The future can be defined as “what will happen in the time after the present.” It is what many of us plan, study, work and dream for.
Although we might not always know how to make it happen, we all want a better future.
If you’re unhappy with your life the way it is, the good news is you can begin creating your own future right now. Right in this very moment.
The future is always important but not without a direct focus on the present. You possess the ability to create and nurture your future in the present moment.
This means that you should always have tomorrow in mind whenever you make choices and commitments, and plan before you take action.
Here are some inspirational future quotes to motivate you to use your Everyday Power to create your own future.
Enjoy reading them, and after you’re done, be sure to also check out our collection of Nikola Tesla quotes about the future.
Future quotes about success and dreams
1. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
2. “Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forwards.” ― Søren Kierkegaard
3. “The future depends on what we do in the present.” – Mahatma Gandhi
4. “Even if you fall on your face you’re still moving forward.” – Victor Kiam
5. “No matter how dirty your past is, your future is still spotless.” – Drake
6. “There is nothing like a dream to create the future.” – Victor Hugo
7. The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. – Abraham Lincoln
8. “Always remember that the future comes one day at a time” – Dean Acheson
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Nikola Tesla quotes from the iconic inventor.
9. The only thing we know about the future is that it will be different. – Peter Drucker
10. A speculator is a man who observes the future, and acts before it occurs. – Bernard Baruch
Also read these motivational promise quotes about keeping your word that will remind you to always be honest and honorable.
Inspirational future quotes to help you focus on your dreams and goals
11. If we open a quarrel between past and present, we shall find that we have lost the future. – Winston Churchill
12. Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine. – Nikola Tesla
13. “If we could unfold the future, the present would be our greatest care.” – Edward Counsel
14. “You cannot change your future. But you can change your habits. And surely your habits will change your future.” – A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
15. “You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backward. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something–your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.” – Steve Jobs
16. “If there is hope in the future, there is literally power in the present.” – Zig Ziglar
17. “Go for it now. The future is promised to no one.” – Wayne Dyer
18. “Do not watch the clock. Do what it does. Keep going.” – Sam Levenson
19. “What you do today can improve all your tomorrows.” – Ralph Marston
20. The future rewards those who press on. I don’t have time to feel sorry for myself. I don’t have time to complain. I’m going to press on. – Barack Obama
Also, read these planning quotes and sayings that will inspire you to take control of your future.
Future quotes to help you plan for it
21. Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today. – Malcolm X
22. Change your life today. Don’t gamble on the future, act now, without delay. – Simone de Beauvoir
23. “The future is there… looking back at us. Trying to make sense of the fiction we will have become.” ― William Gibson
24. You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today. – Abraham Lincoln
25. We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility for our future. – George Bernard Shaw
26. Even though the future seems far away, it is actually beginning right now. – Mattie Stepanek
27. “The future starts today, not tomorrow.” – Pope John Paul II
28. The future is not an inheritance, it is an opportunity and an obligation. – Bill Clinton
29. Real generosity toward the future lies in giving all to the present. – Albert Camus
30. Humanity does not know where to go because no one is waiting for it: not even God. – Antonio Porchia
Uplifting future quotes to help you look on the bright side
31. I got a bright future ahead of me. – Justin Bieber
32. In this bright future you can’t forget your past. – Bob Marley
33. “Hope: Belief in a bright future.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
34. I guess short films have a bright future… The advantage is budget. – Anurag Kashyap
35. “It always seems impossible until it is done.” ~ Nelson Mandela
36. “Look beyond the present circumstances, imagine a brighter future.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
37. “The past gave us experience and made us wiser so that we can create a beautiful and brighter future.” ― Debasish Mridha
38. When I started my campaign for Congress, I was one who people said, ‘Tulsi, you have a bright future, but there’s no way you can win.’ – Tulsi Gabbard
39. Being fully present is the best guarantee for a bright future. – Guy Finley
40. Always in motion is the future. – YODA
Future quotes to elevate your perspective
41. The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power. – Unknown
42. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. – Buddha
43. “When did the future switch from being a promise to being a threat?” ― Chuck Palahniuk
44. “Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.” – Jim Rohn
45. We did not come to fear the future. We came here to shape it. – BARACK OBAMA
46. We steal if we touch tomorrow. It is God’s. – Henry Ward Beecher
47. The future was always more important than the past. – PAUL PARK
48. I never think of the future. It comes soon enough. – Albert Einstein
49. My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there. – Charles F. Kettering
50. When all else is lost, the future still remains. – Christian Nevell Bovee
Future quotes to broaden your thoughts
51. “The future is up for grabs. It belongs to any and all who will take the risk and accept the responsibility of consciously creating the future they want.”― Robert Anton Wilson
52. “Sometimes we have to soak ourselves in the tears and fears of the past to water our future gardens.”― Suzy Kassem
53. “We cannot always build a future for our youth, but we can always build our youth for the future.”― Franklin D. Roosevelt
54. “Your future is your own again. And I consider that to be a happy ending to the story.”― Lisa Mangum
55. “The future is not something we enter. The future is something we create.”― Leonard I. Sweet
56. “The future is in the skies.”― Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
57. “Your future is only as bright as your mind is open.”― Rich Wilkins
58. “Be careful not to look so far ahead, that you miss what’s in front of you.”― Jeremy Aldana
59. “She had no idea what the future would hold for any of them, beyond possibilities as infinite as the stars. And really, that was enough.”― Melissa Landers
60. “You can only take steps toward the future you want. It’s not guaranteed to be there.”― Amanda Howells
Don’t forget to also read these road quotes to contemplate on your journey.
