Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Explore our complete collection of motivational quotes here.
Leadership Quotes to Inspire You to Greatness Right Now
For leaders looking for a source of inspiration to get better at what they do, these leadership quotes by famous personalities will help stir the greatness in them.
1. “To handle yourself, use your head; to handle others, use your heart” – Eleanor Roosevelt
3. “Great leaders create more leaders, not followers.” ―
4. “Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other.” – John F. Kennedy
5. “He who cannot be a good follower cannot be a good leader.” – Aristotle
6. “A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus.” ― Martin Luther King, Jr.
7. “A leader is a dealer in hope.”- Napoleon Bonaparte
8. “The art of leadership is saying no, not saying yes. It is very easy to say yes.” – Tony Blair
9. “A great leader’s courage to fulfill his vision comes from passion, not position.” – John Maxwell
10. “Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other.” – John F. Kennedy
11. “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
12. “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” – John Quincy Adams
13. “The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails.” – John Maxwell
14. “If you would not be forgotten, as soon as you are dead and rotten, either write things worth reading, or do things worth the writing.” – Benjamin Franklin
15. “A good leader is a person who takes a little more than his share of the blame and a little less than his share of the credit.”– John Maxwell
16. “The best leader is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do what he wants done, and the self-restraint to keep from meddling with them while they do it.”– Theodore Roosevelt
You might also like these powerful quotes from Jocko Willink to motivate leaders.
Powerful leadership quotes to help you succeed
17. “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” — Steve Jobs
18. “I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.” — Alexander the Great
19. “The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things.” – Ronald Regan
20. “Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
21. “The day the soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help them or concluded that you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership.” – Colin Powell
22. “A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves.” – Lao Tzu
23. “A good leader takes a little more than his share of the blame, a little less than his share of the credit.” ― Arnold H. Glasow
24. “It is better to lead from behind and to put others in front, especially when you celebrate victory when nice things occur. You take the front line when there is danger. Then people will appreciate your leadership.” ― Nelson Mandela
25. “Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality.” ― Warren Bennis
26. “Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.” ― Peter Drucker
27. “The task of the leader is to get his people from where they are to where they have not been.” ― Henry Kissinger
Which one of these leadership quotes could become your mantra for greatness?
Take a second to Like, Comment and Share!
May 29, 2022 5:00 AM EST