Relaxing Weekend Quotes to Power Your Workweek
April 19, 2023 5:00 AM EST
Anticipating the weekend?
You’re not alone.
Below, we’ve got a ton of weekend quotes to prepare you for the relaxation and fun that comes with Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
You may also enjoy our article on:
A study by the University of Rochester found that anticipating a positive event, such as a weekend off, can increase happiness and well-being.
Anticipating the weekend and looking forward to leisure time can help boost mood and promote a sense of well-being.
What’s your favorite weekend memory?
Throughout the workweek, the weekend seems just out of arm’s reach.
From Monday morning to Friday afternoon you’re trudging through the quicksand of work.
Once the weekend finally hits, it moves so quickly that it’s hard to relish in the relaxation.
At Everyday Power, we are here to deliver positive weekend vibes that encourage you to sit back, relax, and engage in some much-needed self-care over the weekend.
Don’t forget to also check out our list of Dazed and Confused quotes that will help make your weekend more interesting.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
Browse our entire collection of inspirational quotes for more motivating ideas and concepts.
Funny weekend quotes
In a survey by the American Psychological Association, 72% of respondents said they feel relieved or excited when the weekend arrives.
This highlights the importance of the weekend as a time for relaxation and enjoyment and the positive emotions that come with it.
1. “Nobody wants to give up a weekend-long excuse to dress up and attempt to outshine one another.” – Elizabeth Eulberg
You will also enjoy our article on happy Friday quotes.
2. “Unless it’s an emergency, don’t bother me after 6:00 p.m. and on weekends.” – Merv Griffin
You will also enjoy our article on skincare quotes.
3. “Weekends don’t pay as well as weekdays but at least there’s football.” – S.A. Sachs
You will also enjoy our article on Wednesday quotes.
4. “Life is a wretched gray Saturday, but it has to be lived through.” – Anthony Burgess
You will also enjoy our article on walking quotes.
5. “Always strive to excel, but only on weekends.” – Richard Rorty
You will also enjoy our article on Monday motivation quotes.
6. “Hands up if you’re ready to do something you’ll regret this weekend. Go forth! You have my blessing.” – Florence Welch
You will also enjoy our article on vacation quotes.
7. “Old timers, weekends, and airplane landings are alike. If you can walk away from them, they’re successful.” – Casey Stengel
You will also enjoy our article on rainy day quotes.
8. “Weekends don’t count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless.” – Bill Watterson
You will also enjoy our article on sleep quotes.
Inspirational weekend quotes
A report by the World Health Organization found that burnout, which is characterized by emotional exhaustion and reduced productivity, is a growing problem in the workplace.
Anticipating the weekend and taking time off can help prevent burnout and promote overall well-being.
9. “I am always happy to meet my friend, and my friend is my weekend.” – Debasish Mridha
You will also enjoy our article on good night quotes.
10. “The only reason why we ask other people how their weekend was is so we can tell them about our own weekend.” – Chuck Palahniuk
You will also enjoy our article on Tuesday quotes.
11. “Be in the habit of getting up bright and early on the weekends. Why waste such precious time in bed?” – Marilyn Vos Savant
You will also enjoy our article on running quotes.
12. “There is little chance that meteorologists can solve the mysteries of weather until they gain an understanding of the mutual attraction of rain and weekends.” – Arnot Sheppard
You will also enjoy our article on I’m tired quotes.
13. “When you’re young, you should live out every weekend. Even if you look like a scarecrow, you just gotta go!” – Jonathan Brandis
You will also enjoy our article on best rap quotes.
14. “Weekend planning is a prime time to apply the Deathbed Priority Test: On your deathbed, will you wish you’d spent more prime weekend hours grocery shopping or walking in the woods with your kids?” – Hal Borland
You will also enjoy our article on Cigar quotes.
15. “Without the weekend, where would the week be?” – Anthony T. Hincks
You will also enjoy our article on time flies quotes.
16. “Take the time to do what you love to do this weekend.” – Catherine Pulsifer
You will also enjoy our article on snake quotes.
17. “Does your life have a purpose? Are you contributing anything useful to this world, or just shuffling papers, banging on a keyboard, and coming home to a drunken existence on the weekends?” – Tim Ferriss
Weekend quotes about relaxation
According to a study by the National Sleep Foundation, individuals who get at least eight hours of sleep per night report feeling more relaxed and refreshed during the day, leading to increased productivity and overall well-being.
Additionally, those who consistently get enough sleep are less likely to experience mood swings and feelings of anxiety, making for a more enjoyable weekend.
