Read these fearless quotes for an instant boost of courage!
Be sure to tell us which one inspired you the most in the comment section below.
The potential for danger to manifest is a part of life, and it is not something we can avoid.
On the bright side, this means that it is perfectly natural and normal for us to feel fear.
Bengali poet and philosopher Rabindranath Tagore once said, “Let us not pray to be sheltered from dangers but to be fearless when facing them.”
Fear is one of the oldest primal energies on planet earth and can be an absolutely debilitating human response.
On the one hand, it can take the wind out of our sails, manifest into negative self-speak, and result in low self-esteem.
Conversely, fear can also bring out the best in us and drive us toward our goals.
It all comes back to how our own perceptions and ideas take shape.
Let these fearless quotes give you the courage to face your fears starting today!
Short fearless quotes that encourage you to be fierce
1. “You’ve got to be fearless.” — Robert Horry
2. “Fate loves the fearless.” — James Russell Lowell
3. “Fear—who cares?” ― Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love
4. “Fearless people are interesting to watch.” — Ron Perlman
5. “Be fearless, be brave, be bold, love yourself.” — Haruki Murakami
6. “Fear doesn’t exist anywhere except in the mind.” — Dale Carnegie
7. “Beneath every excuse lies a fear. Practice being fearless.” — Robin Sharma
8. “Fear only becomes powerful when you give it your power.” — Robin Sharma
9. “When you explore your fears, then you set yourself free.” — Stephen Richards
10. “Everything you’ve ever wanted is sitting on the other side of fear.” — George Addair
Fearless quotes from Taylor Swift and other famous people
11. “I don’t think you should wait. I think you should speak now.” ― Taylor Swift
12. “I think loving someone, despite what people think, is fearless.” — Taylor Swift
13. “I’m strong and fearless and not afraid to take risks in business.” — Khloe Kardashian
14. “To me, fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you to death.” — Taylor Swift
15. “People are going to judge you anyway, so you might as well do what you want.” — Taylor Swift
16. “I’m fearless. I don’t complain. Even when horrible things happen to me, I go on.” — Sofia Vergara
17. “Being FEARLESS isn’t being 100% Not FEARFUL, it’s being terrified, but you jump anyway…” ― Taylor Swift
18. “FEARLESS is getting back up and fighting for what you want over and over again….even though every time you’ve tried before, you’ve lost.” ― Taylor Swift
19. “The ads all call me fearless, but that’s just publicity. Anyone who thinks I’m not scared out of my mind whenever I do one of my stunts is crazier than I am.” — Jackie Chan
20. “And when someone apologizes to you enough times for things, they’ll never stop doing, I think it’s FEARLESS to stop believing them. It’s FEARLESS to say “you’re NOT sorry,” and walk away.” — Taylor Swift
Inspirational fearless quotes
21. “Do the thing you fear and the death of fear is certain.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
22. “Be exactly who you are. You can fit in any space you see yourself in. Be fearless.” — Dawn Richard
23. “It takes a fearless, unflinching love and deep humility to accept the universe as it is.” ― Ann Druyan
24. “Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers but to be fearless in facing them.” — Rabindranath Tagore
25. “You have two choices, to conquer your fear or to let your fear conquer you.” ― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
26. “To escape fear, you have to go through it, not around.” ― Richie Norton, Résumés Are Dead and What to Do About It
27. “Courage is feeling fear, not getting rid of fear, and taking action in the face of fear.” ― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
28. “The power of one, if fearless and focused, is formidable, but the power of many working together is better.” — Gloria Macapagal Arroyo
29. “Be strong, be fearless, be beautiful. And believe that anything is possible when you have the right people there to support you.” — Misty Copeland
30. “You don’t have to be fast. But you’d better be fearless.” ― Christopher McDougall, Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen
Fearless quotes about being human and age
31. “No human is completely fearless.” — Wole Soyinka
32. “People think I’m fearless. But I’m human.” — Megyn Kelly
33. “Watch a child play, and you will see real power. They are fearless.” — Gray Scott
34. “The good part about youngsters is that they are so fearless. You want to be like them.” — Sunil Chhetri
35. “Teenagers are a great audience and they are fearless about asking what they want to know.” — Sarah Dessen
36. “I don’t always feel fierce and fearless, but I do feel like I’m a rock star at being human.” — Tracee Ellis Ross
37. “Millennials are a bit more free-spirited, more able to go into new places, to feel more assertive and fearless about trying new things.” — Payal Kadakia
38. “I was quite fearless as a kid. But I’ve had to realize I’m not invincible. That’s what breaking your back does. It makes you grow up and reassess life.” — Orlando Bloom
39. “I used to be really afraid and anxious of taking on too much, and the older I’m getting, the more fearless I’m becoming. Life is so much more relaxed when you’re like that.” — Alesha Dixon
40. “The older people that one admires seem to be fearless. They go right out into the world. It’s astounding. Maybe they can’t see or they can’t hear, but they walk out into the street and take life as it comes. They’re models of courage, in a strange way.” — James Hillman
Quotes about taking risks despite the potential failure
41. “It’s not about being fearless, it’s about acting in spite of fear.” — Veronica Roth
42. “Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out.” — Benjamin Franklin
43. “Be fearless. Have the courage to take risks. Go where there are no guarantees.” — Katie Couric
44. “When you’re fearless, you take more risks because you’re less conscious of failure or what can go wrong.” — Brett Ratner
45. “Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold.” — Helen Keller
46. “The one who falls and gets up is stronger than the one who never tried. Do not fear failure but rather fear not trying.” — Roy T. Bennett
47. “I think it is important to be fearless in life. I have always made fearless choices. Some have worked; the others haven’t.” — Vivek Oberoi
48. “Being fearless of failure arms you to break the rules. In doing so, you may change the culture and just possibly, for a moment, change life itself.” — Malcolm McLaren
49. “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” — Dale Carnegie
50. “Survival is not about being fearless. It’s about making a decision, getting on and doing it because I want to see my kids again, or whatever the reason might be.” — Bear Grylls
What does being fearless look like?
What does it truly mean to be fearless?
Does being fearless lead to a higher quality of life?
Being fearless does not mean being foolish.
Fearless means standing in the face of adversity; foolish means looking for danger and seeking it out.
We are often told to be fearless on our journey, but it is important to remember the difference between being fearless and having a healthy respect for powerful things.
For example, many of us love the ocean, yet it is prudent to have a healthy fear of what it can do.
We use that healthy fear to inform our decision-making while we are at the beach enjoying the ocean.
When we shift our perceptions, it can transform fear into excitement.
Remember that, as powerful of an energy that fear is, it too can be harnessed for our benefit.
Which of these fearless quotes resonated with what being fearless means to you?
Let us know in the comments.
September 9, 2022 9:00 AM EST