Indeed we do have an entitlement problem: some feel so entitled to power and wealth that they’re willing to undermine our economy and our democracy.” — Annabel Park
44. “Unfortunately, there’s no greater rhyme or reason as to why it would be me. And since there is no answer as to why me, it’s not a question I feel really entitled to ask.” — David Rakoff
45. “My parents raised me never to feel entitled to success. That you have to work for it. You have to work so hard for it. And sometimes then you don’t even get where you need to go.” — Taylor Swift
More Entitled Quotes for Hard Work and Humanity
Here are additional quotes on about working hard for success.
46. “Urban conservationists may feel entitled to be unconcerned about food production because they are not farmers. But they can’t be let off so easily, for they are all farming by proxy.” — Wendell Berry
47. “We call the heroes of the past heroes of production. We feel entitled to call the present-day magazine heroes ‘idols of consumption’.Indeed, almost every one of them is directly, or indirectly, related to the sphere of leisure time.” — Leo Lowenthal
48. “I find London really exciting, but there’s a lot of vicious success here. Like New York, there’s a lot of incredibly successful people who feel incredibly entitled, perhaps justifiably, but I don’t want to be around viciously entitled people.” — Moby
49. “I said to the German Ambassador that, as long as there was only a dispute between Austria and Serbia alone, I did not feel entitled to intervene; but that, directly, it was a matter between Austria and Russia, it became a question of the peace of Europe, which concerned us all.” — Edward Grey
50. “I think there are times as believers when we feel entitled and that life shouldn’t be hard. We live in this culture of convenience that says we can do everything ourselves and find all the answers on Google. But if we can learn to fall more in love with the Lord and trust Him in the middle of every storm, we build our endurance to keep running the race.” — Kari Jobe
Which One of these Entitled Quotes is your Favorite?
Once you have gone through our list of entitled quotes, you might have understood what is meant by being entitled.
In addition to these quotes, we have also tried to explain to you the term entitled and how it affects the life of a person.
The information provided above can help you understand the true meaning of entitled quotes.
If you have come across an entitled quote, you can share it with us.
For this purpose, you can use our comments section.
We would love to know about your choice.