These Terminator quotes from the franchise will remind you what makes these action films so iconic.
Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator has been an essential part of our pop culture since the mid-80s.
Tell us your favorite scene from Terminator in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these Terminator quotes?
Think about it, how many times have you left the room and said to your buddies in a deep voice, “I’ll be back.”?
James Cameron is known for making incredible movies with amazing special effects, great acting, and quotable dialogue.
The Terminator franchise is no different.
And, like most franchises, even though the first couple of movies are the best in the series, we think there are quotable lines from every movie.
We can also learn several life lessons from these Terminator quotes, including:
- the future is not set in stone, and we can make our own destiny
- robots shouldn’t be given so much power and control
- do what you think is right
So, without further ado, here are our favorite quotes from the Terminator franchise.
Don’t forget to check out these James Bond quotes about life as a secret agent.
Also, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily wisdom.
See the rest of our quote database for even more inspirational ideas and thoughts.
The Best Terminator Quotes
1. “I’ll be back.” — Terminator
2. “The future has not been written. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.” — John Connor
3. “This Is The World Now. Logged On, Plugged In, All The Time.” — John Connor
4. “Come with me if you want to live.” — Kyle Reese
5. “You just can’t go around killing people.” — John Connor
6. “The unknown future rolls toward us. I face it for the first time with a sense of hope.” — Sarah Conner
7. “Hasta la vista, baby.” — Terminator
8. “Drop dead, you a**hole!” — Kate Brewster
9. “I’m back.” — Terminator
10. “You are terminated.” — Terminator
11. John Connor: Jesus! You were going to kill that guy!
The Terminator: Of course. I’m a Terminator.
You might also like these Grease quotes from the classic musical.
Terminator quotes from Sarah Connor
12. “You’re terminated, f****r!” — Sara Connor
13. “Watching John with the machine, it was suddenly so clear. The Terminator would never stop. It would never leave him, and it would never hurt him, never shout at him, or get drunk and hit him, or say it was too busy to spend time with him. It would always be there, and it would die to protect him. Of all the would-be fathers who came and went over the years, this thing, this machine, was the only one who measured up. In an insane world, it was the sanest choice.” — Sarah Connor
14. “If a machine, a terminator, can learn the value of human life, maybe we can, too.” — Sarah Connor
Terminator quotes from John Connor
15. “All my life, my mother told me the storm was coming – Judgment Day, the beginning of a war between man and machines.” — John Connor
16. “Three billion lives were vanished in an instant. And I would lead what was left of the human race to ultimate victory. It hasn’t happened, no bombs fell, computers didn’t take control. We stopped Judgment Day.” — John Connor
17. “No, no, no. You got to listen to the way people talk. You don’t say “affirmative” or some s**t like that. You say, “No problemo.” And if someone comes up to you with an attitude, you say, “Eat me.” And if you want to shine them on, it’s, “Hasta la vista, baby.” — John Connor
Memorable Terminator quotes
18. “Come with me if you want to live.” — Terminator
19. “Your foster parents are dead.” — Terminator
20. “I know now why you cry, but it’s something I can never do.” — Terminator
21. “I don’t know how much longer I can hold this.” — Terminator
22. “I like this car.” — Terminator
23. “I need your clothes, your boots, and your motorcycle.” — Terminator
24. “Your clothes. Give them to me. Now.” — Terminator
25. “You must live.” — Terminator
What do you think makes The Terminator such an iconic franchise?
When the first two Terminator films were released in 1984 and 1991, they set the foundation for the next four in the franchise by creating a compelling story that mixed science fiction and film noir.
The result was a badass science-fiction action film that featured a badass female protagonist, and what’s not to love about that?
The first two movies in the film series followed the same theme -that our fates are not sealed and that we have control over our destinies.
Even though we’re not all John and Sarah Connor, destined to stop Judgement Day and lead humanity to victory over an army of machines, this theme still resonates with us in the real world.
You can always change your destiny no matter what path you are on.
We hope you enjoyed these Terminator quotes and lines.
Let us know your favorite quote in the comments below.
Please share this article with your friends on social media who love the movie!
November 22, 2022 7:15 AM EST