These are The Rock bottom quotes you have been looking for!
Rock bottom is a place where most humans have been.
Yet every single person’s rock bottom looks very different.
What is rock bottom to one person may be a good place for another.
It all depends on our perceptions.
Tell us about a time when you hit rock bottom in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these rock bottom quotes?
By definition, “rock bottom” just means the lowest point.
It could be a particular moment, or it could be an era.
Others have described rock bottom as a breakdown, either:
The point where a person reaches their limit and reaches a critical point on their life’s journey.
Some point out that rock bottom is one of the most powerful places to be in our transformation.
It might seem like a scary place, but with the right support and dedication, our rock bottoms can be exactly what we need to propel us in the opposite direction of triumph and victory.
Short rock bottom quotes for Instagram
1. “Everyone hits bottom their own way.” — Eileen Brennan
2. “The best stories come from rock-bottom.” — Trevor Carss
3. “The best views come after the hardest climbs.” — Unknown
4. “Before Alice found Wonderland, she had to fall.” — Unknown
5. “The first casualty of hitting rock bottom is vanity.” — Richard Paul Evans
6. “Hitting rock bottom doesn’t mean you have to stay there.” — Michelle Parsons
7. “Rock bottom has built more heroes than any privilege ever could.” — Unknown
8. “What you become depends on what you can overcome.” — Anthony Douglas Williams
9. “When you decide to hit rock bottom, humiliation is part of the deal.” — Guillaume Musso
10. “I spent so much time at rock bottom that I was charged rent for staying there.” — D.C. Hyden
Rock bottom quotes that inspire you to breakthrough and overcome
11. “To hit bottom is to fall from grace.” — Douglas Horton
12. “Your breakdown is a breakthrough.” — Andrea Benito
13. “What you call rock bottom I call a new birth.” — Unknown
14. “I am forever grateful for everything that broke me down.” — Unknown
15. “You can’t truly appreciate the top if you’ve never hit rock bottom.” — Vanna B.
16. “Success is how high you bounce after hitting the bottom.” — George S. Patton
17. “Keep in mind, when you hit rock bottom, you got nowhere to go but up, baby.” — Ludacris
18. “The view from rock bottom is often the reason, the inspiration, for getting back up.” — Unknown
19. “If you have never reached rock bottom, you have never attended the school of greatness.” — Matshona Dhliwayo
20. “Hitting bottom and hitting it hard was the worst thing that ever happened to me and the best thing that ever happened to me.” — Dave Ramsey
Wise rock bottom quotes
21. “Bottom became the solid foundation on which I built my life.” — J. K. Rowling
22. “Do not despise the bottom rungs in the ascent to greatness.” — Publilius Syrus
23. “Rock bottom demands we pay a price for the ride back to the top.” — Toni Sorenson
24. “Our greatest glory is not in never failing but in rising every time we fall.” — Confucius
25. “Rock bottom is a gift for those who know a Phoenix must have ashes to rise.” — Unknown
26. “There would be no cloud-nine days without rock-bottom moments left below.” — Richelle E. Goodrich
27. “There is no pillow, no comforter, no room for the night at rock bottom. Once you hit there, get up and get out!” — Toni Sorenson
28. “When you feel like you have been hit, dig deep and hit back. Rock bottom is not your end; it is your beginning.” — Christine Evangelou
29. “Rock bottom is good solid ground, and a dead-end street is just a place to turn around.” — Buddy Buie
30. “Here’s the thing about hitting rock bottom. You can either stay down there or get back up. It’s your choice.” — Hannah Camacho
Rock bottom quotes from a different perspective
31. “At bottom God is nothing more than an exalted father.” — Sigmund Freud
32. “I don’t believe in rock bottom. Rock bottom is like a fishing term.” — Charlie Sheen
33. “The hitting rock bottom theory is all very well. But it is probably possible to intervene earlier.” — Michael Appel
34. “Just when you think you’ve hit rock bottom, you realize you’re standing on another trapdoor.” — Marisha Pessl
35. “You may think you’ve hit rock bottom in your life but guess what there’s more crud underneath those rocks.” — Richelle E. Goodrich
36. “Rock bottom for some people is death. Some people never learn from their mistakes. They don’t learn from other people’s mistakes.” — Tracy Morgan
