These Pose quotes give a different perspective from the three-season series.
Pose is an American drama series about the LGBTQ and gender-nonconforming drag ball culture set in the 80s and 90s.
It revolves around the story of a group of dancers and models who compete in an underground culture and support one another.
The unique story and brave presentation of this series captivated many fans around the world.
There is an 80s vibe to this series that many enjoyed along with scenes of the vibrant and bustling city of New York. This series is full of twists and turns as well as vibrant scenes and exciting dance culture.
These Pose quotes give you a glimpse at how underground culture evolved throughout time.
Don’t forget to also check out these LGBTQ quotes celebrating pride and love.
Pose quotes by Pray Tell
1. “They’ll never know that feeling what it’s like to love without worrying that you’re gonna die, or worse yet, that you’re gonna kill somebody. I don’t know what’s shittier having that freedom taken away or never having had it to begin with.” — Pray Tell
2. “All we have left is right now.” — Pray Tell
3. “I’ve buried more friends in the last year than any of you can count! And when it’s all over who knows how many of us will be left?” — Pray Tell
4. “I don’t need a bunch of immature 20-somethings, who just figured out how to wipe their own asses telling me how to act or feel! When y’all have walked a mile in my shoes, y’all come find me.” — Pray Tell
5. “A house is much more than a home. It’s family. And every family needs a mother who is affirming, caring, loyal, and inspiring.” — Pray Tell
6. “The legendary Elektra Abundance. Looking like a tall glass of lemonade. Giving us daffodil realness. Giving us sunflower. Sun power! Making the little things grow.” — Pray Tell
7. “You know, that’s the burden of having a parent. They haven’t a clue what they’re doing. And every mistake they make chips away at us. As we get older, we got to glue the pieces back together. And we can blame them. But here’s the thing. They’re human. They make mistakes.” — Pray Tell
8. “You’ll always have the memories.” — Pray Tell
9. “I have HIV. I recently lost a lover and being here with you it’s like the first time I was with — First time I was with him.” — Pray Tell
10. “I told Blanca I wasn’t ready, but she told me I couldn’t sit around the house feeling sorry for myself.” — Pray Tell
Pose quotes by Elektra Abundance
11. “Trust gives people power over you.” — Elektra Abundance
12. “You’re lucky I believe in second chances.” — Elektra Abundance
13. “If you were to ever part from me, I would destroy you.” — Elektra Abundance
14. “Not much of a house with only one bitch in it. More like a studio apartment.” — Elektra Abundance
15. “Just because you have an idea does not mean you know how to properly execute it. Ideas are ingredients. Only a real mother knows how to prepare them.” — Elektra Abundance
16. “You are not on my level!” — Elektra Abundance
17. “I look too good not to be seen.” — Elektra Abundance
18. “You think I just woke up one day and poof, I look like this? No. It takes work, drive, sacrifice to be a woman.” — Elektra Abundance
19. “If they don’t grow strong enough to rebel, to reject you, to move away, then you’re not raising men and women. You’re creating parasites.” — Elektra Abundance
20. “If you choose to be a mother, you choose to shape the world.” — Elektra Abundance
21. “I don’t like being needy. I hate myself for it.” — Elektra Abundance
Pose quotes by Blanca Rodriguez
22. “I am not gay, and I am certainly not sinful. What I am is a woman, Mother. Not your son, but your daughter.” — Blanca Rodriguez
23. “It must be hard having to tell people they gonna die day after day.” — Blanca Rodriguez
24. “We need to focus on bringing our best, not worrying about what anyone else is bringing.” — Blanca Rodriguez
25. “You got a lot to hate yourself for, but needing help ain’t one of them.” — Blanca Rodriguez
26. “So is this what sisterhood looks like? A bunch of birds clipping each other’s wings?” — Blanca Rodriguez
27. “Life comes for all of us. And it comes hardest for the ones who think they’re above it all.” — Blanca Rodriguez
28. “You may be a terrible mother, but that don’t mean I can’t be the loving daughter I want to be.” — Blanca Rodriguez
29. “Lies are a form of disrespect.” — Blanca Rodriguez
30. “Well, you’re never going to find the place where you belong if you keep on running away.” — Blanca Rodriguez
31. “I’ll bust him upside his head if he’s trying you.” — Blanca Rodriguez
32. “ Both you and I know sleeping at a fast food booth and working the sex trade, you won’t live out the year.” — Blanca Rodriguez
33. “You shouldn’t have to die to know what peace feels like.” — Blanca Rodriguez
34. “Rule number one is to always look your best.” — Blanca Rodriguez
35. “Our greatest asset is our authenticity.” — Blanca Rodriguez
36. “Oh child, no one ever plans on having sex. And I can’t be your mother and your conscience. I’m not always going to be here to protect you. You are a good-looking young man. And soon, you are going to want to start exploring. But you gotta make smart choices.” — Blanca Rodriguez
37. “One job ain’t nothing if it doesn’t lead to another.” — Blanca Rodriguez
Pose quotes by Stan
38. “I’m leaving my wife. For good. I don’t want to pretend anymore.” — Stan
39. “Remember that night, the first night in the hotel room. That night we met and you told me you just wanted a home and someone to take care of, and to be treated like a real woman. Let me give you all that.” — Stan
Pose quotes by Helena St. Rogers
40. “You’ve been a great mother to him. He’s really straightened up. And I wanted you to be the first to know as his guardian that his scholarship has been approved for a second year.” — Helena St. Rogers
41. “I am so incredibly proud of him, and I’m proud of you, too.” — Helena St. Rogers
42. “I’ve seen parents give their children the best training, the best education money can buy, and yet their dancing careers go nowhere.” — Helena St. Rogers
43. “You, however, have given Damon something that will allow him to soar in this world. Self-worth. As long as he knows his life has value, he will be unstoppable.” — Helena St. Rogers
44. “You’re upset because you have compassion and integrity. Important qualities to possess as a parent.” — Helena St. Rogers
45. “Time is not your friend. It’s comin’ for you. For all of us. It shows no mercy and it always wins.” — Helena St. Rogers
Pose quotes by other characters
46. Electra: “Do you know what I’m giving up to go through this?”
Doctor: “I can only imagine the sacrifices you’ve made to be here, but it’s never a bad decision to choose yourself.”
47. “How lucky are we? We create ourselves.” — Lulu Abundance
48. “She doesn’t get to dictate my reality. I do.” — Candy
49. “I am not trapped in this life, I choose it.” — Patty Bowes
50. “I take no pleasure in telling you this or that I didn’t struggle before deciding to do it.” — Matt Bromley
51. “Sweetheart, a lady never tells. And I’m not appreciating your attitude.” — Angel Evangelista
Which of these Pose quotes is your favorite?
This series tackles societal issues and the struggles of the LGBTQ community. Together in the series, they form “houses”, a self-selected family that provides genuine support to LGBTQ youths who have been rejected by their own families. The houses compete in balls where they challenge each other through dance and outfits.
Pose dives into showing the sentiments and struggles that minorities and the LGBTQ community encountered in the 80s and 90s. They even include the issues of HIV and AIDS during the height of its pandemic in the 90s.
Overall, viewers thought of this as a thought-provoking series with a digestible narrative as you’ll see in these Pose quotes and sayings.
October 26, 2021 7:00 AM EST