Embrace what makes you great with these amazing thrive quotes.
What does it mean to thrive?
By definition, to thrive means to flourish, prosper, or progress toward a goal despite our circumstances.
Do you feel you are thriving?
American poet laureate Maya Angelou famously penned, “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.”
All of us deserve to thrive!
What makes thriving exciting is that it looks different for everyone.
How we thrive is unique to our life’s journey.
Some suggest that thriving is a state of being or a mindset.
Our circumstances do not matter; only our state of being matters.
People can have different responses to how they thrive, despite:
- being in the same place
- experiencing the same traumas
- facing the same struggles
Enjoy our thrive quotes!
If you enjoy this article, check out our achievement quotes to motivate you for massive success.
Thrive quotes to inspire and motivate you
1. “Me, personally, I thrive under pressure.” — Christian Cage
2. “Actors thrive on challenges. Only then can you perform.” — Puneet Issar
3. “The entertainment business can’t thrive without putting you in a box.” — Ranvir Shorey
4. “We are fighting for an affordable, diverse community where all of us can thrive.” — London Breed
5. “I’m not the sort of person who, if everyone thinks you’re fabulous, you thrive on it.” — Lisa Stansfield
6. “Certainty, and the innovation that thrives in a climate of certainty, are key to progress.” — Andrew R. Wheeler
7. “The Filipino embraces civilization and lives and thrives in every clime, in contact with every people.” — Jose Rizal
8. “Actors who are super successful are the ones who thrive on the image by creating their forte.” — Ranvir Shorey
9. “Many of us will endure a lifetime following others. Institutionalization suits many but not all. Some of us thrive beyond those boundaries.” — Ben Fogle
10. “Strong alliances can thrive even where disagreements exist, but they cannot thrive where free and open communication is shut down.” — Sharice Davids
You will also enjoy our article on Maya Angelou quotes.
Powerful thrive quotes and sayings
11. “We absolutely thrive on the live setting.” — Ivan Moody
12. “In Vegas, we thrived on being the hated team, on being the bad boys.” — Larry Johnson
13. “I thought the world of live performance and busking was where I was going to thrive.” — Emma Weymouth
14. “There was always a lot of pressure – but luckily I’m the kind of person who thrives under pressure.” — Chris Eubank Jr
15. “In England, there are four major cities within a two-hour drive, so the comedy circuit thrives as a result.” — Joe Lycett
16. “School was like a hostile place. I just hated being at school. I think some people really thrive in that environment.” — Olly Alexander
17. “Obviously, teams start wearing down. But that’s kind of when you thrive, when the other team starts to get tired.” — Christian McCaffrey
18. “Millions of Indians have moved from just surviving or accepting life as it used to be to imagining a life where they can thrive and rise up to their potential.” — Rohini Nilekani
19. “New York has really thrived both upstate and downstate when there are tens of thousands of small businesses all representing their different creative impulses.” — Zephyr Teachout
20. “Access to quality early care and education is an important part of our efforts to make San Francisco more equitable, and ensure that every child who grows up here can thrive.” — London Breed
Inspirational thrive quotes
21. “A friendship can weather most things and thrive in thin soil.” — Pam Brown
22. “When the norm is decency, other virtues can thrive: integrity, honesty, compassion, kindness, and trust.” — Raja Krishnamoorthi
23. “We owe it to our children to equip them with all the capabilities they’ll need to thrive in the limitless world beyond the classrooms.” — Naveen Jain
24. “It takes but one positive thought when given a chance to survive and thrive to overpower an entire army of negative thoughts.” — Robert H. Schuller
25. “Resilience is all about being able to overcome the unexpected. Sustainability is about survival. The goal of resilience is to thrive.” — Jamais Cascio
26. “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” — Maya Angelou
27. “In business, the idea of measuring what you are doing, picking the measurements that count like customer satisfaction and performance… you thrive on that.” — Bill Gates
28. “Confidence… thrives on honesty, on honor, on the sacredness of obligations, on faithful protection and on unselfish performance. Without them, it cannot live.” — Franklin D. Roosevelt
29. “If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help… Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive.” — Barack Obama
