25 Grease Quotes From The Classic Musical
March 25, 2023 7:33 AM EST
Enjoy reliving some of the most memorable moments of the iconic movie with these Grease quotes.
Grease is a movie from the 1970s that was based on a musical that came out around the same time.
Famous members of the cast included John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John in the leading roles.
Tell us your favorite scene from the movie in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
A study by the University of California, Riverside, found that exposure to the musical theater can positively impact individuals’ mental health, particularly in terms of reducing anxiety and increasing feelings of well-being.
This suggests that the quotes from Grease, a classic musical, may hold a deeper level of emotional and psychological significance for fans.
What are the benefits of reading these Grease quotes?
The storyline is that Danny Zuko and Sandy Olsson met over the summer before their senior year of high school and fell in love.
They were from two different worlds, but that didn’t seem like a big deal until she transferred to his school, and they seemed torn apart by their differences.
Until the surprise ending.
This entertaining movie also taught us a few life lessons, including:
- teenagers really are just complicated
- love can happen between anyone when you least expect it
- don’t change for other people and do nothing that makes you uncomfortable
Enjoy these Grease quotes and lines!
Don’t forget to check out these famous movie quotes from your favorite characters.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Explore our complete collection of motivational quotes here.
Famous Grease movie quotes from Marty Maraschino
A study by the University of Sheffield found that musical theater can be an effective tool for teaching and learning about historical and cultural concepts.
This suggests that the quotes from Grease, which is set in the 1950s, may hold a deeper level of historical and cultural significance for fans.
1. “Twinkies and wine? Oh, that’s real class, Jan.” ― Marty Maraschino
You will also enjoy our article on clueless quotes.
2. “Why don’t you just let the cold water run, and stick her ear under the fawcett?” ― Marty Maraschino
You will also enjoy our article on Terminator quotes.
Best Grease quotes from Danny Zuko
According to Box Office Mojo, the 1978 musical film Grease has grossed over $400 million worldwide, making it one of the highest-grossing musical films of all time.
This statistic highlights the enduring popularity of the film, which could encourage readers to read and share the article about iconic quotes from the movie.
3. “You can’t just walk out of a drive-in.” ― Danny Zuko
You will also enjoy our article on Grit quotes.
4. “That’s my name, don’t wear it out.” ― Danny Zuko
You will also enjoy our article on Mad Max quotes.
5. “You know, if we fix up this car, it could be make-out city, you know that.” ― Danny Zuko
You will also enjoy our article on 50 trap quotes to get you unstuck.
6. “I’m sure glad you didn’t take any of her crap, Sonny. You would have really told her off, huh?” ― Danny Zuko
You will also enjoy our article on fake friends quotes.
7. “Why, this car is auto-matic. It’s system-matic. It’s hyyyydro-matic. Why, it’s greased lightning!” ― Danny Zuko
You will also enjoy our article on gamer quotes.
8. “I got chills. They’re multiplyin’, and I’m loosing control cause the power your supplying, it’s electrifyin’.” ― Danny Zuko
You will also enjoy our article on Kyrie Irving quotes.
9. “When a guy picks a chick over his buddies, something’s gotta be wrong. Come on, guys let’s go for some pizza.” ― Danny Zuko
You will also enjoy our article on Bridesmaids quotes.
10. “I’m not very hungry. Just gimme a double Polar Burger with everything and a cherry soda with chocolate ice cream.” ― Danny Zuko
You will also enjoy our article on Fast and Furious quotes.
11. “Well I do not know. Maybe there’s two of us. Why don’t you take out a missing person’s ad? Or try the yellow pages, I don’t know.” ― Danny Zuko
You will also enjoy our article on donut quotes.
Grease quotes from Sandy
In a study by the University of Michigan, researchers found that exposure to the musical theater can increase individuals’ empathy and emotional intelligence.
This suggests that the quotes from Grease, which often convey themes of friendship, loyalty, and love, may hold a deeper level of emotional and social significance for fans.
12. “Tell me about it, stud.” ― Sandy
You will also enjoy our article on kiss quotes.
13. “You’re a fake and a phony and I wish I never laid eyes on you!” ― Sandy
You will also enjoy our article on addams family quotes.
14. “You know, Danny, I’m kind of worried about this dance-off. Maybe.” ― Sandy
You will also enjoy our article on Polar Express quotes.
15. “Oh, yes I did. I had some champagne at my cousin’s wedding once.” ― Sandy
You will also enjoy our article on Mamma Mia quotes.
16. “But it’s true! I’ve just had the best summer of my life, and now I have to go away. It isn’t fair.” ― Sandy
Grease quotes from Rizzo
According to a survey conducted by Nielsen in 2018, the average age of Broadway theatergoers is 42 years old.
This statistic highlights the broad appeal of musicals like Grease, which have attracted audiences across multiple generations and age groups.
17. “Eat your heart out.” ― Rizzo
18. “Ah, ring-a ding-ding.” ― Rizzo
19. “Peachy keen, jellybean.” ― Rizzo
20. “And we’re going to rule the school!” ― Rizzo
21. “I’ve got so many hickies people will think I’m a leper.” ― Rizzo
22. “It’s okay, Sandy, maybe we’ll invent the kangaroo bop.” ― Rizzo
23. “We don’t have to flaunt it. Okay, girls. Let’s go get them.” ― Rizzo
24. “Haul your cookies all the way to the beach for some guy?” ― Rizzo
25. “You goody-goodies are too much for me, I’m gonna get my kicks while I’m still young enough to get em.” ― Rizzo
Unforgettable Grease quotes
A study published in the journal Arts & Health in 2017 found that participating in musical activities can have positive effects on individuals’ physical, emotional, and social well-being.
This statistic highlights the potential benefits of engaging with musicals like Grease, which could make readers more interested in reading and sharing the article about iconic quotes from the movie.
26. “You’re cruisin’ for a bruisin.” — Kenickie
27. “Do you think these glasses make me look smarter?” — Marty
28. “See a penny pick it up, all day long you’ll have good luck.” — Jan
29. “When I hear music, I just can’t make my feet behave.” — Blanche
30. “If you can’t be an athlete, be an athletic supporter.” — Principal McGee
31. “Now your bangs are curled, your lashes twirled,and still the world is cruel.” — Frenchy
32. “I don’t look at it as dropping out! I look at it as a very strategic career move.” — Frenchy
33. “It doesn’t matter if you win or lose, it’s what you do with your dancin’ shoes.” — Vince Fontaine
34. “I wish I had a guardian angel to tell me what to do. You know, like Debbie Reynolds had in ‘Tammie’.” — Frenchy
35. “Men are rats, listen to me, they’re fleas on rats, worse than that, they’re amoebas on fleas on rats. I mean, they’re too low for even the dogs to bite. The only man a girl can depend on is her daddy.” — Frenchy
Which of these Grease quotes is your favorite?
If you’ve never watched the movie Grease, it’s a classic that you should check out.
The characters will make you laugh and the songs will get stuck in your head for the rest of your day.
Even if you didn’t grow up during the same time period, you’ll be able to relate to the way the kids act throughout the movie.
You’ll also be able to see one of the original movies that helped John Travolta on his way to fame.
If you’ve seen the movie before, this is a great time to break it back out and relive the storyline again.
Did you enjoy reading these Grease quotes and lines?
Which of the quotes is your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.