If you like historical dramas, these The Crown quotes will draw you in.
The crown is a magnificent drama series on Netflix based on the true events of the reign of Queen Elizabeth II.
The story revolves around Elizabeth’s ascension to the throne of England and her struggle in becoming a true queen. It also covers her complex marriage to Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.
The show successfully portrayed historical events while providing a unique flavor of drama and politics in the genre.
Whether you are a history enthusiast or someone who simply loves a good drama, this show is for you.
Check out The Crown quotes below and experience the wonderful story and life of Queen Elizabeth II.
Don’t forget to also check out these Queen quotes celebrating the women in your life.
The Crown quotes by Queen Elizabeth II
1. “History was not made by those who did nothing.” — Queen Elizabeth II
2. “In the first flush of a romantic love, we’re all blind. We see only what we want to see.” — Queen Elizabeth II
3. “One always has to accept one’s own part, I believe, in any mess.” — Queen Elizabeth II
4. “It is not my job to govern. But it is my job to ensure proper governance.” — Queen Elizabeth II
5. “I am Queen, but I am also a woman. And a wife.” — Queen Elizabeth II
6. “Some things can only be perceived one way because they only have one meaning.” — Queen Elizabeth II
7. “There comes a time where one must draw a line in the sand.” — Queen Elizabeth II
8. “To do nothing is often the best course of action.” — Queen Elizabeth II
9. “That’s the thing about unhappiness. All it takes is for something worse to come along and you realize it was actually happiness after all.” — Queen Elizabeth II
10. “Too much character, an excess of character.” — Queen Elizabeth II
11. “I am aware that I am surrounded by people who feel that they could do the job better, strong people with powerful characters, but for better or worse, the crown has landed on my head.” — Queen Elizabeth II
12. “Forgiveness is very important to me.” — Queen Elizabeth II
13. “Would you like to know the principle, perhaps only advantage, of being the Chief Patron of the English Bowling Association? My fellow patrons are frequently too old or too ill to meet.” — Queen Elizabeth II
14. “In an increasingly complex world, we all need certainty.” — Queen Elizabeth II
15. “When is it, do you think, if one’s committed to a life of honesty, that one must start calling oneself ‘middle-aged?’” — Queen Elizabeth II
16. “They say listening is important in any marriage.” — Queen Elizabeth II
17. “Look, I’m strong. You know that. And I can cope with the truth. I just demand to know the truth. It’s when people don’t tell me the truth that I can’t bear it.” — Queen Elizabeth II
18. “The first 10 years of marriage are just an overture. That there’s often a crisis at 10 years, but then you work it out and settle in and it’s only then that it really gets into its stride.” — Queen Elizabeth II
19. “No human being is ideal. Only God is ideal.” — Queen Elizabeth II
The Crown quotes by Jacqueline Kennedy
20. “People are so rarely what they seem.” — Jacqueline Kennedy
21. “It’s really one of the great paradoxes of being in a position where I have to talk to a great many people, but deep down, I’m happiest with animals.” — Jacqueline Kennedy
22. “A shy person will seek out someone strong to protect them. And a strong character’s often one who enjoys public life. Who thrives on it. And then, before you know it, the very person you’ve turned to in order to protect you is the very reason you are exposed.” — Jacqueline Kennedy
The Crown quotes by Philip Mountbatten
23. “I learned very early on that it’s wise not to take things for granted.” — Philip Mountbatten, Duke of Edinburgh
24. “There is no such thing as a bad compliment.” — Philip Mountbatten, Duke of Edinburgh
25. “Why does everybody think, just because we’re royal, we like fine dining? Don’t they realize we’re savages? Good for nothing but school dinners and nursery food.” — Philip Mountbatten, Duke of Edinburgh
26. “There’s no such thing as a blameless party in a divorce.” — Philip Mountbatten, Duke of Edinburgh
27. “What kind of marriage is this? What kind of family? You’ve taken my career from me, you’ve taken my home. You’ve taken my name. I thought we were in this together.” — Philip Mountbatten, Duke of Edinburgh
28. “Who we are is not what we wear or what glitters. It’s the spirit that defines us.” — Philip Mountbatten, Duke of Edinburgh
The Crown quotes by Sir Winston Churchill