30. “A garden requires patient labor and attention. Plants do not grow merely to satisfy ambitions or to fulfill good intentions. They thrive because someone expended effort on them.” — Liberty Hyde Bailey
Strive to thrive quotes
31. “Us fighters thrive on performing and entertaining a crowd.” — Anthony Yarde
32. “In limits, there is freedom. Creativity thrives within structure.” — Julia Cameron
33. “Great partnerships thrive because the people need each other.” — Courtney A. Kemp
34. “Extremism thrives amid ignorance and anger, intimidation and cowardice.” — Hillary Clinton
35. “I’m afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery.” — Aldous Huxley
36. “Man thrives where angels would die of ecstasy and where pigs would die of disgust.” — Kenneth Rexroth
37. “Japan, not only a mega-busy city that thrives on electronics and efficiency, actually has an almost sacred appreciation of nature.” — Apolo Ohno
38. “So long as the human spirit thrives on this planet, music in some living form will accompany and sustain it and give it expressive meaning.” — Aaron Copland
39. “By providing every student with a quality education, and the materials they need for class and to do their homework, we can help students from all backgrounds learn and thrive.” — London Breed
40. “Children should always be brave and do something about bullying. It’s not okay to stand by and let it happen. Bullies thrive off secrecy. Children should tell someone if they see someone being bullied.” — Imelda Staunton
Thrive quotes for business
41. “My career has always thrived on hard work and good relationships with people I work with and just continuing grinding.” — Joan Smalls
42. “Some people thrive under pressure, but pressure can also ruin your performance, it can push you down angles which you don’t want to go.” — Henry Cavill
43. “A workplace that encourages self-awareness is an environment where the most productive, curious, and innovative people thrive.” — Neil Blumenthal
44. “Memories have huge staying power, but like dreams, they thrive in the dark, surviving for decades in the deep waters of our minds like shipwrecks on the sea bed.” — J. G. Ballard
45. “The most important thing you can do is make the distinction between customer service and guest hospitality. You need both things to thrive, but they are completely different.” — Danny Meyer
46. “I’ve always enjoyed the emotion of being out there in the last minute of a game or the last couple minutes down by a goal. I think a lot of guys tend to thrive in that situation, and I prefer to be out there.” — Brad Marchand
47. “Our approach to doing right by Kentucky’s veterans starts by focusing on expanding job opportunities, especially in agritech and infrastructure development – two areas where Kentucky can thrive.” — Andy Beshear
48. “In pursuit of their commercial ambitions, Huawei relied on dishonest business practices that contradict the economic principles that have allowed American companies and the United States to thrive.” — Christopher A. Wray
49. “I’m not going to fearmonger to win an election. I’m going to focus on the positive opportunities we have for a bright future for all of our families, where everyone has the freedom and opportunity to thrive.” — Stacey Abrams
50. “To survive and even thrive in a changing world, nature offers another great lesson: the survivors are those who at the least adapt to change or even better learn to benefit from change and grow intellectually and personally.” — Frances Arnold
What did you learn from these thrive quotes?
Following the golden rule and treating others as we wish to be, is a way to thrive.
U. S. politician Raja Krishnamoorthi said, “When the norm is decency, other virtues can thrive: integrity, honesty, compassion, kindness, and trust.”
You can thrive right here, right now, at this moment.
Thriving is a choice.
Life grooms us to believe thriving is a place we will “get to” if we make particular life choices, tick off certain boxes, and achieve certain forms of success.
Conditions teach people that thriving means generating large amounts of income.
Money is undoubtedly a helpful form of abundance.
However, if we create a belief system for ourselves that suggests we can only thrive if we make large amounts of money, we create limitations on how abundance can manifest.
Adapting to change and growing despite setbacks are critical skills to thriving.
Staying emotionally agile is what allows people to thrive when unexpected events occur in life.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these thrive quotes and sayings?
Let us know in the comment section below.