If you are looking for answers in life, these God quotes will help you find direction and purpose.
When it comes to religion there are many different kinds of beliefs out there.
Whether you know what you believe or are still looking for answers, learning from others can help you explore what your beliefs are.
Do you believe in God?
The following God quotes will give you a picture of who God is and what he looks like.
They will give you a better understanding of why people believe in God and the difference that their relationship with him is able to make in their lives.
Don’t forget to also check out our list of religious quotes to spread faith and compassion.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Explore our complete collection of motivational quotes here.
God quotes about finding Him
1. “Always, everywhere God is present, and always He seeks to discover Himself to each one.” – A.W. Tozer
You will also enjoy our article on God’s plan quotes.
2. “We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature – trees, flowers, grass – grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence… We need silence to be able to touch souls.” – Mother Teresa
You will also enjoy our article on Holy Spirit quotes.
God quotes about how he uses your failure
3. “Being human means you will make mistakes. And you will make mistakes, because failure is God’s way of moving you in another direction.” – Oprah Winfrey
You will also enjoy our article on Christian quotes.
4. “In our trials and failures, God desires to draw us closer to him through his Word, prayer, and the saints.” – Gregory Brown
You will also enjoy our article on God is good quotes.
5. “God never said that the journey would be easy, but He did say that the arrival would be worthwhile.” – Max Lucado
You will also enjoy our article on Armor of God quotes.
6. “God will meet you where you are in order to take you where He wants you to go.” – Tony Evans
Quotes about God’s love
7. “God’s truth judges created things out of love, and Satan’s truth judges them out of envy and hatred.” – Dietrich Bonhoeffer
8. “God loves each of us as if there were only one of us.” – Augustine
9. “No matter what has happened to you in the past or what is going on in your life right now, it has no power to keep you from having an amazingly good future if you will walk by faith in God. God loves you! He wants you to live with victory over sin so you can possess His promises for your life today!” – Joyce Meyer
10. “God said that when we have His joy that our joy would be full or leveled up, in other words that His joy will satisfy us.” – Sahne Callahan
11. “God is love. God proved His love not by His need of us, but by His giving to us.” – T.D. Jakes
12. “Jesus’s command to follow him is a command to align our loves and longings with his – to want what God wants, to desire what God desires, to hunger and thirst after God and crave a world where he is all in all -a vision encapsulated by the shorthand ‘the kingdom of God’.” – James K. A. Smith
13. “There is no one who is insignificant in the purpose of God.” – Alistair Begg
14. “God does not give us everything we want, but He does fulfill His promises, leading us along the best and straightest paths to Himself.” – Dietrich Bonhoeffer
15. “There is nothing you could ever do that would change the way God feels about you.” – John Burke
You might also like these baptism quotes and verses explaining the religious importance.
God quotes on how to live for Him
16. “When the solution is simple, God is answering.” – Albert Einstein
17. “Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God’s side, for God is always right.” – Abraham Lincoln
18. “Whether it is the big picture of God that is distorted, or little tidbits of Him that have been twisted over the years, we need to make sure our definition of God is in line with scripture.” – Michelle Lynn Brown
19. “God knows your heart and is not concerned with your words as He is with the attitude of your heart.” – Jeanette Duby
20. “Living for God requires that we yield our thoughts to Him. Meaning every thought should be filtered through the Father.” – Lynn R. Davis
21. “You should be courageous, not because of who you are and what you’ve done, but because of who God is and what He has done!” – Wayne A. Mack
22. “God’s word is not just to be heard and repeated; it is to be breathed, lived, and emulated with each action.” – Steve Maraboli
God quotes on who he is and what he’s like
23. “God, as Truth, has been for me a treasure beyond price. May He be so to every one of us.” – Mahatma Gandhi
24. “The blame is his who chooses: God is blameless.” – Plato
25. “If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent Him.” – Voltaire
26. “God is, even though the whole world deny him. Truth stands, even if there be no public support. It is self-sustained.” – Mahatma Gandhi
27. “Your talent is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.” – Leo Buscaglia
28. “Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God’s handwriting.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
29. “God always strives together with those who strive.” – Aeschylus
30. “People say that God doesn’t speak directly to us, but I know that if you want to hear what God is saying to you, all you have to do is ask.” – Jodi Arndt
31. “We may ignore, but we can nowhere evade the presence of God. The world is crowded with Him. He walks everywhere incognito.” – C.S. Lewis
32. “He is the same God, yesterday, today, and forever. He is our heavenly Father who is merciful, kind, and full of compassion.” – Vincent KMC
33. “God writes the Gospel not in the Bible alone, but also on trees, and in the flowers and clouds and stars.” – Martin Luther
You might also like these profound devil quotes that will help you triumph against evil.