29. “No man should be punished for love.” — Sir Winston Churchill
30. “People have to be angry at someone. But as leader, one cannot simply react to everything.” — Sir Winston Churchill
31. “Where there is heroism there will always be hope.” — Sir Winston Churchill
32. “We’re all dying. That’s what defines the condition of living.” — Sir Winston Churchill
33. “Many have questioned my relevance, whether I still have something to offer. In public life, the answer is, I have. Which is to leave in place a Sovereign prepared for office. Equipped, armed for her duty.” — Sir Winston Churchill
34. “Too much knowledge can be a dangerous thing.” — Sir Winston Churchill
The Crown quotes by King George VI
35. “It is better to be patient and get what you desire in the right time, than have high office thrust upon you when you are not ready.” — King George VI
36. “Keep one eye on the future. The distant future.” — King George VI
37. “A sick king is no good to anyone. There must be no weakness. No vulnerability.” — King George VI
38. “You understand, the titles, the dukedom. They’re not the job. She is the job. She is the essence of your duty. Loving her. Protecting her. Of course, you’ll miss your career. But doing this for her, doing this for me, there may be no greater act of patriotism. Or love.” — King George VI
The Crown quotes by Antony Armstrong-Jones
39. “In any marriage, it’s important to find things that really bind you together, as a couple.” — Antony Armstrong-Jones
40. “He hasn’t found happiness. He’s found marriage, the very opposite of happiness.” — Antony Armstrong-Jones
The Crown quotes by Duke of Windsor
41. “We are half-people. Ripped from the pages of some bizarre mythology, the two sides within us, human and crown engaged in a fearful civil war, which never ends. And which blights our every human transaction as brother, husband, sister, wife, mother.” — Duke of Windsor
42. “With this family, when you’re in, you’re never quite sure that you’re in. But when you’re out, there’s no doubt at all. You’re out.” — Duke of Windsor
43. “Who wants transparency when you can have magic? Who wants prose when you can have poetry? Pull away the veil and what are you left with? An ordinary young woman of modest ability and little imagination. But wrap her up like this, anoint her with oil, and hey, presto, what do you have? A goddess.” — Duke of Windsor
The Crown quotes by Queen Mary
44. “To do nothing is the hardest job of all. And it will take every ounce of energy that you have. To be impartial is not natural, not human.” — Queen Mary
45. “Monarchy is God’s sacred mission to grace and dignify the earth. To give ordinary people an ideal to strive towards, an example of nobility and duty to raise them in their wretched lives. Monarchy is a calling from God.” — Queen Mary
46. “While you mourn your father, you must also mourn someone else. Elizabeth Mountbatten. For she has now been replaced by another person, Elizabeth Regina. The two Elizabeths will frequently be in conflict with one another. The fact is, the Crown must win. Must always win.” — Queen Mary
The Crown quotes by Princess Margaret
47. “It’s so nice when a man is unaware of his best features.” — Princess Margaret
48. “How many times can this family make the same mistake? Forbidding marriages that should be allowed. Forcing others that shouldn’t. Paying the consequences each time.” — Princess Margaret
49. “Happiness is a fickle creature. A constant companion to some, hides herself completely from others.” — Princess Margaret
50. “The greatest act of service that I can give to the Crown as princess is not to be some meek little wife following the great prince around like some smiling doll, but to be a living, breathing, present mother, bringing up this child in the hopes that the boy that will one day become king still has a vestige of humanity in him.” — Princess Diana
Which of these The Crown quotes is your favorite?
The show brought new perspectives about the events that shaped modern England today. It gives the audience a deeper insight into the life of one of the most iconic figures in history.
Details of the Queen’s private journey behind the public facade will keep you on the edge of your seat wanting more.
Dive into this smart drama-politics series that humanizes the royalty of the British empire. Binge watch this 100 Million Dollar production set and be amazed by the brilliance of the whole team behind it.
These The Crown quotes and sayings will provide you a quick look at the most memorable lines of your favorite characters in the series.
September 13, 2021 7:00 AM EST