If you need a little bit of motivation to achieve your dreams, these future quotes should help you never give up.
Share in the comments below the quote that moved you the most.
The future can be defined as “what will happen in the time after the present.”
It is what many of us plan, study, work and dream for.
Although we might not always know how to make it happen, we all want a better future.
If you’re unhappy with your life the way it is, the good news is you can begin creating your own future right now.
Right in this very moment.
The future is always important but not without a direct focus on the present.
You possess the ability to create and nurture your future in the present moment.
This means that you should always have tomorrow in mind whenever you make choices and commitments, and plan before you take action.
Here are some inspirational future quotes to motivate you to use your Everyday Power to create your own future.
Enjoy reading them, and after you’re done, be sure to also check out our collection of Nikola Tesla quotes about the future.
Future quotes about success and dreams
1. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
2. “Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forwards.” ― Søren Kierkegaard
3. “The future depends on what we do in the present.” – Mahatma Gandhi
4. “Even if you fall on your face you’re still moving forward.” – Victor Kiam
5. “No matter how dirty your past is, your future is still spotless.” – Drake
6. “There is nothing like a dream to create the future.” – Victor Hugo
7. The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. – Abraham Lincoln
8. “Always remember that the future comes one day at a time” – Dean Acheson
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of history quotes that will open your eyes to stories of the past.
9. The only thing we know about the future is that it will be different. – Peter Drucker
10. A speculator is a man who observes the future, and acts before it occurs. – Bernard Baruch
Inspirational future quotes to help you focus on your dreams and goals
11. If we open a quarrel between past and present, we shall find that we have lost the future. – Winston Churchill
12. Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine. – Nikola Tesla
13. “If we could unfold the future, the present would be our greatest care.” – Edward Counsel
14. “You cannot change your future. But you can change your habits. And surely your habits will change your future.” – A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
15. “You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backward. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future.” – Steve Jobs
16. “If there is hope in the future, there is literally power in the present.” – Zig Ziglar
17. “Go for it now. The future is promised to no one.” – Wayne Dyer
18. “Do not watch the clock. Do what it does. Keep going.” – Sam Levenson
19. “What you do today can improve all your tomorrows.” – Ralph Marston
20. The future rewards those who press on. I don’t have time to feel sorry for myself. I don’t have time to complain. I’m going to press on. – Barack Obama
Also, read these planning quotes and sayings that will inspire you to take control of your future.
Future quotes to help you plan for it
21. Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today. – Malcolm X
22. Change your life today. Don’t gamble on the future, act now, without delay. – Simone de Beauvoir
23. “The future is there… looking back at us. Trying to make sense of the fiction we will have become.” ― William Gibson
24. You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today. – Abraham Lincoln
25. We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility for our future. – George Bernard Shaw
26. Even though the future seems far away, it is actually beginning right now. – Mattie Stepanek
27. “The future starts today, not tomorrow.” – Pope John Paul II
28. The future is not an inheritance, it is an opportunity and an obligation. – Bill Clinton
29. “Real generosity toward the future lies in giving all to the present.” – Albert Camus
30. Humanity does not know where to go because no one is waiting for it: not even God. – Antonio Porchia
If you’re enjoying this article, you’ll also love our collection of comeback quotes that will help you bounce back.
Uplifting future quotes to help you look on the bright side
31. “I got a bright future ahead of me.” – Justin Bieber
32. “In this bright future you can’t forget your past.” – Bob Marley
33. “Hope: Belief in a bright future.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
34. “I guess short films have a bright future… The advantage is budget.” – Anurag Kashyap
35. “It always seems impossible until it is done.” – Nelson Mandela
36. “Look beyond the present circumstances, imagine a brighter future.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
37. “The past gave us experience and made us wiser so that we can create a beautiful and brighter future.” ― Debasish Mridha
38. “When I started my campaign for Congress, I was one who people said, ‘Tulsi, you have a bright future, but there’s no way you can win.'” – Tulsi Gabbard
39. “Being fully present is the best guarantee for a bright future.” – Guy Finley
40. “Always in motion is the future.” – YODA
Future quotes to elevate your perspective
41. “The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.” – Unknown
42. “Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.” – Buddha
43. “When did the future switch from being a promise to being a threat?” ― Chuck Palahniuk
44. “Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.” – Jim Rohn
45. “We did not come to fear the future. We came here to shape it.” – BARACK OBAMA
46. “We steal if we touch tomorrow. It is God’s.” – Henry Ward Beecher
47. “The future was always more important than the past.” – PAUL PARK
48. “I never think of the future. It comes soon enough.” – Albert Einstein
49. “My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there.” – Charles F. Kettering
50. “When all else is lost, the future still remains.” – Christian Nevell Bovee
You might also like these inspirational morning quotes to help you seize the day.
