Check out these Queen Elizabeth quotes to learn more about the woman whose reign lasted over 70 years.
Queen Elizabeth II was born in London, England, in 1926 and passed away in Aberdeenshire, Scotland, in 2022.
She was born to Prince Albert and Elizabeth Albert, who would become King George VI and Queen Elizabeth.
She was educated, along with her sister Margaret, by Queen Elizabeth and their governess, Marion Crawford.
She was a happy and smart little girl who did not expect to become Queen, being third in line.
However, her grandfather died, her uncle abdicated the throne, and her parents had no sons.
Queen Elizabeth began her reign in 1952 when she was just 25 years old and lasted until her death in 2022 when she was 96.
Take a look at these Queen Elizabeth quotes to learn more about this amazing Queen!
Best Queen Elizabeth Quotes
Enjoy some of the best quotes from Queen Elizabeth.
1. “Goodnight, children.” — Queen Elizabeth
2. “Let us not take ourselves too seriously.” — Queen Elizabeth
3. “I know of no single formula for success.” — Queen Elizabeth
4. “The wartime generation—my generation—is resilient.” — Queen Elizabeth
5. “Work is the rent you pay for the room you occupy on earth.” — Queen Elizabeth
6. “Everyone is our neighbour, no matter what race, creed or colour.” — Queen Elizabeth
7. “Sport has a wonderful way of bringing together people and nations.” — Queen Elizabeth
8. “Often a child’s helplessness and vulnerability bring out the best in us.” — Queen Elizabeth
9. “The birth of a baby brings great happiness–but then the business of growing up begins.” — Queen Elizabeth
10. “It has always been easy to hate and destroy. To build and to cherish is much more difficult.” — Queen Elizabeth
Funny Queen Elizabeth Quotes to Make You Laugh
Throughout her life, Queen Elizabeth always had a sense of humor, as shown in these quotes.
11. “Oh, look! She’s keeled over again.” — Queen Elizabeth
12. “If I wore beige, nobody would know who I am.” — Queen Elizabeth
13. “I think if you check, I will be allowed to come in!” — Queen Elizabeth
14. “Actually, Captain, I think it’s me they’ve come to see.” — Queen Elizabeth
15. “I simply ache from smiling. Why are women expected to beam all the time?” — Queen Elizabeth
16. “Just put them back any way you can. I’ll give them anything, and you can sort it out afterward.” — Queen Elizabeth
17. “New Zealand has long been renowned for its dairy produce, though I should say that I myself prefer my New Zealand eggs for breakfast.” — Queen Elizabeth
Inspirational Queen Elizabeth Quotes
As you read these quotes from Queen Elizabeth II, allow them to inspire you.
18. “I believe that young or old, we have as much to look forward to with confidence and hope.” — Queen Elizabeth
19. “It’s worth remembering that it is often the small steps, not the giant leaps, that bring about the most lasting change.” — Queen Elizabeth
20. “Like all the best families, we have our share of eccentricities, of impetuous and wayward youngsters and of disagreements.” — Queen Elizabeth
21. “When life seems hard, the courageous do not lie down and accept defeat; instead, they are all the more determined to struggle for a better future.” — Queen Elizabeth
22. “I cannot lead you into battle; I do not give you laws or administer justice. But I can do something else; I can give you my heart and my devotion.” — Queen Elizabeth
23. “While we may have more still to endure, better days will return: we will be with our friends again; we will be with our families again; we will meet again.” — Queen Elizabeth
24. “I declare before you all that my whole life, whether it be long or short, shall be devoted to your service and the service of our great imperial family to which we all belong.” — Queen Elizabeth
25. “Each day is a new beginning, I know that the only way to live my life is to try to do what is right, to take the long view, to give of my best in all that the day brings, and to put my trust in God.” — Queen Elizabeth
Queen Elizabeth’s Personal Life
Queen Elizabeth married Prince Philip of Greece and Denmark in 1947, and they were married until his death in 2021.
They had two children together, Prince Charles and Princess Anne.
Queen Elizabeth left a legacy of being well-loved, having a strong sense of religious and civic duty, and being one of the most admired women in the world.
Please share these Queen Elizabeth quotes with others by clicking the share button!
Check out these related lifestyle articles:
Ready to get inspired and uplifted? These words of wisdom are here for you, friend!
Wisdom, happiness, enlightenment. You need to read these wise sayings ASAP!
By practicing the tips in this article, you’ll be a leader who stands out both in your work and personal life.
Nothing can break you once you read these inspirational poems!
Check out these related quote articles:
Life constantly offers valuable lessons that shape our journey and guide our growth.
Words of wisdom are helpful to anyone looking to get inspired through words that are as powerful as they are meaningful.
Discover this treasure trove of motivational quotes to ignite your inner fire and propel you toward greatness.
Sometimes thinking outside of the box has the power to open a window of opportunity you may never have realized.