Check out these Kevin Costner quotes to learn more about one of the leading men in Hollywood.
Kevin Costner is a multi-talented man who is well known for his award-winning acting and directing, but he is also successful in other areas.
He is a movie producer and a businessman and is even part of a country rock band called Kevin Costner & Modern West, which he founded in 2007.
Costner was born in Lynwood, California, in 1955 and has been active in Hollywood since 1978, when he decided to pursue a career in acting after a chance encounter with actor Richard Burton.
Since that time, Costner has become one of Hollywood’s leading actors, and some of his well-known films and television series are listed below:
- Bull Durham (1988)
- Field of Dreams (1989)
- Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991)
- The Bodyguard (1992)
- Dances with Wolves (1990)
- Open Range (2003)
- Hatfields & McCoys (2012)
- Yellowstone (2018 – 2023)
Take a look at these Kevin Costner quotes to learn more about the talented actor and director.
Best Kevin Costner Quotes
Enjoy some of the best quotes from the famous actor.
1. “I haven’t lived a perfect life.” — Kevin Costner
2. “I stand up for what I believe.” — Kevin Costner
3. “People come and go, but I stay the course.” — Kevin Costner
4. “I like being around people that mean what they say.” — Kevin Costner
5. “I’m only afraid of one thing: not being able to raise my kids.” — Kevin Costner
6. “I’m glad movies aren’t going to please everybody; they can’t.” — Kevin Costner
7. “Broken people say awful things and do incredibly absurd things.” — Kevin Costner
8. “If you don’t understand your limitations, you won’t achieve much in your life.” — Kevin Costner
9. “Failure doesn’t kill you; it increases your desire to make something happen.” — Kevin Costner
10. “This is a bonding film for all. You could put it anywhere in history–the Berlin Wall, Kuwait.” — Kevin Costner
Iconic Kevin Costner Quotes
Here are some of Kevin Costner’s most iconic quotes.
11. “I’m not into plugs, rugs or drugs to correct this problem and would rather just shave it off.” — Kevin Costner
12. “When a defining moment comes along, you define the moment, or the moment defines you.” — Kevin Costner
13. “We stand our best chance of leaving a legacy to those who want to learn, our children, by standing firm.“ — Kevin Costner
14. “I think some people who lead special lives have somehow made this weird jump that they’re better because of it.” — Kevin Costner
15. “You have to decide if you’re going to wilt like a daisy or if you’re just going to go forward and live the life that you’ve been granted.” — Kevin Costner
16. “I’m a big fan of dreams. Unfortunately, dreams are our first casualty in life – people seem to give them up, quicker than anything, for a ‘reality.’” — Kevin Costner
17. “Real heroes are men who fall and fail and are flawed, but win out in the end because they’ve stayed true to their ideals and beliefs and commitments.” — Kevin Costner
Kevin Costner Quotes From Movies He’s Starred In
Check out these well-known lines from a few of Costner’s best movies.
18. “Save the ones you can, Jake.” — Kevin Costner
19. “Hey, Dad, you want to have a catch?” — Kevin Costner
20. “It seems every day ends with a miracle here.” — Kevin Costner
21. “If I were here to kill you, you would already be dead.” — Kevin Costner
22. “Never stop, never stop fighting till the fight is done. Here endeth the lesson.” — Kevin Costner
23. “Life has to be a little nuts sometimes. Otherwise, it’s just a bunch of Thursdays strung together.” — Kevin Costner
24. “I will make you no promises; save one. That if you truly believe in your hearts that you are free, then I say we can win.” — Kevin Costner
25. “Kind of a man that’d say ‘good morning’ and mean it, whether it was or not. Tell you the truth, Lord, if there was two gentler souls in this world, I never seen ’em.” — Kevin Costner
Kevin Costner’s Personal Life
Costner is a huge baseball fan who has appeared in several movies about baseball and regularly attends baseball games.
He has been married and divorced twice and has seven children from three different relationships.
Costner is a big fan of Western movies and has appeared in multiple Westerns.
He is currently producing a Western epic that will be split into four films.
Please share these Kevin Costner quotes with others by clicking the share button!
Check out these related lifestyle articles:
There isn’t necessarily only one right path for each individual, as many roads may lead to the same destination.
The truth is that we all have the ability to become successful and interpret success the way we want to – regardless of where we are in life.
Besides helping you beat boredom and feel happy, these ten hobbies will help you build your confidence and self-esteem.
Increasing your dedication to work can help you advance your career, improve your financial outlook, and help you achieve goals.
Check out these related quote articles:
Discover this treasure trove of motivational quotes to ignite your inner fire and propel you toward greatness.
Looking for inspirational be yourself quotes to encourage you? Here are some uplifting quotes about being yourself to inspire your best life.
There’s only one way to get better in life; these training quotes will show you how.
This biographical sports movie is based on the true story of African-American coach Herman Boone, who integrated the T. C. Williams High School football team in Alexandria, Virginia in 1971.