Leadership Quotes to Inspire You to Greatness Right Now
For leaders looking for a source of inspiration to get better at what they do, these leadership quotes by famous personalities will help stir the greatness in them.
1. “To handle yourself, use your head; to handle other, use your heart” – Eleanor Roosevelt
2. “The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things.”– Ronald Regan
3. “Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
4. “Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other. – John F. Kennedy
5. “He who cannot be a good follower cannot be a good leader.”– Aristotle
6. “The day the soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help them or concluded that you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership.” – Colin Powell
7. “A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves.” – Lao Tzu
8. “A leader is a dealer in hope.”- Napoleon Bonaparte
9. “The art of leadership is saying no, not saying yes. It is very easy to say yes.” – Tony Blair
10. A great leader’s courage to fulfill his vision comes from passion, not position. – John Maxwell
11. “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
12. “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” – John Quincy Adams
13. “Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other.” – John F. Kennedy
14. “The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails.” – John Maxwell
15. “If you would not be forgotten, as soon as you are dead and rotten, either write things worth reading, or do things worth the writing.” – Benjamin Franklin
16. “A good leader is a person who takes a little more than his share of the blame and a little less than his share of the credit.”– John Maxwell
17. “The best leader is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do what he wants done, and the self-restraint to keep from meddling with them while they do it.”– Theodore Roosevelt
You might also like these powerful quotes from Jocko Willink to motivate leaders.
Which one of these leadership quotes could become your mantra for greatness?
Take a second to Like, Comment and Share!
October 1, 2014 12:00 AM EST