Sin Quotes To Uplift Your Spirit
December 22, 2022 8:00 AM EST
Check out these exciting sin quotes.
Were you wondering about sin?
What is sin?
Sin is a difficult concept to define.
Tell us which sin quote most resonated with you in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these sin quotes?
When many see “sin,” it automatically conjures beliefs or ideas from organized religions.
People associate sin with views from the religious teachings of the various faiths, including:
However, associating sin with organized religion creates oversimplifications of complex ideas.
At its core, defining sin is based on moral judgments.
Various geographical and cultural values impact these judgments, and they change depending on who you ask.
The word “sin” has been around for a long time.
It is an old English word derived from the Greek concept “syn,” and initially applied to archery.
Originally, sin meant to “miss the mark” or miss a target.
Today, for many people, to “sin” is to miss the mark in our life’s journey, make a mistake, or make a choice that goes counter to our integrity.
Top 10 sin quotes
1. “I know what sin is.” — Brigitte Bardot
2. “Sin is geographical.” — Bertrand Russell
3. “In art, the obvious is a sin.” — Edward Dmytryk
4. “Remorse is the pain of sin.” — Theodore Parker
5. “There is no sin but ignorance.” — Christopher Marlowe
6. “The only deadly sin I know is cynicism.” — Henry L. Stimson
7. “I always say beauty is only sin deep.” — Hector Hugh Munro
8. “Sin is still sin – no matter how you spell it.” — Edwin Louis Cole
9. “A ‘sin’ is something which is not necessary.” — George Gurdjieff
10. “Desire of having is the sin of covetousness.” — William Shakespeare
Sin quotes from the bible
11. “Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, to make you obey its passions.” — Romans 6
12. “For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace.” — Romans 6
13. “Everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness.” — 1 John 3
14. “I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.” — Galatians 5
15. “No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him.” — 1 John 3
16. “For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.” — 2 Corinthians 5:21
17. “But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death.” — James 1:14–15
18. “Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. On account of these the wrath of God is coming.” — Colossians 3
19. “Do not present your members to sin as instruments for unrighteousness, but present yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life, and your members to God as instruments for righteousness.” — Romans 6
20. “Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned—for sin indeed was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not counted where there is no law.” — Romans 5
Thoughtful sin quotes to make you think
21. “Riches cannot be gathered without sin and evil means.” — Guru Nanak
22. “It is right to hate sin, but not to hate the sinner.” — Giovanni Guareschi
23. “The faking of feelings is a sin against the imagination.” — Seamus Heaney
24. “Change is the only constant. Hanging on is the only sin.” — Denise McCluggage
25. “If you tell a lie to make a person better, then that is not a sin.” — Sun Myung Moon
26. “If it be a sin to covet honor, I am the most offending soul.” — William Shakespeare
27. “Going to the opera, like getting drunk, is a sin that carries its own punishment with it.” — Hannah More
28. “The first and greatest punishment of the sinner is the conscience of sin.” — Lucius Annaeus Seneca
29. “Toil is man’s allotment; toil of brain, or toil of hands, or a grief that’s more than either, the grief and sin of idleness.” — Herman Melville
30. “Today, I love myself as I love my god: who could charge me with a sin today? I know only sins against my god; but who knows my god?” — Friedrich Nietzsche
Sin quotes about love, evil, and danger
31. “Sin does not stop God’s grace from flowing, but God’s grace will stop sin.” — Joseph Prince
32. “Pride is the master sin of the devil, and the devil is the father of lies.” — Edwin Hubbel Chapin
33. “To sin offers repentance and forgiveness; not to sin offers only punishment.” — Jose Bergamin
34. “The seven deadly sins should be updated. We should add an eighth sin: Cowardice.” — Gad Saad
35. “You cannot be responsible for salvation until first, you’ve been responsible for sin.” — Edwin Louis Cole
36. “To abstain from sin when one can no longer sin is to be forsaken by sin, not to forsake it.” — Saint Augustine
37. “They sin who tell us Love can die: with life, all other passions fly, all others are but vanity.” — Robert Southey
38. “The wages of sin are death, but by the time taxes are taken out, it’s just sort of a tired feeling.” — Paula Poundstone
39. “Who are you to condemn another’s sin? He who condemns sin becomes part of it, espouses it.” — Georges Bernanos
40. “But if we continue in sin, and rebel and harden our hearts, we shall become so inured and fixed in it, that it will be natural, and we shall choose it from time to time.” — Elias Hicks
Short sin quotes about life
41. “There’s no such thing as an original sin.” — Elvis Costello
42. “I wish it were not a sin to have liked it so.” — Veronica Franco
43. “It is a sin not to do what one is capable of doing.” — Jose Marti
44. “Banking was conceived in iniquity and born in sin.” — Josiah Stamp
45. “It is the public scandal that offends; to sin in secret is no sin at all.” — Moliere
46. “Success is the one unpardonable sin against our fellows.” — Ambrose Bierce
47. “The unforgivable political sin is vanity; the killer diet is sour grapes.” — Neil Kinnock
48. “Pride is a sin that can readily be seen in others but is rarely admitted in ourselves.” — Ezra Taft Benso
49. “If it were possible to have a life absolutely free from every feeling of sin, what a terrifying vacuum it would be.” — Cesare Pavese
50. “The truth doesn’t lie. It’s up in your face. It’s in your conscience. It challenges your very being with the intention of cleaning you of sin and its influence.” — Monica Johnson
What are your thoughts on sin?
People often follow certain practices because they desire a framework to form their belief systems.
However, most of the human race is born with a conscience, and most human beings intuitively know right from wrong.
Some people feel more comfortable with “rule books” that they can use to help them determine what sin is and what is not.
Limiting the concept of “sin” to a particular religious practice does not fully encompass the concept’s scope.
Just as one person’s freedom fighter is another person’s terrorist, one person’s sin can be another person’s triumph.
A sin is a judgment about our actions or thoughts.
There is no magic sin eater that erases your missteps, just as there is no sin calculator keeping score of all of your successes and disappointments.
In the end, you are the ultimate judge of your actions.
What are your thoughts on sin?
Let us know in the comments.