Escape purgatory with our Tyler Childers quotes.
Tyler Childers has taken the country music world by storm with his brilliant music and passionate performances.
Find out why fans and critics alike have fallen in love with his music with our Tyler Childers quotes below.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
Who is Tyler Childers?
Tyler Childers is an American musician whose work blends several genres, including country, folk, and bluegrass.
He is proud of his Kentucky heritage and uses his platform to encourage learning new perspectives from others.
Check out these interesting Tyler Childers facts below:
- He started playing guitar at age thirteen.
- Tyler married musician Senora May in 2015.
- Childers learn to sing at a young age by attending church.
Why should I listen to Tyler Childers?
If you are a country music fan, you might enjoy what Tyler brings to the table.
Some refer to his music as neotraditional country music.
He addresses various topics in his lyrics and is unafraid to showcase his innermost feelings.
Tyler hails from Kentucky, a state with a long racial and class division history.
He has not avoided discussing polarizing topics such as police brutality or racial injustice.
When asked why he felt compelled to address such complex topics in his music, he offered the following response:
“We’ve all witnessed violent acts of police brutality happen around the nation that have gone unaddressed.”
Why was Purgatory such a successful debut album?
Back in 2017, Tyler released Purgatory, an album full of soul, ambition, and authenticity.
Fans were impressed with his ability to pen songs about sensitive topics, share his personal truth, and bare his soul.
Childers is open about his challenges with substance abuse.
Songs such as Feathered Indian and Lady May give the audience a glimpse into the world of drug and alcohol addiction.
He has also proudly stated that he has been clean and sober since 2020.
To learn more, check out our Tyler Childers quotes below.
Short Tyler Childers quotes about storytelling and songwriting
Check out these short and sweet Tyler Childers quotes.
1. “Love each other, no exceptions.” — Tyler Childers
2. “I hope that I’m doing my people justice.” — Tyler Childers
3. “Storytelling in Appalachian culture; it runs deep.” — Tyler Childers
4. “I really didn’t like anything the way I liked playing music and writing songs.” — Tyler Childers
5. “Sometimes you get the pinball machine, and sometimes the pinball machine gets you.” — Tyler Childers
The best Tyler Childers quotes about perspective and seeing from new angles
Childers believes in empathic understanding to help solve problems.
6. “I’ve been writing a lot of road songs. Writing a lot of homesick songs.” — Tyler Childers
7. “If your hobby is playing sports, at the end of it, you might get a few concussions.” — Tyler Childers
8. “I hope that maybe someone from somewhere else can get a glimpse of the life of a Kentucky boy.” — Tyler Childers
9. “Maybe I can bring my own perspective and connect with people from my home area by giving them my two cents of a different angle.” — Tyler Childers
10. “In my opinion, with political and religious views, how can you 110 percent, full-hearted say without a shadow of a doubt say that this is how I feel, and this is where I want to be in my life, if you haven’t looked at it any other way than just one angle?” — Tyler Childers
Famous Tyler Childers quotes about the power of expression
Tyler knows that expression is the key to quality communication.
11. “I just liked the Beat poets. It was rapid fire, in the moment.” — Tyler Childers
12. “But once you start playing them out, it all ain’t no secret anymore. Everyone knows how you feel.” — Tyler Childers
13. “I was always writing on something: short stories and journal entries of what had happened that day, always thinking about something to write down.” — Tyler Childers
14. “I don’t sit down and say, ‘Today I will write a song.’ I know a lot of people that do that, but if I’m not in the mood, what’s the point of beating my head against the wall?” — Tyler Childers
15. “You have these communities and families that, for a long time, were isolated, and if you did have time off after working to keep everything going, you’d sit around and just yak.” — Tyler Childers
The top Tyler Childers quotes about the creative process
Tyler opens up about how he writes music and his lyrics.
16. “I’m a creature of habit.” — Tyler Childers
17. “Songwriting is writing about the human experience.” — Tyler Childers
18. “That’s what music is supposed to do. It’s supposed to help people out.” — Tyler Childers
19. “The more it looks like home, the more I feel like people are understanding my accent.” — Tyler Childers
20. “A writer can write an essay, but the writer can never control how that essay is interpreted by the reader.” — Tyler Childers
Famous Tyler Childers quotes about his musical influences
Below, Tyler breaks down the artists who contributed to his passion for music.
21. “I admire John Prine and his way with words.” — Tyler Childers
22. “I’ve been listening to Stapleton for a long time.” — Tyler Childers
23. “I’ve grown up in church, and Gospel music was a big thing.” — Tyler Childers
24. “A lot of times, you’ll be flipping through country radio, and there’s just no substance.” — Tyler Childers
25. “I remember there were two tapes that my papa had in his truck at all times when I was younger. It was a Ralph Stanley gospel cassette and the ‘Hee Haw’ gospel album.” — Tyler Childers
What is next for Tyler Childers?
As his music continues to turn heads and open ears, Tyler is focused on the future.
He has continued to use his platform to create new dialogue for diverse communities.
He shared, “We can stop being so taken aback by Black Lives Matter. If we didn’t need to be reminded, there would be justice for Breonna Taylor, a Kentuckian like me, and countless others.”
What is your favorite Tyler Childers quote?
Please be sure to let us know in the comments section below.