18. “Sunday clears away the rust of the whole week.” – Joseph Addison
You will also enjoy our article on calm quotes.
19. “A Sunday well spent brings a week of content.” – Proverb
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Sunday quotes to honor this special day of the week.
20. “I’m learning the power of going away for the weekend and keeping myself company.” – Zoe Saldana
21. “You know what I want to do? Wake up one weekend and not have to go anywhere and do nothing.” – Derek Jeter
22. “Music always sounds better on Friday.” – Lou Brutus
23. “The feeling of Sunday is the same everywhere, heavy, melancholy, standing still.” – Jean Rhys
24. “Every man has a right to a Saturday night bath.” – Lyndon B. Johnson
25. “A wild and crazy weekend involves sitting on the front porch, smoking a cigar, reading a book.” – Robert M. Gates
26. “I have to be alone very often. I’d be quite happy if I spent from Saturday night until Monday morning alone in my apartment. That’s how I refuel.” – Audrey Hepburn
You might also like these party quotes that remind you to celebrate life.
More weekend quotes to inspire relaxation
According to a survey by the American Psychological Association, approximately 40% of workers report experiencing persistent stress or anxiety in their jobs.
Taking time on the weekends to engage in relaxing activities, such as yoga or reading, can help reduce stress levels and promote overall mental health and well-being.
27. “Oh, I just want what we all want: a comfortable couch, a nice beverage, a weekend of no distractions and a book that will stop time, lift me out of my quotidian existence and alter my thinking forever.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
28. “It’s a fine line between Saturday night and Sunday morning.” – Jimmy Buffett
29. “Weekends are sacred for me. They’re the perfect time to relax and spend time with family and friends.” – Marcus Samuelsson
30. “I respect the fact that people have worked hard all week and want to go to the movies on the weekend and be entertained.” – Michael Moore
31. “No weekend, all weakened.” – Toba Beta
32. “After luncheon the sun, conscious that it was Saturday, would blaze an hour longer in the zenith…” – Marcel Proust
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Saturday quotes that will encourage you to have a fantastic day.
33. “Weekends are about replenishment and rejuvenation.” – Neil Morrissey
34. “There are 365 days and 52 weekends in a year. Even if you are short on time off, you can still take weekend getaways. Does that count as a vacation? Of course it does.” – Anita Kaltenbaugh
Weekend quotes about self care
Research published in the Journal of Leisure Research found that individuals who regularly engage in leisure activities, such as hobbies or sports, report feeling happier and more fulfilled in their daily lives.
Additionally, taking time to engage in enjoyable activities on the weekends can lead to increased creativity and problem-solving skills during the workweek.
35. “Why wait for the weekend to have fun?” – Loesje
36. “I believe that it is a mandatory Law of the Universe that on Fridays, you have to do something a little fun.” – Hanna Rhoades
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Friday quotes to help you reflect on an amazing week.
37. “We must treat ourselves with care, respect and compassion before we can effectively extend these things to others.” ― Kristi Bowman
38. “Most people are in a factory from nine till five. Their job may be to turn out 263 little circles. At the end of the week they’re three short and somebody has a go at them. On Saturday afternoons they deserve something to go and shout about.” – Rodney Marsh
39. “Weekends are special even if your schedule is all over the place. Something tells you the weekend has arrived, and you can indulge yourself a bit.” – Helen Mirren
40. “Great things do not have to be big things, they may be small things that make a great difference in one person’s life.” – Catherine Pulsifer
41. “Self-care is how you take your power back.” – Lalah Delia
42. “Your time is way too valuable to be wasting on people that can’t accept who you are.” ― Turcois Ominek
43. “Nourishing yourself in a way that helps you blossom in the direction you want to go is attainable, and you are worth the effort.” ― Deborah Day
44. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” – Buddha
45. “Why not try to relax your troubled mind by taking a walk in the park, or going on a weekend hiking trip with family or friends and enjoy the view? It can surely do wonders for a tired mind and soul.” – E.L. Herndon
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of hiking quotes that will tap into the adventurer within you.
46. “I try to treat each evening and weekend as little slices of retirement because no one is guaranteed a lengthy one at the end of their career.” – Mike Hammar
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of retirement quotes, celebrating the end of your professional career.
Weekend quotes about how time flies
A study published in the journal Social Psychological and Personality Science found that people who spend more time on leisure activities tend to report higher levels of life satisfaction.
This statistic can be used to emphasize the importance of taking breaks and enjoying weekends, as they can improve overall well-being and happiness.