God quotes that will lift your spirits
34. “…the world may be tilted toward the rich and powerful, God is tilted toward the underdog.” – Philip Yancey
35. “So at least let me briefly state that the Bible is not man’s best thoughts about God, but rather-and there is ample evidence- the Bible is in fact God’s thoughts on paper.” – Michael Fabarez
36. “God’s word is tailor-made for gray-slush days. It sends a beam of light through the fog. It signals safety when we fear we’ll never make it through.” – Charles R. Swindoll
37. “Even though God gave mankind through the power of choice the ability to apply and accept wisdom and knowledge, He also gave us the choice whether to accept His ways along with wisdom and knowledge.” – Carol Bright
38. “We are finite beings, and God is infinitely greater than any thoughts we can contain about divine reality in our wondrous but tiny minds.” – Miroslav Volf
39. “The Preaching of the gospel is a great opportunity to share with the people of God some wonderful and enriching insights that shed a tremendous light unveiling the truths of God.” – Dr. Joseph R Rogers Sr
40. “God chose Mary for many reasons, but many are left wondering why He picked a women as young, poor, and vulnerable as Mary. Perhaps it was to demonstrate that God sees everyone as equals, and there is no class distinction when it comes to Kingdom matters.” – Sarah Lawrence
41. “At Bethlehem, God struck a blow to liberate the world from sin and death. And his front line soldier was a tiny baby boy.” – Ray Pritchard
42. “Whatever your heart clings to and confides in, that is really your God.” – Martin Luther
43. “I believe that whatever comes at a particular time is a blessing from God.” – A. R. Rahman
44. “God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” – Billy Graham
45. “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.” – Albert Einstein
46. “Before God we are all equally wise – and equally foolish.” – Albert Einstein
47. “God always gives His best to those who leave the choice with him.” – Jim Elliot
48. “God will not look you over for medals degrees or diplomas, but for scars.” – Elbert Hubbard
49. “Prayer does not change God, but it changes him who prays.” – Soren Kierkegaard
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of scripture quotes about life and love.
More quotes about God
50. “God has given you one face, and you make yourself another.” – William Shakespeare
51. “The man who asks for an answer is a fool for a minute and the man who does not ask for an answer is a fool for life.” – P.S. Jagadeesh Kumar
52. “I will neither die for you nor I will die against you, I am immortal, I am God.” – P.S. Jagadeesh Kumar
53. “The End of Every Wildlife is the Same, a PREY and the End of Every Human Life is the Same, a PRAY.” – P.S. Jagadeesh Kumar
54. “Knowing YOU is the Best WAY of Knowing GOD and Knowing GOD is the best WAY of Knowing YOU.” – P.S. Jagadeesh Kumar
55. “The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us.” – C.S. Lewis
56. “Prayer is not asking. It is a longing of the soul. It is daily admission of one’s weakness. It is better in prayer to have a heart without words than words without a heart.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Insightful God quotes to reflect on
57. “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
58. “God has no religion.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
59. “If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph:
THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED
FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD
― Kurt Vonnegut
60. “Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” ― Corrie ten Boom
61. “I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It’s just that the translations have gone wrong.” ― John Lennon
62. “I sought to hear the voice of God and climbed the topmost steeple, but God declared: “Go down again – I dwell among the people.” ― John Henry Newman
63. “Parents are like God because you wanna know they’re out there, and you want them to think well of you, but you really only call when you need something.” ― Chuck Palahniuk
64. “When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, ‘I used everything you gave me.” ― Erma Bombeck
65. “I don’t stand for black man’s side, I don’t stand for white man’s side, I stand for God’s side.” ― Bob Marley
66. “If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans.” ― Woody Allen
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of praise God quotes to praise the glory of God.