37. “The best thing about rock bottom is the rock part. You discover the solid bit of you. The bit that can’t be broken down further.” ― Matt Haig, The Comfort Book
38. “Sober alkies are often asked: When did you hit rock bottom, but a more informed question might be: How many times did you hit rock bottom?” — Craig Ferguson
39. “No one needs to hit rock bottom to change. And yet so many people do, only because most of us are unskilled in communicating with ourselves.” — Vironika Tugaleva
40. “People dealing with trauma and depression don’t magically get better overnight. It’s not like in the movies, Mary. There’s no magic reset button at rock-bottom.” ― Benjamin W. Bass, Alone In The Light
Rock bottom quotes and sayings
41. “It is impossible to lose everything and still be alive.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
42. “Hit the bottom and get back up; or hit the bottle and stay down.” — Anthony Liccione
43. “Rock bottom is the bedrock from which every good thing was ever built.” — Toni Sorenson
44. “When you have hit rock bottom and survived, there are very few things that can scare you.” — Unknown
45. “I think you sometimes have to go hit rock bottom before you can grow and rebuild as a person.” — Paul Dano
46. “Sometimes we have to reach rock bottom before we’re willing to rise up and overcome our trials.” — Dana Arcuri
47. “As it turns out, it was that very rock bottom that became the firmest foundation I had ever planted my feet on.” — Mandy Hale
48. “Never be afraid to fall apart. It represents an opportunity to rebuild yourself the way you wished you’d been all along.” — Rae Smith
49. “Has anyone ever been foolish enough to think to themselves, ‘Well, surely this is as bad as it can possibly get?’” ― Truant D. Memphis, Post Oh!pocalypto Poppycock
50. “Rock bottom can be our greatest teacher—as long as we don’t stay there for too long.”
― Kristen Butler, 3 Minute Positivity Journal: Boost your Mood. Train Your Mind. Change Your Life.
Rock Bottom Recovery Quotes
51. “Sometimes we need to be knocked down in a place so dark that we have no choice but to trust our heart to illuminate the way.” — Brittany Burgunder
52. “Once you hit rock bottom, that’s where you perfectly stand; That’s your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.” — Justin Kanayurak
53. “When you hit rock bottom, test your limits, compete with yourself and challenge your potential. There is no greater glory than self-achievement.” — Somya Kedia
54. “I think this is what we all want to hear: that we are not alone in hitting the bottom, and that it is possible to come out of that place courageous, beautiful, and strong.” — Anna White
55. “There are times when we must sink to the bottom of our misery to understand truth, just as we must descend to the bottom of a well to see the stars in broad daylight.” — Vaclav Havel
56. “Many have to hit rock bottom before they want to make any changes. We show them they’re not alone, and we offer them the chance to realize they can make those changes.” — Susan Hicks
57. “When I’m at the bottom looking up, the main question may not be ‘how do I get out of this hole?’ In reality, the main question might be, ‘how do I get rid of the shovel that I used to dig it?’” ― Craig D. Lounsbrough
58. “In the end, the only way you can appreciate your progress is to stand on the edge of the hole you dug for yourself, low down inside it, and smile fondly at the bloody claw prints that marked your journey up the walls.” ― Ryan Holiday, Ego Is the Enemy
What does rock bottom mean to you?
There is an analogy about a rubber band that is apt.
It says that when a rubber band is pulled in one direction, it will go as far as it can in that direction before it reaches critical mass and shoots in the opposite direction.
Rock bottom is a lot like that rubber band.
When a person hits true rock bottom, there is nowhere else for them to go.
Their only choice is to go in the opposite direction.
We can harness our rock bottoms into powerful transformative energy that can change the course of our lives.
Just as we cannot know light without dark, we cannot know true joy without rock bottom.
Some, like philosopher Matshona Dhilwayo, feel it is necessary, noting, “If you have never reached rock bottom, you have never attended the school of greatness.”
What does rock bottom mean to you?
Let us know in the comments.
December 2, 2022 8:00 AM EST