47. “Weekends are a bit like rainbows; they look good from a distance but disappear when you get up close to them.” – John Shirley
48. “There aren’t enough days in the weekend.” – Rod Schmidt
49. “The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot.” – Michael Althsuler
50. “Sunday evenings often feel like the weekend is over before it’s even begun.” – Catherine McCormack
More weekend quotes
According to a report by the National Sleep Foundation, a consistent sleep schedule can help regulate the body’s internal clock and improve sleep quality.
This statistic can be used to encourage readers to take advantage of weekends to establish a regular sleep schedule, which can lead to better health and productivity.
51. “When you are unemployed, weekends are seven days long.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
52. “Sundays are like confetti floating in the air in slow motion, in the evening they reach the ground and you hope a bit of wind could blow on them so they could fly a bit longer.” – Alain Bremond-Torrent
53. “Always take some of the play, fun, freedom and wonder of the weekend into your week & your work.” – Rasheed Ogunlaru
54. “Weekends welcome warriors for social fun that starts on Friday. Share, Like, comment, and friend. Netiquette.” – David Chiles
55. “Saturday’s the world is a better place again.” – Golden Flower
56. “Happiness is a hot bath on a Sunday afternoon.” – A.D. Posey
57. “Weekends are an employee’s parole.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
58. “Weekends are life’s gift to those who hate their jobs.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
59. “Let the Good vibe Sunday well spent to bring us a week of content.” – Napz Cherub Pellazo
60. “Freedom begins where work ends- the realm of freedom is after hours, on the weekend, on vacation, and not at work.” – Peter Frase
Weekend quotes to inspire relaxation
According to a study by the University of California, Berkeley, people tend to feel more creative and productive when they have more free time.
This statistic can be used to highlight the potential benefits of weekends for creative pursuits and personal growth.
61. “cozy+smell of pancakes-alarm clock=weekend” -Amy Krouse Rosenthal
62. “Although I understand that all days are equal with 24 hours each, most of us agree that Friday is the longest day of the week and Sunday the shortest!” -D.S. Mixell
63. “My Sunday is a leisure day in which I encourage myself to forget the responsibilities of my workdays and engage honestly with my friends and loved ones.” -Srinivas Mishra
64. “The weekend will always be hidden between days.” -Anthony T. Hincks
65. “The weekends are too short for sleep!” -Bryant A. Loney
66. “Typically a weekend retreat for the heart, soul and palate, brunch is the perfect way to unwind and reconnect.” -Marcela Valladolid
67. “If you find yourself waiting for the weekend to approach, then it means that you are not happy for at least five days a week.” -Rakshit Shetty
68. “The rhythm of the weekend, with its birth, its planned gaieties, and its announced end, followed the rhythm of life and was a substitute for it.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
69. “Fridays are the hardest in some ways: you’re so close to freedom.” – Lauren Oliver
70. “Pretend like it’s the weekend, … We could pretend it all the time.” – Jack Johnson
Weekend quotes for that much deserved rest
According to a study conducted by Project Time Off, 55% of Americans did not use all of their vacation days in 2018.
This statistic emphasizes the importance of taking time off and enjoying the weekend as a way to recharge and avoid burnout.
71. “Love me like Saturday night, like three glasses of champagne, like the room is spinning, like you’re drunk on my love.” ― C.J. Carlyon
72. “You put the, ‘Sun’ into my day. Happy Sunday!” ― Anthony T. Hincks
73. “I work mostly during the week, and on the weekend I get to hang out with friends, so it balances out pretty well.” – Jimmy Bennett
74. “Men are simple things. They can survive a whole weekend with only three things: beer, boxer shorts, and batteries for the remote control.” – Diana Jordan
75. “Sunday! A family day with a touch of weekend thrown in for good measure.” — Anthony T. Hincks
76. “I don’t have a high-powered life out of work. I like to go to the country for the weekend with the kids and the dog and play tennis. I am very good at turning off.” — Anna Wintour
77. “Give a man a fish and he has food for a day; teach him how to fish and you can get rid of him for the entire weekend.” — Zenna Schaffer
78. “The weekend is a time for nos – no alarm clock, no rushing, no urgent phone calls, no working nights!” — Catherine Puslifer
79. “This weekend don’t think about Monday, it will come soon enough.” — Robert Rivers
80. “If you find you are stressed out during the week, then it is even more important that you focus on what you want to do for the weekend, don’t bring work home.” — Kate Summers
Weekend quotes to remind you to relax and rejuvenate
A research paper published in the Journal of Happiness Studies found that people who engage in enjoyable activities during their weekends report higher levels of overall life satisfaction.