God Quotes to Discover Wisdom and Faith
67. “You can get a thousand no’s from people, and only one “yes” from God.” — Tyler Perry
68. “If you think God’s there, He is. If you don’t, He isn’t. And if that’s what God’s like, I wouldn’t worry about it.” — Haruki Murakami
69. “There is but one good; that is God. Everything else is good when it looks to Him and bad when it turns from Him.” — C.S. Lewis
70. “The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God’s eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” — Meister Eckhart
71. “What comes into our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us.” — A.W. Tozer
72. “Let us never forget to pray. God lives. He is near. He is real. He is not only aware of us but cares for us. He is our Father. He is accessible to all who will seek Him.” — Gordon B. Hinckley
73. “It is when we notice the dirt that God is most present in us; it is the very sign of His presence.” — C.S. Lewis
74. “Listen to God with a broken heart. He is not only the doctor who mends it, but also the father who wipes away the tears.” — Criss Jami
75. “The great thing to remember is that though our feelings come and go God’s love for us does not.” — C.S. Lewis
God Quotes to Nurture Your Soul
76. “Thou hast made us for thyself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in thee.” — Augustine of Hippo
77. “The function of prayer is not to influence God, but rather to change the nature of the one who prays.” — Soren Kierkegaard
78. “We are not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be.” — C.S. Lewis
79. “To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you.” — C.S. Lewis
80. “God never gives someone a gift they are not capable of receiving. If he gives us the gift of Christmas, it is because we all have the ability to understand and receive it.” — Pope Francis
81. “Faith is about trusting God when you have unanswered questions.” — Joel Osteen
82. “God’s work done in God’s way will never lack God’s supplies.” — Hudson Taylor
83. “God is a circle whose center is everywhere and circumference nowhere.” — Voltaire
84. “Without God there is for mankind no purpose, no goal, no hope, only a wavering future, an eternal dread of every darkness.” — Jean Paul
85. “The place God calls you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world’s deep need meet.” — Frederick Buechner
86. “The more you succeed in loving, the more you’ll be convinced at the existence of God and the immortality of your soul.” — Fyodor Dostoevsky
87. “When Paul speaks about the gospel of God, he is not saying that it is a message about God, but that it is a message that belongs to God.” ― R.C.Sproul
88. “God promises there are better days ahead.” ― Dr. Ted A.
89. “We’re influenced by the preachers and sermons we hear. God speaks to us through them.” ― Rob Westbrook
90. “The motion of God will help you to choose to create rather than react.” ― Debra Ann
91. “With the help of the Holy Spirit you can then evaluate not only the things of man but also the things of God – not just the how but the why.” ― Brian Johnston
92. “When we finally see what God has called us to do, we can look back and realize that our past is the key to unlocking the ‘door’ to our purpose.” ― E’yen A Gardner
93. “When people are expecting God to bring revival in the way they have known in the past but it actually comes in a totally different form, it seems easy for them to reject it.” ― David Herzog
94. “There’s never a day that goes by that I don’t think about God. More than thinking, I experience the presence of God in most of my waking moments.” ― Wayne Dyer
95. “God hears you when you cry out in your difficult circumstances and His answer is yes!” ― Linda J. Kemp Revis
96. “Do not be thinking of how little you have to bring God, but of how much He wants to give you.” ― Andrew Murray
Which of these God quotes inspired you to learn more
If the quotes above have you interested in finding out more about God, there are many places you can go for more information.
Many times you will see quotes about God coming out of the Bible.
There are no Bible verses included above, but it’s another resource that you can use for more information.
Or, you can choose one of the quotes above and look for more information and quotes from that same person.
Religion and beliefs can be complicated to understand.
If you have questions continue exploring and looking for answers.
Being confused doesn’t mean that you don’t believe, you just might need to have some more questions answered.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these uplifting God quotes?
Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.