These Rafiki quotes sum up all of his wisdom.
They’ll surely inspire you in one way or another.
Rafiki is the shaman-like character in Disney’s The Lion King.
He is also the Royal Mjuzi of the pride.
He is the wise man, the keeper of knowledge, and one of my favorite characters.
I remember seeing the movie in theaters when I was 10 years old.
It made me want to be as sure of life as Rafiki seemed.
Rafiki is a mandril (not a baboon), which is a bit of an odd choice because they usually live in rainforests.
They also live in large groups, whereas Rafiki is the only one of his kind in the Pridelands.
In fact, Mandril ‘hordes’ can contain upwards of 600 primates.
Knowing this adds even a little more mystique to the kooky character.
How did he get in the desert all alone, providing knowledge to a pride of lions?
He imparts all kinds of wisdom and jokes throughout the first film, the sequels, and the subsequent TV show.
Rafiki quotes that make us laugh
1. “Asante Sana squash banana!” ― Rafiki
2. “You’re a baboon, and I’m not.” ― Rafiki
3. “Can’t cut it out, it will grow right back.” ― Rafiki
4. “No, no, no, no, not the stick! Hey, where you going?” ― Rafiki
5. “Hehehe.. It’s a girl.” ― Rafiki
6. “Hey! You! How dare you save the King’s daughter!” ― Rafiki
7. “What? Kovu, Kiara together? This is the plan? Are you crazy? This will never work!” ― Rafiki
Profound Rafiki quotes
8. “The question is: who are you?” ― Rafiki
9. “Change is good.” ― Rafiki
10. “The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it.” ― Rafiki
11. “I’m not the one who is confused, you’re the one who doesn’t even know who you are.” ― Rafiki
12. “It doesn’t matter. It’s in the past.” ― Rafiki
13. “Ha. You see? So what are you going to do?” ― Rafiki
14. “Well, I know who you are! Shh. Come here, it’s a secret.” ― Rafiki
15. “You seek Hakuna Matata.” ― Rafiki
16. “Hakuna Matata. It means ‘no worries.'” ― Rafiki
17. “My work here is done.” ― Rafiki
Rafiki quotes with life advice
18. “Don’t dawdle. HURRY UP!” ― Rafiki
19. “Look harder.” ― Rafiki
20. “Any story worth telling is worth telling twice.” ― Rafiki
21. “Good! Go on! Get out of here!” ― Rafiki
22. “Look down there.” ― Rafiki
23. “Look beyond what you see.” ― Rafiki
Rafiki quotes about Mufasa and Simba
24. “He lives in you.” ― Rafiki
25. “Correction, I know your father… he’s alive and I’ll show him to you, follow old Rafiki he knows the way, c’mon.” ― Rafiki
Which of these Rafiki quotes is your favorite?
One scene I remember the most was when Rafiki was explaining to Simba the importance of leaving pain in the past.
Once the point is made, Simba grabs Rafiki’s staff and takes off running with it, while the Mandril gets agitated and wants his “stick” back.
He then laughs, jumps around, and shouts while cheering Simba on.
We all need a Rafiki in our lives.
Someone who teaches us and shows us how to grow, and cheers like a maniacal mandril when we succeed.
Which of these Rafiki quotes and lines is your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.
August 10, 2022 7:10 AM EST