These The Boondock Saints quotes will help you understand how the movie became a cult classic.
The Boondock Saints is one of the most iconic vigilante action films of the 90s.
Fraternal twins, Connor and Murphy MacManus, kill two members of the Russian Mafia in self-defense.
The brothers decide to use their faith to rid the city of Boston of crime and evil, enlisting the help of their friend Rocco.
The movie has a devoted fan base, bordering on cultish!
Tell us your favorite The Boondock Saints scene in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
What are the benefits of reading these The Boondock Saints quotes?
The community sees the brothers as heroes, which makes FBI Agent Paul Smecker’s job more complicated.
The brothers and Rocco seek the Russian mafia because they believe God has called them to do so.
The mobsters hire a hitman to keep them safe.
The hitman ambushes the trio, but Paul Smecker finds evidence at the scene and launches his own investigation.
We can even learn a few lessons from this movie, including:
- each of us must decide what we believe is right and wrong for ourselves
- we will all find ourselves in situations that cause us to question our morality
- even dark topics can offer us a chance at humor
If these The Boondock Saints quotes make you laugh, watch the movie!
Don’t forget to check out these Peaky Blinders quotes from the British crime drama.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Read more related content on our inspirational quotes category page.
Incorrect puns and other funny The Boondock Saints quotes
1. “You know what they say: People in glass houses sink sh-sh-ships.” — Doc, The Boondock Saints
2. “A penny saved is worth two in the bush, isn’t it?” – Connor, The Boondock Saints
You will also enjoy our article on ungrateful quotes.
3. “And don’t cross the road if you can’t get out of the kitchen.” — Murphy, The Boondock Saints
4. “Doc, I gotta buy you, like, a proverb book or something. This mix ‘n’ match shit’s gotta go.” — Rocco, The Boondock Saints
5. “I am Ivan Checkov, and you will be closing now.” (Ivan Checkov)
“Checkov? Well, this here’s McCoy. We find a Spock; we got us an away team.” (Murphy) — The Boondock Saints
6. [at the police station] “Is there any way that we could stay here?” (Murphy)
“Uh, yeah, you know, we have an extra holding cell, you guys c- Can they stay?” (Officer Chaffey)
[sheepish grin] “Well, we’ll have to check with your mom. But it’s okay with me if your friends sleepover.” (Paul Smecker) — The Boondock Saints
7. “Yeah, it’s St. Paddy’s Day, everyone’s Irish tonight. Why don’t you just pull up a stool and have a drink with us?” — Murphy, The Boondock Saints
8. “What’s this ‘they’ shit? This isn’t a movie.” — Murphy, The Boondock Saints
9. “You guys should be in every major city. This is some heavy shit. This is, like, Lone Ranger heavy, man.” — Rocco, The Boondock Saints
The Boondock Saints quotes that sound religious
10. “And Shepherds we shall be For Thee my Lord, for Thee Power hath descended forth from Thy hand Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patri, Et Filii, Et Spiritus Sancti.” — Murphy, The Boondock Saints
11. “Whosoever shed man’s blood, by man shall his blood be shed. For in the image of God, made he man.” — Il Duce, The Boondock Saints
12. “Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.” — Monsignor, The Boondock Saints
13. “Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful, striking hammer of God.” — Il Duce, The Boondock Saints
14. “When I raise my flashing sword, and my hand takes hold on judgment, I will take vengeance upon mine enemies, and I will repay those who hate me. Oh, Lord, raise me to Thy right hand and count me among Thy saints.” — Il Duce, The Boondock Saints
15. “And I shall count thee among my favored sheep, and you shall have the protection of all the Angels in Heaven.” — Il Duce, The Boondock Saints
16. “Our father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, the glory, now and forever. Amen.” — Mackiepenny, The Boondock Saints
17. “Destroy all that which is evil.” (Connor)
“So that which is good may flourish.” (Murphy) — The Boondock Saints
The Boondock Saints quotes about rope and other weapons“
18. “You’ve lost it, haven’t ya?” (Murphy)
“No, I’m serious.” (Connor)
“Me too. That’s stupid. Name one thing you gonna need a rope for.” (Murphy)
“You don’t fuckin’ know what you’re gonna need it for. They just always need it.” (Connor) — The Boondock Saints
19. “All right. Get your stupid fuckin’ rope.” (Murphy)
“I’ll get my stupid rope. I’ll get it. This is a rope right here.” (Connor) — The Boondock Saints
20. [after dropping through the ceiling on a rope and killing nine mobsters]
“Well, name one thing you’re gonna need this stupid fucking rope for.” (Connor)
“That was way easier than I thought.” (Murphy)
“Aye.” (Connor) — The Boondock Saints
21. “Jeez! It’s a fuckin’ six-shooter. Fuck!” (Connor: J)
“There’s nine bodies, genius.” (Murphy)
“What the fuck were you gonna do, laugh the last three to death, Funny-Man?” (Connor) — The Boondock Saints
Slightly concerning The Boondock Saints quotes
22. “D’you know what I think is psycho, Roc? It’s decent men with loving families. They go home every day after work and they turn on the news. You know what they see? They see rapists, and murderers, and child molesters. They’re all getting out of prison.” — Connor, The Boondock Saints
23. “We’re sorta like 7-Eleven. We’re not always doing business, but we’re always open.” — Murphy, The Boondock Saints
24. “He’s happy now, just killing us one by one. And worse, he’s good at it.” — Yakavetta, The Boondock Saints
25. “Television. Television is the explanation for this – you see this in bad television. Little assault guys creeping through the vents, coming in through the ceiling—that James Bond shit never happens in real life! Professionals don’t do that!” — Paul Smecker, The Boondock Saints
Did you enjoy these Boondock Saints quotes?
The movie is full of comedy and drama, a work of genius from writer and director Troy Duffy.
Troy got the idea for the movie because of a personal experience he had while living in Los Angeles.
The script encountered some unfortunate series of events when it went to production, despite the initial appeal of the script.
The tragic shooting at Columbine High School happened the same year the movie was to be released, and executives were worried that the film would be associated with the violence.
It followed a limited release schedule and a studio change but ultimately grossed $50 million in video sales.
There was a sequel to the film titled The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day!
Have you seen both films?
What are some of your favorite Boondock Saints quotes and lines from the movies?
Let me know in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this article, please share it with your friends on social media.