Future quotes to give you perspective
61. “This is what you do. You make a future for yourself out of the raw material at hand.”― Michael Cunningham
62. “Well, we must wait for the future to show.”― Virginia Woolf
63. “Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it.”― Kahlil Gibran
64. “The future is a split second away.”― Ana Monnar
65. “The future is what matters — because one never reaches it, but always stays in the present — like the White Queen who had to run like the wind to remain in the same spot.”― Sylvia Plath
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of Sylvia Plath quotes from the iconic poet.
66. “One must plan for the future and anticipate the future without fearing the future.”― Robin Hobb
67. “The direction in which education starts a man will determine his future life.”― Plato
68. “I’m always thinking about creating. My future starts when I wake up in the morning and see the light.”― Miles Davis
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Miles Davis quotes on music, career, and more
69. “At some point the future becomes reality. And then it quickly becomes the past.”― Haruki Murakami
70. “It’s not about what I SEE for our future, or humanity; It’s about what I DO for our future and humanity.”― Steve Maraboli
Future quotes to inspire success
71. “We remember the past, live in the present, and write the future.”― Shaun David Hutchinson
72. “People don’t realize that the future is just now, but later.”― Russell Brand
73. “I am an optimist. Anyone interested in the future has to be otherwise he would simply shoot himself.”― Arthur C. Clarke
74. “The future is a hundred thousand threads, but the past is a fabric that can never be rewoven.”― Orson Scott Card
75. “The most important thing is this: to sacrifice what you are now for what you can become tomorrow.”― Shannon Alder
76. “One mustn’t dream of one’s future; one must earn it.”― Carlos Ruiz Zafón
77. “The future lay before him, inevitable but invisible.”― John Green
78. “Why don’t you focus on where you’re going and less on where you came from?”― Amy Harmon
79. “The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today. Let us move forward with strong and active faith.”― Franklin D. Roosevelt
80. “The future will be what it will, and fretting about it will only make your fears more likely to come true.”― Christopher Paolini
More future quotes and sayings
81. “You realize that our mistrust of the future makes it hard to give up the past.” – Chuck Palahniuk
82. “Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” – Corrie ten Boom
83. “Knowing too much of your future is never a good thing.” – Rick Riordan
84. “Once you realize you deserve a bright future, letting go of your dark past is the best choice you will ever make.” – Roy T. Bennett
85. “The past is always tense, the future perfect.” – Zadie Smith
86. “May God guide and lead us to a glorious future.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
87. “She said that the planting of trees, like the education of children, was a gift to the future.” – Cassandra Danz
88. “The future is created by those who have a great imagination and the will to make it a reality by their actions.” – Debasish Mridha
89. “I have realized that the past and future are real illusions, that they exist in the present, which is what there is and all there is.” – Alan Wilson Watts
90. “Accept the past; embrace the present; consider the future.” – Russell Eric Dobda
Which future quotes were your favorites?
Remember, you are creating your future life with each passing day.
And every single day that you have on this Earth is your opportunity to make a difference in yourself and your life. The future depends on what you do today, so make proper use of your time.
We honestly hope that these future quotes have inspired you to appreciate the present and work hard for the future you envision.
If you dream it, you can achieve it. And seeing it in your mind is the necessary first step to getting there!
Did you enjoy these quotes about the future? Which future quote was your favorite? We would love to hear all about it in the comment section below.
March 17, 2021 6:00 AM EST