Heaven is a half-pipe with these Tony Hawk quotes!
Tony Hawk is an entrepreneur and the most famous skateboarder in the world.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
Hawk was born in San Diego, California, in 1968 as the youngest child of Frank Peter Hawk and Nancy Hawk.
He owns the skateboard company, Birdhouse, which got its name from his skateboarding nickname ‘Birdman.’
Tony turned pro in skateboarding in 1982 and owns the skateboard company Birdhouse, named after his skateboarding nickname ‘Birdman.’
He was the National Skateboard Association World Champion for 12 consecutive years and retired from competition in 2003.
Tony Hawk is famous for bringing skateboarding into the mainstream.
He is also the first skateboarder to land a “900” trick.
Hawk has even been inducted into the Skateboarding Hall of Fame.
He has appeared in video games and television shows and even started his own tour called Boom Boom HuckJam.
Take a few minutes to learn more about the famous skateboarder through these Tony Hawk Quotes.
Tony Hawk Quotes About Skateboarding
As a skateboarding legend, Hawk has several things to say about the sport.
1. “Skating is my passion.” — Tony Hawk
2. “I won’t quit skateboarding until I am physically unable.” — Tony Hawk
3. “I wanted to promote skateboarding as much as possible through different media.” — Tony Hawk
4. “I consider skateboarding an art form, a lifestyle, and a sport. ‘Action sport’ would be the least offensive categorization.” — Tony Hawk
5. “They made the video game before I actually knew how to skate, so I wave basically forced into learning how to do it.” — Tony Hawk
6. “If I can stand up when I’m 80, I’ll be happy to cruise around on a skateboard. If I feel like my skills are fading, I just won’t do it publicly.” — Tony Hawk
7. “I feel like skateboarding is as much of a sport as a lifestyle and an art form, so there’s so much that transcends in terms of music, fashion, and entertainment.” — Tony Hawk
8. “I think skateboarding is better now in terms of the amount of facilities and the amount of support young skaters have – including encouragement from their parents.” — Tony Hawk
9. “The irony about selling out is that they only call you a sell-out when your stuff finally sells – I’ve had products bearing my name since I was 14, but nobody was buying them then.” — Tony Hawk
10. “I’m proud that I was able to use my recognition to, maybe, raise the awareness of skateboarding and help grow it and to help fund public skateparks. That’s the legacy, just trying to grow the entire sport.” — Tony Hawk
Tony Hawk Quotes About Pushing Past Discouragement
With popularity and success always come discouragement and haters.
11. “I learned to ignore haters early, early on.” — Tony Hawk
12. “The biggest life lesson is the value of perseverance.” — Tony Hawk
13. “Skateboarding doesn’t need the validation of the Olympics.” — Tony Hawk
14. “I think that the board is a lot more intuitive than people assume.” — Tony Hawk
15. “There was only one other skater in my high school, and we were the lowest form of cool.” — Tony Hawk
16. “I believe that people should take pride in what they do, even if it is scorned or misunderstood by the public at large.” — Tony Hawk
17. “Most snarky critics had their minds set before ever seeing/playing the game. I’m proud of what we created; it’s innovative, responsive & fun.” — Tony Hawk
18. “For those that say I endanger my child: it’s more likely that you will fall while walking on the sidewalk than I will while skating with my daughter.” — Tony Hawk
Inspirational Tony Hawk Quotes
Hawk has been an inspiration to many people and his fans.
18. “My quest for the 900 took almost ten years.” — Tony Hawk
19. “I think if I were to tell my 21-year-old self anything, I’d say to keep control of my brand.” — Tony Hawk
20. “But maybe there’s a chance that if you get laid off, maybe that’s your saving grace, your chance to restart.” — Tony Hawk
21. “Recognize where your talent lies, work hard on it and, when you reach the top of your profession, don’t forget your roots.” — Tony Hawk
22. “You might not make it to the top, but if you are doing what you love, there is much more happiness there than being rich or famous.” — Tony Hawk
23. “Being different is awesome! All of those who are different are more interesting than those who are clamoring for acceptance because they follow the path.” — Tony Hawk
24. “Big decisions in my life have always come easy and are made without hesitation. It is easier for me to make a life-changing decision than to decide what to get for dessert.” — Tony Hawk
25. “Once you find your passion, run with it. Ignore what peers or career counselors say. Whatever you pick, as long as you truly love it, get really good at it. That means spending a lot of time at it.” — Tony Hawk
Tony Hawk’s Personal Life
Tony Hawk has been married four times.
Currently, he is married to Catherine Goodman and has four children.
Philanthropy is also important to Hawk.
He created the “Tony Hawk Foundation” in 2002 to build skateparks in unprivileged areas.
He has also been a part of founding “Athletes for Hope,” which tries to inspire people to volunteer and support their communities.
Please share these Tony Hawk Quotes with your family and friends and post any comments about Tony Hawk in the comment section below.