God Quotes to Help You Learn About God
April 21, 2022 5:00 AM EST
If you are looking for answers in life, these God quotes will help you find direction and purpose.
When it comes to religion there are many different kinds of beliefs out there.
Whether you know what you believe or are still looking for answers, learning from others can help you explore what your beliefs are.
Do you believe in God?
The following God quotes will give you a picture of who God is and what he looks like.
They will give you a better understanding of why people believe in God and the difference that their relationship with him is able to make in their lives.
Don’t forget to also check out our list of religious quotes to spread faith and compassion.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Explore our complete collection of motivational quotes here.
God quotes about finding Him
1. “Always, everywhere God is present, and always He seeks to discover Himself to each one.” – A.W. Tozer
You will also enjoy our article on God’s plan quotes.
2. “We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature – trees, flowers, grass – grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence… We need silence to be able to touch souls.” – Mother Teresa
God quotes about how he uses your failure
3. “Being human means you will make mistakes. And you will make mistakes, because failure is God’s way of moving you in another direction.” – Oprah Winfrey
You will also enjoy our article on Christian quotes.
4. “In our trials and failures, God desires to draw us closer to him through his Word, prayer, and the saints.” – Gregory Brown
You will also enjoy our article on God is good quotes.
5. “God never said that the journey would be easy, but He did say that the arrival would be worthwhile.” – Max Lucado
6. “God will meet you where you are in order to take you where He wants you to go.” – Tony Evans
Quotes about God’s love
7. “God’s truth judges created things out of love, and Satan’s truth judges them out of envy and hatred.” – Dietrich Bonhoeffer
8. “God loves each of us as if there were only one of us.” – Augustine
9. “No matter what has happened to you in the past or what is going on in your life right now, it has no power to keep you from having an amazingly good future if you will walk by faith in God. God loves you! He wants you to live with victory over sin so you can possess His promises for your life today!” – Joyce Meyer
10. “God said that when we have His joy that our joy would be full or leveled up, in other words that His joy will satisfy us.” – Sahne Callahan
11. “God is love. God proved His love not by His need of us, but by His giving to us.” – T.D. Jakes
12. “Jesus’s command to follow him is a command to align our loves and longings with his – to want what God wants, to desire what God desires, to hunger and thirst after God and crave a world where he is all in all -a vision encapsulated by the shorthand ‘the kingdom of God’.” – James K. A. Smith
13. “There is no one who is insignificant in the purpose of God.” – Alistair Begg
14. “God does not give us everything we want, but He does fulfill His promises, leading us along the best and straightest paths to Himself.” – Dietrich Bonhoeffer
15. “There is nothing you could ever do that would change the way God feels about you.” – John Burke
You might also like these baptism quotes and verses explaining the religious importance.
God quotes on how to live for Him
16. “When the solution is simple, God is answering.” – Albert Einstein
17. “Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God’s side, for God is always right.” – Abraham Lincoln
18. “Whether it is the big picture of God that is distorted, or little tidbits of Him that have been twisted over the years, we need to make sure our definition of God is in line with scripture.” – Michelle Lynn Brown
19. “God knows your heart and is not concerned with your words as He is with the attitude of your heart.” – Jeanette Duby
20. “Living for God requires that we yield our thoughts to Him. Meaning every thought should be filtered through the Father.” – Lynn R. Davis
21. “You should be courageous, not because of who you are and what you’ve done, but because of who God is and what He has done!” – Wayne A. Mack
22. “God’s word is not just to be heard and repeated; it is to be breathed, lived, and emulated with each action.” – Steve Maraboli
God quotes on who he is and what he’s like
23. “God, as Truth, has been for me a treasure beyond price. May He be so to every one of us.” – Mahatma Gandhi
24. “The blame is his who chooses: God is blameless.” – Plato
25. “If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent Him.” – Voltaire
26. “God is, even though the whole world deny him. Truth stands, even if there be no public support. It is self-sustained.” – Mahatma Gandhi
27. “Your talent is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.” – Leo Buscaglia
28. “Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God’s handwriting.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
29. “God always strives together with those who strive.” – Aeschylus
30. “People say that God doesn’t speak directly to us, but I know that if you want to hear what God is saying to you, all you have to do is ask.” – Jodi Arndt
31. “We may ignore, but we can nowhere evade the presence of God. The world is crowded with Him. He walks everywhere incognito.” – C.S. Lewis
32. “He is the same God, yesterday, today, and forever. He is our heavenly Father who is merciful, kind, and full of compassion.” – Vincent KMC
33. “God writes the Gospel not in the Bible alone, but also on trees, and in the flowers and clouds and stars.” – Martin Luther
You might also like these profound devil quotes that will help you triumph against evil.