This highlights the importance of using the weekend as a time to do things that bring joy and fulfillment.
81. “Saturday is the mightiest day of the week. It’s unshakably, overwhelmingly superior. Not only is it a day off of school, but the following day is also a day off, like some kind of Super Saiyan bargain sale.” ― Wataru Watari
82. “Don’t worry about letting the dogs out. It’s Friday! Let them have a great weekend, too.” ― Anthony T. Hincks
83. “Entrepreneurs don’t have weekends or birthdays or holidays. Every day is my weekend, my birthday, my holiday. OR, every day is my work day. Mostly it’s a choice.” ― Richie Norton
84. “How do I like to spend my day off? I like to hit up the juice bar, the bookstore, tan, and then flirt with the pharmacy tech at Walmart.” ― Crystal Woods
85. “Each of us experiences defeats in life. We can transform defeat into victory if we learn from life’s whuppings.” — Les Brown
86. “Spend some time this weekend on home improvement. Improve your attitude toward your family.” ― Bo Bennett
87. “The weekend is usually seen as a time for relaxation, or a time to do what you wanted to do through the week but couldn’t, or a time to catch up on needed sleep, or a time to visit with family and friends.” — Byron Pulsifer
88. “It’s not that we spend five days looking forward to just two. It’s that most people do what they enjoy most on those two days. Imagine living a life where every day is your Saturdays and Sundays. Make every day your weekend. Make every day a play day.” ― James Murphy
89. “The sun shines brightest on Fridays because it knows that the weekend is here.” ― Anthony T. Hincks
90. They live for the weekends when they can go do what they really want to do.” ― Richard Nelson Bolles
Weekend quotes for a wonderful weekend
A study conducted by the University of Rochester found that people who spend time in nature on the weekends report higher levels of positive emotions and vitality.
This highlights the importance of taking advantage of outdoor activities during the weekend as a way to boost well-being.
91. “It’s okay if every weekend doesn’t lead to big moments and campfires and laughter that carries on for hours and hours. Some weekends might be quiet, still, with plenty of room to contemplate. And in that contemplation room, there is room to grow.” – Morgan Harper Nichols
92. “Those who continue to work at a job they hate for the money alone are more likely to be stressed and very unhappy. They live for their vacations and weekends. Unfortunately, they are sadly missing out on the happiness of everyday life.” – Catherine Pulsifer
93. “Being in love is what makes working all week bearable. It makes cruising with your windows rolled down feel like you’re riding in a convertible. It makes you dance to the rhythm of the copy machine and makes Friday night feel like The Weekend.” – Julie Hintz
94. “I’ve always loved the ‘Weekend Update’ people.” – Chevy Chase
95. “In an ideal world, I’d spend every weekend at my home in Zermatt in Switzerland.” – Vanessa Mae
96. “I’m learning the power of going away for the weekend and keeping myself company.” – Zoe Saldana
97. “Oh, I put on my shoes and I’m ready for the weekend.” – Calvin Harris
98. “It’s gonna be a rock and roll weekend, eight o’clock’s when the show begins.” – Sammy Hagar
99. “Making food is a wonderful way to spend a Friday night.” – Chrissy Teigen
100. “Sunday, the day for the language of leisure.” ― Elfriede Jelinek
Weekend Quotes To Help You Enjoy A Productive One
101. “It’s not about an opening weekend. It’s about a career, building a set of films you’re proud of. Period.” — George Clooney
102. “I write on weekends, on vacation, and, really – on deadlines and on my floor. Both terrible for the back.” — Sloane Crosley
103. “Stand-up for me is usually a weekend thing. I go out of town and just do it.” — Chris Hardwick
104. “I stand before you a weekend version of your reflection begging for direction, for my soul needs resurrection.” — DMX
105. “No one is worth wasting a gorgeous weekend over.” — Susane Colasanti
106. “The weekend’s here, started it right. Even if I only get part of it right.” — Drake
107. “There are people who love on weekends to go out when the sun comes out. I just want to lie in bed and watch sports and relax.” — Juan Pablo Galavis
108. “And the insidious thing is that people will either see a movie because it did well last weekend or won’t see it because it didn’t do well.” — Meg Ryan
109. “Joan organizes our social life, and on weekends I follow her around.” — Robert B. Parker
110. “In the evenings I studied chemistry at the University of Chicago, the weekends I helped in the family store.” — Jack Steinberger
Weekend Quotes To Balance Your Activities
