Even though we first fell in love with this Disney classic 24 years ago, there are many Lion King quotes that still resonate with us as we grow into adults.
The first original animation created by Disney (see quotes from Disney), it is still by far one of the most popular animated movies of all time.
Both adults and children can agree that The Lion King holds a special place in the hearts of many.
Simba has to undergo a lot of challenges in the search for his destiny as the king of the Great Circle of Life after the killing of his father by his paternal uncle.
Even though it was made for kids, everyone can still enjoy this movie filled with love, betrayal, forgiveness, and lots of adventure.
The film has so much goodness; from the captivating story to the amazing music and the very important life lessons.
It’s no wonder the movie was and is still a masterpiece when it comes to animations.
One of the things the movie teaches us is that life is full of challenges but we should not let our worries overcome us.
It also teaches us that power can be blinding.
The Lion King was directed by Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff and produced by Don Hahn during a period known as the Disney Renaissance.
It featured an ensemble voice cast that includes Jonathan Taylor Thomas, Matthew Broderick, James Earl Jones, Rowan Atkinson, and Whoopi Goldberg, among others.
Released in 1994, The Lion King received positive reviews, with praise for its music, story, themes, and animation.
It grossed over $763 million worldwide and finished its theatrical run as the highest-grossing film of 1994.
The film has won many accolades, including two Academy Awards for its achievement in music and the Golden Globe Award for Best Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy.
Moreover, it was selected for preservation in the United States National Film Registry for being “culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant”.
In honor of this classic, below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and humorous Lion King quotes from your favorite characters.
Don’t forget to also read our collection of inspirational Walt Disney quotes that are full of life lessons.
Lion King Quotes To Inspire Your Inner Simba
1. “Oh yes, the past can hurt. But from the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it.” – Rafiki
2. “Everything you see exists together in a delicate balance. As king, you need to understand that balance and respect all the creatures, from the crawling ant to the leaping antelope.” – Mufasa
3. “Well, somebody once told me that the great kings of the past are up there, watching over us.” – Simba
4. “Change is good.” – Rafiki
5. “Remember who you are. You are my son and the one true king.” – Mufasa
6. “Why won’t he be the king I know he is, the king I see inside?” – Nala
7. “I’m only brave when I have to be. Being brave doesn’t mean you go looking for trouble.” – Mufasa
8. “Life’s not fair, is it? You see, I…well, I shall never be king. And you shall never see the light of another day. Adieu.” – Scar
9. “Hakuna Matata!” – Timon and Pumbaa
10. “Danger? Hah! I walk on the wild side. I laugh in the face of danger.” – Simba
Don’t forget to also read these unforgettable Pulp Fiction quotes as well.
Lion King quotes that resonate with our lives
11. “Simba you have forgotten me. You have forgotten who you are and so forgotten me.” – Mufasa
12. “You gotta put your past behind ya. Look kid, bad things happen, and you can’t do anything about it, right?” – Timon
13. “I just wanted to show you I could do it. That I could be brave like you.” – Young Simba
14. “See, I told you having a lion on our side wasn’t such a bad idea.” – Timon
15. “When we die, our bodies become the grass, and the antelope eat the grass. And so, we are all connected in the great Circle of Life…” – Mufasa
16. “Everything the light touches is our kingdom.” –Mufasa
17. “The question is, who are you?” – Rafiki
18. “Bad things happen, and you can’t do anything about them.” – Timon
19. “There’s more to being a king than getting your way all the time.” – Mufasa
20. “Can’t cut it out, it will grow right back.” – Rafiki
You might also like these Aladdin quotes that will make your day.
Lion King quotes that reflect our own world
21. “Nobody knows the trouble I’ve seen…Nobody knows my sorrow.” – Zazu
22. “But I thought a king can do whatever he wants.” – Young Simba
23. “Repeat after me. Hakuna Matata.” – Timon
24. “And so with my spirits high I boldly ventured off where no meerkat had dared to go before. I put my past behind me Ha! and never looked back.” – Timon
25. “There’s one in every family-two in mine, actually – and they always manage to ruin special occasions.” – Zazu
Which of these Lion King quotes was your favorite?
The Lion King can be a substantial source of inspiration.
If you have not watched the movie yet, why not take time and indulge yourself in the adventures of Simba and his friends?
In the meantime, you can use the Lion King quotes above as a source of inspiration in whatever life challenges you may face.
Be sure to share the quotes with your loved ones to remind them, ‘Hakuna Matata!’
September 28, 2022 5:00 AM EST