Fans of the TV comedy Modern Family will love these Phil Dunphy quotes!
Phil Dunphy is the fictional-character dad of the hit series Modern Family, created by Christopher Lloyd and Steven Levitan.
Actor Ty Burrell portrays him and is a series regular for all eleven seasons from 2009 through 2020.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
Phil lives with his wife Claire and their three kids in California and works as a real estate agent.
He tries hard to be the “cool” dad and romantic and loving husband but regularly fails in all aspects.
He is in his early fifties, relatively tall and in good shape, and a funny guy who loves making people laugh.
Although Phil is clumsy and forgetful, he loves his wife and dotes upon her as much as possible.
Check out these Phil Dunphy quotes to learn more about this hilarious character!
Funny Phil Dunphy Quotes
Check out some funny quotes by Phil!
1. “I’m the cool dad. That’s my thing.” — Phil Dunphy
2. “If you love something, set it free. Unless it’s a tiger.” — Phil Dunphy
3. “Yep, gonna lose a toenail. There goes sandal season!” — Phil Dunphy
4. “Sad face emoticon! I can feel the hurt through the phone!” — Phil Dunphy
5. “I don’t like to talk about money. But I have exactly ten million dollars.” — Phil Dunphy
6. “Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration, and 2% attention to detail.” — Phil Dunphy
7. “If laughter is the best medicine, consider yourself grape-flavored Triaminic.” — Phil Dunphy
8. “Never be afraid to reach for the stars because even if you fall, you’ll always be wearing a Parentchute.” — Phil Dunphy
9. “One time I told Luke that if he didn’t put his dirty dishes in the dishwasher, we would put them in his bed.” — Phil Dunphy
10. “The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you if you just lower your expectations.” — Phil Dunphy
Serious Phil Dunphy Quotes
Phil can get serious when it comes to his family, as seen in the following quotes.
11. “Life’s too short to be ruled by fear.” — Phil Dunphy
12. “Do you see me saying “I’m done”? Never.” — Phil Dunphy
13. “Haley, this is real life, not an excellent movie.” — Phil Dunphy
14. “I know the pain is fresh, but the lie is really old.” — Phil Dunphy
15. “It’s gonna be tough to say goodbye… it always is.” — Phil Dunphy
16. “Those fears you never get past. So sometimes all you have to do is take a deep breath, hold them close, and hope for the best.” — Phil Dunphy
17. “We like to think we are so smart and we have all the answers. And we want to pass all that on to our children, but if you scratch beneath the surface you don’t have to dig very deep to find the kid you were.” — Phil Dunphy
The Best Phil Dunphy Quotes
Here are some of the best Phil Dunphy quotes!
18. “You have nothing to fear, but fear itself… and the concrete.” — Phil Dunphy
19. “So yeah, I’m pretty much not afraid of anything… except for clowns.” — Phil Dunphy
20. “The only time I break a sweat is when we run after the ice cream truck.” — Phil Dunphy
21. “One day I’m gonna be a grandfather, and then everybody better hide their meat.” — Phil Dunphy
22. “Take a lesson from parakeets. If you ever feel lonely, just eat in front of a mirror.” — Phil Dunphy
23. “If you show enough houses, you learn all the tricks. Every Realtor is just a Ninja in a blazer.” — Phil Dunphy
24. “Some people call me a salesman, I call myself a sales-friend, so obviously I need strangers to trust me.” — Phil Dunphy
25. “Um, things I want: robot dog, night vision goggles, bug vacuum, GPS watch, speakers that look like rocks…” — Phil Dunphy
What Was Phil’s Childhood Like?
Phil was born in Key West, Florida, in 1968 and grew up near Lake Okeechobee, Florida.
Phil found out he was funny when he made a joke at the expense of one of his friends at his twelfth birthday party and has wanted to be funny ever since.
He was a member of the cheerleading squad in high school and college, and he loves technology and magic tricks.
If you can’t get enough of Phil, check out his character’s life story.
Please share these Phil Dunphy Quotes with your friends that could use some laughs, and post any comments about the character in the comment section below.