Future quotes to broaden your thoughts
51. “The future is up for grabs. It belongs to any and all who will take the risk and accept the responsibility of consciously creating the future they want.”― Robert Anton Wilson
52. “Sometimes we have to soak ourselves in the tears and fears of the past to water our future gardens.”― Suzy Kassem
53. “We cannot always build a future for our youth, but we can always build our youth for the future.”― Franklin D. Roosevelt
54. “Your future is your own again. And I consider that to be a happy ending to the story.”― Lisa Mangum
55. “The future is not something we enter. The future is something we create.”― Leonard I. Sweet
56. “The future is in the skies.”― Mustafa Kemal Atatürk
57. “Your future is only as bright as your mind is open.”― Rich Wilkins
58. “Be careful not to look so far ahead, that you miss what’s in front of you.”― Jeremy Aldana
59. “She had no idea what the future would hold for any of them, beyond possibilities as infinite as the stars. And really, that was enough.”― Melissa Landers
60. “You can only take steps toward the future you want. It’s not guaranteed to be there.”― Amanda Howells
Don’t forget to also read these road quotes to contemplate on your journey.
Future quotes to give you perspective
61. “This is what you do. You make a future for yourself out of the raw material at hand.”― Michael Cunningham
62. “Well, we must wait for the future to show.”― Virginia Woolf
63. “Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it.”― Kahlil Gibran
64. “The future is a split second away.”― Ana Monnar
65. “The future is what matters — because one never reaches it, but always stays in the present — like the White Queen who had to run like the wind to remain in the same spot.”― Sylvia Plath
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of Sylvia Plath quotes from the iconic poet.
66. “One must plan for the future and anticipate the future without fearing the future.”― Robin Hobb
67. “The direction in which education starts a man will determine his future life.”― Plato
68. “I’m always thinking about creating. My future starts when I wake up in the morning and see the light.”― Miles Davis
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Miles Davis quotes on music, career, and more
69. “At some point the future becomes reality. And then it quickly becomes the past.”― Haruki Murakami
70. “It’s not about what I SEE for our future, or humanity; It’s about what I DO for our future and humanity.”― Steve Maraboli
Future quotes to inspire success
71. “We remember the past, live in the present, and write the future.”― Shaun David Hutchinson
72. “People don’t realize that the future is just now, but later.”― Russell Brand
73. “I am an optimist. Anyone interested in the future has to be otherwise he would simply shoot himself.”― Arthur C. Clarke
74. “The future is a hundred thousand threads, but the past is a fabric that can never be rewoven.”― Orson Scott Card
75. “The most important thing is this: to sacrifice what you are now for what you can become tomorrow.”― Shannon Alder
76. “One mustn’t dream of one’s future; one must earn it.”― Carlos Ruiz Zafón
77. “The future lay before him, inevitable but invisible.”― John Green
78. “Why don’t you focus on where you’re going and less on where you came from?”― Amy Harmon
79. “The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today. Let us move forward with strong and active faith.”― Franklin D. Roosevelt
80. “The future will be what it will, and fretting about it will only make your fears more likely to come true.”― Christopher Paolini
You might also like these graduation quotes on success, dreams and your future.
Future quotes to inspire you today
81. “You realize that our mistrust of the future makes it hard to give up the past.” – Chuck Palahniuk
82. “Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” – Corrie ten Boom
83. “Knowing too much of your future is never a good thing.” – Rick Riordan
84. “Once you realize you deserve a bright future, letting go of your dark past is the best choice you will ever make.” – Roy T. Bennett
85. “The past is always tense, the future perfect.” – Zadie Smith
86. “May God guide and lead us to a glorious future.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
87. “She said that the planting of trees, like the education of children, was a gift to the future.” – Cassandra Danz
88. “The future is created by those who have a great imagination and the will to make it a reality by their actions.” – Debasish Mridha
89. “I have realized that the past and future are real illusions, that they exist in the present, which is what there is and all there is.” – Alan Wilson Watts
90. “Accept the past; embrace the present; consider the future.” – Russell Eric Dobda
More future quotes and sayings
91. “The past is your lesson. The present is your gift. The future is your motivation.” –Anonymous
92. “The future influences the present.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
93. “Let go of the past and go for the future.” – Anonymous
94. “Be loyal to your future, not your past.” – Anonymous
95. “Study the past if you want to define the future.” – Confucius
96. “You must predict the future and you must learn to act deliberately to control your destiny.” – Toni Lynn Chinoy
97. “A person can change his future by merely changing his attitude.” – Earl Nightingale
98. “I believe that the future can be bright for us.” – John F. Kennedy
99. “We invest in the future.” – Greg Plitt
100. “The past and present have much to tell us about the future, and the future will tell us much about the past.” – Stephen M. Millett
Future quotes to inspire your goals and dreams
101. “If we are worried about the future, then we must look today at the upbringing of children.”
