Titanic Quotes From the 90s Epic Romance Film About Jack and Rose
September 28, 2022 5:00 AM EST
These Titanic quotes capture some of the most emotional parts of the film, with sayings from both Jack and Rose.
If you were any older than the age of 10 in the late 90s or early 2000s, you can likely recall the Titanic craze.
The movie premiered in 1997 and it was all anyone could talk about.
The movie officially made Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet teen heartthrobs.
Also, the radio stations played the heck out of Celine Dion’s “My Heart Will Go On.”
Quotes about the conversations they had with one another, and the quotes from the part of the movie where the ship sunk might just move you to tears.
The movie requires a bit of an investment from the watcher as it will also “go on” and on.
In fact, it takes three and a half hours from start to finish.
The epic romance and disaster film, which was directed, written, co-produced, and co-edited by James Cameron, is well worth it though.
The blend of history and fiction surrounding the sinking of the RMS Titanic has something for nearly every type of moviegoer.
That is probably why the film was so successful.
It was nominated for 14 Academy Awards and won 11, which included Best Picture and Best Director.
It tied with Ben-Hur (1959) for the most Oscars won by a single film.
Keep reading these Titanic quotes to take an emotional stroll down memory lane as you re-explore this popular film.
Don’t forget to also check out these Inception quotes that will make you question what you think you know.
Also, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily wisdom.
See the rest of our quote database for even more inspirational ideas and thoughts.
Titanic movie quotes from Rose that will make you relive all the emotional moments
1. “A woman’s heart is a deep ocean of secrets.” — Rose (older)
You will also enjoy our article on rose quotes.
2. “It was the ship of dreams to everyone else. To me, it was a slave ship, taking me back to America in chains. Outwardly, I was everything a well brought up girl should be. Inside, I was screaming.” — Rose (older)
You will also enjoy our article on Killua quotes.
3. “Jack, I’m flying!” — Rose
You will also enjoy our article on Avatar quotes.
4. “Jack, I want you to draw me like one of your French girls.” — Rose
5. “I’ll never let go, Jack. I’ll never let go.” — Rose
6. “Fifteen-hundred people went into the sea, when Titanic sank from under us. There were 20 boats floating nearby… and only one came back. One. Six were saved from the water, myself included. Six… out of 1500. Afterward, the 700 people in the boats had nothing to do but wait… wait to die… wait to live… wait for an absolution… that would never come.” — Rose (older)
7. “I saw my whole life as if I’d already lived it. An endless parade of parties and cotillions, yachts and polo matches. Always the same narrow people, the same mindless chatter. I felt like I was standing at a great precipice, with no one to pull me back.” — Rose (older)
8. “Can you exchange one life for another? A caterpillar turns into a butterfly. If a mindless insect can do it, why couldn’t I?” — Rose (older)
9. “Oh mother, shut up! Don’t you understand? The water is freezing and there aren’t enough boats. Not enough by half. Half the people on this ship are going to die.” — Rose
10. “It’s been 84 years, and I can still smell the fresh paint. The china had never been used. The sheets had never been slept in. Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.” — Rose (older)
11. “I’d rather be his whore than your wife.” — Rose
Famous Titanic quotes from Jack that remind us why we love him
12. “I mean, I got everything I need right here with me. I got air in my lungs. A few blank sheets of paper. I mean, I love waking up in the morning not knowing what’s gonna happen or, who I’m gonna meet, where I’m gonna wind up. Just the other night I was sleeping under a bridge and now here I am on the grandest ship in the world having champagne with you fine people.” — Jack
13. “I’m the king of the world!” — Jack
14. “I don’t know about you, but I intend to write a strongly worded letter to the White Star Line about all of this.” — Jack
15. “Promise me you’ll survive. That you won’t give up, no matter what happens. No matter how hopeless.” — Jack
16. “Winning that ticket, Rose, was the best thing that ever happened to me… it brought me to you. And I’m thankful for that, Rose. I’m thankful.” — Jack
17. “You jump, I jump remember? I can’t turn away without knowing you’ll be all right.” — Jack
18. “I figure life’s a gift and I don’t intend on wasting it. You don’t know what hand you’re gonna get dealt next. You learn to take life as it comes at you… to make each day count.” — Jack
19. “Don’t you do that, don’t say your goodbyes. Not yet, do you understand me?” — Jack
20. “Listen, Rose. You’re gonna get out of here, you’re gonna go on and you’re gonna make lots of babies, and you’re gonna watch them grow. You’re gonna die an old… an old lady warm in her bed, not here, not this night. Not like this, do you understand me?” — Jack
21. “Come, Josephine, in my flying machine, going up, she goes up, up she goes.” — Jack
22. “Rose! You’re so stupid. Why did you do that, huh? You’re so stupid, Rose. Why did you do that? Why?” — Jack
23. “Rose, you’re no picnic, all right? You’re a spoiled little brat, even, but under that, you’re the most amazingly, astounding, wonderful girl, woman that I’ve ever known.” — Jack
24. “They’ve got you trapped, Rose. And you’re gonna die if you don’t break free. Maybe not right away because you’re strong but sooner or later that fire that I love about you, Rose… that fire’s gonna burn out.” — Jack
Titanic quotes and lines from memorable conversations between Jack and Rose
25. Jack: “Where to, Miss?”
Rose: “To the stars.”
What did you learn from these Titanic quotes?
Like the movie itself, this article blended in some historical titanic quotes too.
You get swept up in the adventure and romance of this film, but the entire time you are watching this love blossom, you know their relationship is a sinking ship… literally.
The movie itself was not, though, grossing over $1.84 billion initially.
Titanic was the first film to reach the billion-dollar mark, a record it held until 2010 when another Cameron film, Avatar, surpassed it in 2010.
Both Cameron films have now earned over 2 billion dollars.
Was it great acting, writing, and directing that made the movie so outstanding, or was it people’s fascination with the “unsinkable” Titanic?
The RMS Titanic was a British passenger liner operated by the White Star Line.
It struck an iceberg during its maiden voyage on 15 April 1912, and sank, after being billed as impossible to sink.
That tragedy took the lives of over 1500 people (there were 2224 passengers and crew aboard).
It is, to this day, the deadliest peacetime sinking of a cruise liner.
If you haven’t watched the film already, set aside an afternoon or evening, and give it a go.
It is a fantastic piece of cinema about a tragedy that was shrouded in mystery.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Titanic quotes and lines?
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.