111. “That’s basically what I did every weekend when I was a kid, just go and see two movies per weekend.” ― David Krumholtz
112. “I didn’t have weekends for the longest time and it felt so indulgent to finally have weekends.” ― Sophia Amoruso
113. “[ Full English breakfast] it’s what we grew up with! It is the one big treat that the kids get on the weekend – it’s good family time.” ― Gordon Ramsay
114. “I don’t have scientific data, but I think plenty of perfectly nice weekends are being given over to the binge craze.” ― Hank Stuever
115. “I love reading books that you can’t put down, and they just take you over for a night or a weekend.” ― Jami Attenberg
116. “I saw what it means to work every weekend and every night, and I realized it doesn’t work for me. It’s not necessary. If you know what you want, you can achieve it without going crazy.” ― Italo Zucchelli
117. “I just adore being on set. I adore storytelling. I can be on a set 70 hours a week and on those weekends, I’ll still want to watch movies.” ― Jay Baruchel
118. “I’m a really big surfer, and I have also been playing a ton of volleyball on the beach on the weekends.” ― Teddy Sears
119. “I never stopped drinking, I just don’t drink that much anymore. You know, sometimes on the weekends, it’s not like a daily thing.” ― Chuck Mosley
120. “It’s definitely hard, it’s hard to get into a Monday, it’s much easier to work through a weekend and accomplish a lot, but I don’t think that’s the healthiest way to live.” ― Sophia Amoruso
Weekend Quotes For Fun Activities
121. “I love weekends. Just like everyone else, I get to rest on weekends and go out with friends. I hate Mondays.” — Yuna
122. “Shay Given is champing on the door to be involved this weekend.” — Alex McLeish
123. “I should get a weekend show where all I do is play country music.” — Jerry Springer
124. “A weekend in Vegas without gambling and drinking is just like being a born-again Christian.” — Artie Lange
125. “It’s the first day of spring. That means this weekend I’ll take down my Christmas lights.” — David Letterman
126. “There’s no excuse not to make films on weekends with friends.” — Mark Duplass
127. “Every weekend in history has worked for movies if the movie connects.” — Todd Phillips
128. “The weekends are too short to sleep.” — Bryant A. Loney
129. “Agencies which frequently work nights and weekends are more stimulating, more successful – and more profitable.” — David Ogilvy
130. “I was very quiet until I got at the piano, and weekends, lunch breaks, after school, before school, I was just making music.” — Emeli Sande
Weekend Quotes For Fun Times
131. “I enjoy doing fun things outdoors with my son to stay in shape. We like camping together. After a weekend in the woods, I’m sorer than after a week at the gym!” — Beth Riesgraf
132. “I work on weekends, but from home.” — Mary Schapiro
133. “A man works hard all week to keep his pants off all weekend.” — Mr. Krabs
134. “I don’t know about you, but I like to fall in love on Mondays. This way if things go south right away you still have the weekend.” — Dov Davidoff
135. “A large portion of the weekend effects is explained by differences in the amount of time spent with friends or family between weekends and weekdays.” — Daniel Kahneman
136. “I’m not shooting every day of the week, which allows me to fly home to be with my kids for the weekends. That’s how I keep it moving.” — Vanessa L. Williams
137. “He was really into family… He’d never come on the road with me on the weekends ’cause he wanted to spend time with his wife.” — Amy Schumer
138. “With all the trouble black people have, they try to forget on weekends. You’ve got to be good to make them laugh.” — Flip Wilson
139. “I love football. My weekends are booked. Saturday college games and Sunday NFL and ‘Monday Night Football.’ Booked! Football is first, then basketball and then everything else.” — Jordin Sparks
140. “My wife Staci made me go to a wedding last weekend…If it weren’t for her, I’d be happy.” — Stephan Pastis
Did these weekend quotes inspire you to make time for self-care?
After a hectic workweek, weekends are often spent playing catch up.
You’re often catching up with friends and family, engaging in haircare/skincare routines, and doing household chores (i.e. laundry). With so many things to do, it can be hard to find relaxation.
Whether it’s an hour of time or an entire day, make sure that you are scheduling self-care.
Leave a substantial amount of time open in your schedule to do things that make you happy.
I have learned that having true relaxation time prevents burnout and keeps me powered up for the coming workweek.
Which of these weekend quotes and sayings is your favorite?
What are your weekend plans?
Let us know in the comments section below!