― Gordon B. Hinckley
102. “I don’t want a future, I want a present. To me this appears of greater value. You have a future only when you have no present, and when you have a present, you forget to even think about the future.” ― Robert Walser
103. ‘There may be decisions to make and surprises in store. Life takes us to unexpected places sometimes. The future is never set in stone, remember that.” ― Erin Morgenstern
104. “The past attracts me, the present frightens me, because the future is death.” ― Guy de Maupassant
105. “All great beginnings start in the dark, when the moon greets you to a new day at midnight.” ― Shannon L. Alder
106. “The future is uncertain, but that can be a good thing.” ― Jennifer Niven
107. “We can only see a short distance ahead, but we can see plenty there that needs to be done.” ― Alan Turing
108. “Your hand can seize today, but not tomorrow; and thoughts of your tomorrow are nothing but desire. Don’t waste this breath, if your heart isn’t crazy, since “the rest of your life” won’t last forever.” ― Omar Khayyám
109. “The past is made out of facts… I guess the future is just hope.” ― Isaac Marion
110. “I met a boy whose eyes showed me that the past, present and future were all the same thing.” ― Jennifer Elisabeth
Future quotes to keep you looking forward
111. “The secret of your future is hidden in your daily routine.” – Mike Murdock
112. “Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.” – Marcus Aurelius
113. “You can never plan the future by the past.” – Edmund Burke
114. “Prediction is very difficult, especially if it’s about the future.” – Niels Bohr
115. “I don’t know what the future may hold, but I know who holds the future.” – Ralph Abernathy
116. “Without forgiveness, there is not future.” – Desmond Tutu
117. “America’s future will be determined by the home and the school. The child becomes largely what he is taught; hence we must watch what we teach, and how we live.” – Jane Addams
118. “I know of no way of judging the future but by the past.” – Patrick Henry
119. “The future is always beginning now.” – Mark Strand
120. “Map out your future – but do it in pencil. The road ahead is as long as you make it. Make it worth the trip.” – Jon Bon Jovi
Motivational future quotes to keep you moving
121. “Nothing we do can change the past, but everything we do changes the future.” – Ashleigh Brilliant
122. “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” – Pete Drucker
123. “I look to the future because that’s where I’m going to spend the rest of my life.” – George Burns
124. “The future isn’t a place that we’re going to go, it’s a place that you get to create.” – Nancy Duarte
125. “Your current thoughts are creating your future life.” – Rhonda Byrne
126. “The future doesn’t belong to the lighthearted. It belongs to the brave.” – Ronald Reagan
127. “If you don’t try to create the future you want, you must endure the future you get.” – John C. Maxwell
128. “The first step is to establish that something is possible then probability will occur.” – Elon Musk
129. “If you want to know the future, look at the past.” – Albert Einstein
130. “There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind.” – C.S. Lewis
Future Quotes to Prepare You for the Future
131.”I feel like God puts things in our lives to help prepare us for the future.” – Louie Gohmert
132. “Let your past failures prepare you for future victories.” – Jim George
133. “ Your future is what you make of it. The more work you put in, the more results you get back.” – Unknown
134. “Today you are only a branch of a tree, tomorrow you gonna be tree yourself, so prepare yourself today so strong, that tomorrow you can hold the branches .” – Amresh Kumar
135. “ The future is coming and will be the present whether you are ready or not. Keep learning, keep living, and keep building relationships. Time will take care of itself.” – Unknown
136. “Now’s the time to teach your 5-year-old kid about financing. If they can add, I suggest that you start teaching them about saving that money. And how their money can add up in the future. I think the more you prepare your children for the future, the better off they’ll be.” – Donald Faison
137. “Respect the past, and prepare for the future by taking action in the present.” – Rob Martin
138. “The best possible way to prepare for tomorrow is to concentrate with all your intelligence, all your enthusiasm, on doing today’s work superbly today. That is the only possible way you can prepare for the future.” – Dale Carnegie
139. “Witness the choices you make in every moment. The best way to prepare for any moment in the future is to be fully conscious in the present.” – Deepak Chopra
140. “The longer you look back, the farther you can look forward.” – Winston Churchill
Which future quotes were your favorites?
Remember, you are creating your future life with each passing day.
And every single day that you have on this Earth is your opportunity to make a difference in yourself and your life.
The future depends on what you do today, so make proper use of your time.
We honestly hope that these future quotes have inspired you to appreciate the present and work hard for the future you envision.
If you dream it, you can achieve it.
And seeing it in your mind is the necessary first step to getting there!
Did you enjoy these quotes about the future?
Which future quote was your favorite?
We would love to hear all about it in the comment section below.
September 25, 2022 5:00 AM EST