These The Soprano quotes from all of our favorite characters show just what it was like walking the line between crime and family.
The Sopranos is an American crime drama television series created by David Chase that premiered on HBO in 1999.
The series revolves around the life of Tony Soprano (James Gandolfini), a New Jersey-based Italian-American mobster.
The show depicts the hardships that Tony faces while he tries to balance his family life and his role as the leader of the crime syndicate.
Many have wondered if The Sopranos is based on a true story.
It is believed that the character of Tony Soprano is based on real-life New Jersey mobster, Vincent “Vinny Ocean” Palermo.
Most of Tony’s struggles are discussed during his therapy sessions with his psychiatrist, as you can see with these The Sopranos quotes from Jennifer Melfi (Lorraine Bracco).
The series, which is often called one of the greatest TV shows of all time, also features Tony’s family members, mafia colleagues, and rivals.
These people include his wife Carmela (Edie Falco) and his protégé/distant cousin Christopher Moltisanti (Michael Imperioli), both of which have some incredible lines featured in these The Sopranos quotes.
Keep reading to learn more about the long-running show that brought us inside the world of the Italian mafia.
Don’t forget to also check out these Tony Soprano quotes from the boss.
The Sopranos quotes from Christopher Moltisanti
1. “Unless they’re paying your nut, nobody has a right to tell anybody else how to earn a f***ing living.” — Christopher Moltisanti
2. “There’s no chemical solution to a spiritual problem.” — Christopher Moltisanti
3. “That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.” — Christopher Moltisanti
4. “I’ve been sober and I’ve been high. Sober’s better.” — Christopher Moltisanti
5. “I had some problems with my screenplay, so I bought that book, ‘How to Write a Movie in 21 Days’. That was like a year ago.” — Christopher Moltisanti
6. “When you’re bleeding a guy, you don’t squeeze him dry right away. Contrarily, you let him do his bidding, suavely. So you can bleed him next week and the week after, at a minimum.” — Christopher Moltisanti
7. “Fear knocked at the door. Faith answered. There was no one there.” — Christopher Moltisanti
8. “Other people’s definitions of you? Sometimes they’re more about making themselves feel better. You gotta define yourself.” — Christopher Moltisanti
9. “I got no identity. Even Brendan Filone’s got an identity. He’s dead.” — Christopher Moltisanti
10. “Highway was jammed with broken heroes on a last-chance power drive.” — Christopher Moltisanti
The Sopranos quotes from Paulie ‘Walnuts’ Gualtieri
11. “You’re too f***ing worried about what I give you. Worry a little more about what you give me.” — Paulie ‘Walnuts’ Gualtieri
12. “We each and every one of us, we’re alone in the ring, fighting for our lives.” — Paulie ‘Walnuts’ Gualtieri
13. “These are snakes with fur. The old Italians will tell you, you can’t even put them around a baby. They suck the breath right out.” — Paulie ‘Walnuts’ Gualtieri
14. “The world don’t run on love.” — Paulie ‘Walnuts’ Gualtieri
15. “Life’s too short. You can’t waste it fighting with your friends.” — Paulie ‘Walnuts’ Gualtieri
16. “I’d rather face 10 guys with shivs than something I can’t see.” — Paulie ‘Walnuts’ Gualtieri
17. “I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here.” — Paulie ‘Walnuts’ Gualtieri
18. “As far as f***ing bears are concerned, I say, get rid of them all. They had their turn, and now we got ours. That’s why dinosaurs don’t exist no more.” — Paulie ‘Walnuts’ Gualtieri
19. “Amazing thing about snakes is that they reproduce spontaneously. They have both male and female sex organs. That’s why somebody you don’t trust, you call a snake. How can you trust a guy who can literally go f*** themselves?” — Paulie ‘Walnuts’ Gualtieri
20. “You can take 2007 and give it back to the Indians.” — Paulie ‘Walnuts’ Gualtieri
The Sopranos quotes from Corrado ‘Junior’ Soprano
21. “Some people are so far behind in the race that they actually believe they’re leading.” — Corrado ‘Junior’ Soprano
22. “You heard about the Chinese Godfather? He made them an offer they couldn’t understand.” — Corrado ‘Junior’ Soprano
23. “That’s what being a boss is, you steer the ship the best way you know. Sometimes it’s smooth, sometimes you hit the rocks. In the meantime, you find your pleasures where you can.” — Corrado ‘Junior’ Soprano
24. “My father told me, ‘never get old.’ I should have listened to him.” — Corrado ‘Junior’ Soprano
25. “Let me die now if a man can’t voice to a beautiful woman the zephyrs that are blowing through his mind.” — Corrado ‘Junior’ Soprano
Which of these The Sopranos quotes is your favorite?
The Sopranos ran for six seasons, which totaled 86 episodes.
It ended in June 2007 and won several awards along the way, including Peabody Awards for its first two seasons, 21 Primetime Emmy Awards, and five Golden Globe Awards.
The show was so popular it has become a media franchise, spawning books, a video game, and even podcasts.
You can also buy quite the assortment of Sopranos merchandise.
The movie, The Many Saints of Newark, which is also written by David Chase, offers some back story about HBO’s favorite crime family.
It was released to theaters on October 1, 2021, and is also available for streaming on HBO Max.
Interestingly, the film also stars Michael Gandolfini, the son of Tony Soprano actor James Gandolfini, as a young Tony Soprano.
If you haven’t seen The Sopranos you can still watch it, maybe before going to see the movie!
The Sopranos is available on Hulu if you purchase the HBO add-on.
You can also watch it on HBO Max.
However, it is not available on Amazon Prime or Netflix.
The show is a must-watch though for any fan of crime and action/drama TV.
Did you enjoy reading these The Sopranos quotes and lines?
Which of the quotes is your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.
August 10, 2022 5:00 AM EST