God quotes that will lift your spirits
34. “…the world may be tilted toward the rich and powerful, God is tilted toward the underdog.” – Philip Yancey
35. “So at least let me briefly state that the Bible is not man’s best thoughts about God, but rather-and there is ample evidence- the Bible is in fact God’s thoughts on paper.” – Michael Fabarez
36. “God’s word is tailor-made for gray-slush days. It sends a beam of light through the fog. It signals safety when we fear we’ll never make it through.” – Charles R. Swindoll
37. “Even though God gave mankind through the power of choice the ability to apply and accept wisdom and knowledge, He also gave us the choice whether to accept His ways along with wisdom and knowledge.” – Carol Bright
38. “We are finite beings, and God is infinitely greater than any thoughts we can contain about divine reality in our wondrous but tiny minds.” – Miroslav Volf
39. “The Preaching of the gospel is a great opportunity to share with the people of God some wonderful and enriching insights that shed a tremendous light unveiling the truths of God.” – Dr. Joseph R Rogers Sr
40. “God chose Mary for many reasons, but many are left wondering why He picked a women as young, poor, and vulnerable as Mary. Perhaps it was to demonstrate that God sees everyone as equals, and there is no class distinction when it comes to Kingdom matters.” – Sarah Lawrence
41. “At Bethlehem, God struck a blow to liberate the world from sin and death. And his front line soldier was a tiny baby boy.” – Ray Pritchard
42. “Whatever your heart clings to and confides in, that is really your God.” – Martin Luther
43. “I believe that whatever comes at a particular time is a blessing from God.” – A. R. Rahman
44. “God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” – Billy Graham
45. “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.” – Albert Einstein
46. “Before God we are all equally wise – and equally foolish.” – Albert Einstein
47. “God always gives His best to those who leave the choice with him.” – Jim Elliot
48. “God will not look you over for medals degrees or diplomas, but for scars.” – Elbert Hubbard
49. “Prayer does not change God, but it changes him who prays.” – Soren Kierkegaard
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of scripture quotes about life and love.
More quotes about God
50. “God has given you one face, and you make yourself another.” – William Shakespeare
51. “The man who asks for an answer is a fool for a minute and the man who does not ask for an answer is a fool for life.” – P.S. Jagadeesh Kumar
52. “I will neither die for you nor I will die against you, I am immortal, I am God.” – P.S. Jagadeesh Kumar
53. “The End of Every Wildlife is the Same, a PREY and the End of Every Human Life is the Same, a PRAY.” – P.S. Jagadeesh Kumar
54. “Knowing YOU is the Best WAY of Knowing GOD and Knowing GOD is the best WAY of Knowing YOU.” – P.S. Jagadeesh Kumar
55. “The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us.” – C.S. Lewis
56. “Prayer is not asking. It is a longing of the soul. It is daily admission of one’s weakness. It is better in prayer to have a heart without words than words without a heart.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Insightful God quotes to reflect on
57. “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
58. “God has no religion.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
59. “If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph:
THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED
FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD
― Kurt Vonnegut
60. “Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” ― Corrie ten Boom
61. “I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It’s just that the translations have gone wrong.” ― John Lennon
62. “I sought to hear the voice of God and climbed the topmost steeple, but God declared: “Go down again – I dwell among the people.” ― John Henry Newman
63. “Parents are like God because you wanna know they’re out there, and you want them to think well of you, but you really only call when you need something.” ― Chuck Palahniuk
64. “When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, ‘I used everything you gave me.” ― Erma Bombeck
65. “I don’t stand for black man’s side, I don’t stand for white man’s side, I stand for God’s side.” ― Bob Marley
66. “If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans.” ― Woody Allen
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of praise God quotes to praise the glory of God.
Which of these God quotes inspired you to learn more
If the quotes above have you interested in finding out more about God, there are many places you can go for more information.
Many times you will see quotes about God coming out of the Bible.
There are no Bible verses included above, but it’s another resource that you can use for more information.
Or, you can choose one of the quotes above and look for more information and quotes from that same person.
Religion and beliefs can be complicated to understand.
If you have questions continue exploring and looking for answers.
Being confused doesn’t mean that you don’t believe, you just might need to have some more questions answered.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these uplifting God quotes?
Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.