Learn about the unofficial Queen of Hollywood with these memorable Meryl Streep quotes!
Meryl Streep, the acclaimed American actress known for her extraordinary talent and versatility, has a record-breaking 21 Academy Award nominations.
Her remarkable ability to inhabit diverse characters across genres has solidified her status as one of the greatest actors in film history.
Throughout her career, she has understood that her platform allowed her to use her voice to raise awareness and support causes such as gender equality, environmental conservation, LGBTQ+ rights, and more.
These inspiring Meryl Streep quotes reflect her thoughts on acting, the importance of contributing to society, awards and accolades, family and love, and more.
Tell us your favorite Meryl Streep quote in the comment section!
Short quotes by Meryl Streep
Enjoy these short quotes by one of America’s most beloved actresses!
1. “Instant gratification is not soon enough.” — Meryl Streep
2. “I am a humanist. I am for nice, easy balance.” — Meryl Streep
3. “I think your self emerges more clearly over time.” — Meryl Streep
4. “You can’t suppress the things that make us human. It’s pointless to try.” — Meryl Streep
Meryl Streep quotes on acting
Throughout her career, Meryl Streep has made a name for herself as one of the most prolific actors ever.
Enjoy these quotes from Meryl Streep about her life as an actor.
5. “My job is usually to express emotion as freely as possible.” — Meryl Streep
6. “The more you are in this business, the more humbled by it you become.” — Meryl Streep
7. “All an actor has is their blind faith that they are who they say they are today, in any scene.” — Meryl Streep
8. “I know what I do and what it means to me and where its sources lie, and that’s mine. It still is mine.” — Meryl Streep
9. “I’m curious about other people. That’s the essence of my acting. I’m interested in what it would be like to be you.” — Meryl Streep
10. “Acting is not about being someone different. It’s finding the similarity in what is apparently different, then finding myself in there.” — Meryl Streep
How many awards has Meryl Streep won?
A celebrated actress, Meryl Streep has received numerous awards and infinite praise from her peers.
In these Meryl Streep quotes, she shares her feelings about the accolades she’s received for her work.
11. “You win an Oscar, it can double the audience that you had before.” — Meryl Streep12. “What does it take to be the first female anything? It takes grit, and it takes grace.” — Meryl Streep
12. “America doesn’t reward people of my age, either in day-to-day life or for their performances.” — Meryl Streep
13. “I’m thrilled when I get nominated. I don’t count how many and I don’t remember how many I’ve had. I just know it’s a lot.” — Meryl Streep
14. “Leave me to the thing I love. I love acting. But being called ‘the greatest living actress’ – a designation not even my mother would sanction – is the opposite of good or valuable or useful. It is a curse for a working actor.” — Meryl Streep
Does Meryl Streep have children?
In addition to being a steadily working actress, she always made time to have a family.
These Meryl Streep quotes illuminate balancing her fame and success with home life and children.
15. “Motherhood has a very humanizing effect. Everything gets reduced to essentials.” — Meryl Streep
16. “There’s no road map on how to raise a family: it’s always an enormous negotiation.” — Meryl Streep
17. “Having been let out of the barn once, I know I wouldn’t be happy if I were home all the time.” — Meryl Streep
18. “I have a holistic need to work and to have huge ties of love in my life. I can’t imagine eschewing one for the other.” — Meryl Streep
19. “Every single decision I make about what material I do, what I’m putting out in the world, is because of my children.” — Meryl Streep
20. “Service is the only thing that’s important about love. Everybody is worried about ‘losing yourself’ – all this narcissism. Duty. We can’t stand that idea now either… But duty might be a suit of armor you put on to fight for your love.” — Meryl Streep
Meryl Streep quotes on kindness and humanity
Read on for quotes about being a good member of society by Meryl Streep, illustrating why many look to her as a role model.
21. “You can’t suppress the things that make us human. It’s pointless to try.” — Meryl Streep
22. “The great gift of human beings is that we have the power of empathy.” — Meryl Streep
23. “Grace, respect, reserve, and empathetic listening are qualities sorely missing from the public discourse now.” — Meryl Streep
24. “Some people are filled by compassion and a desire to do good, and some simply don’t think anything’s going to make a difference.” — Meryl Streep
25. “Everything we say signifies; everything counts, that we put out into the world. It impacts on kids, it impacts on the zeitgeist of the time.” — Meryl Streep
Everybody Loves Meryl
Audiences and fellow actors love Meryl Streep because of her unparalleled ability to bring depth and authenticity to her characters, making them relatable and unforgettable.
Her dedication to her craft, her incredible range, charisma, and consistent delivery of powerful performances continue to endear her to audiences worldwide.
Tell us your favorite Meryl Streep movie in the comment section!
Also let us know if you found a favorite Meryl Streep quote in this list!
We would love to hear from you.
Check out these related lifestyle articles:
Are you looking to transform your life? If yes, these daily affirmations are perfect for you. Use them to drive positive change in your life.
Discovering your purpose when you feel like you have none can be tough – but it can be done. Maybe your life purpose has been with you all along.
Love random facts? Then you will love this list of exciting information about everyday objects that could, one day, save your life.
Negative people in your life will only bring you down. Read this to learn why you need to kick negative friends to the curb.
Check out these related quote articles:
Learn to fly and soar into the adult you want to be, with these inspirational quotes for kids.
In a world that can often feel divided and uncertain, love remains a universal force that unites us all, regardless of how you find it.
Here are our favorite funny motivational quotes about life, work, and becoming successful.
Words of wisdom are helpful to anyone looking to get inspired through words that are as powerful as they are meaningful.