These Alicia Keys quotes on love and beauty will uplift your spirit and boost your confidence.
Alicia Keys is a famous musician known for her singing, songwriting, and ability to play the piano. If you consider yourself a fan of Alicia Keys songs, you’ll love this collection of her most inspirational quotes.
What’s your favorite Alicia Keys song?
As a musical artist, Alicia Keys has earned many awards, including 15 Grammy Awards, 17 NAACP Image Awards, and 9 Billboard Music Awards just to name a few. These Alicia Keys lyrics and song quotes will give you a newfound appreciation of her music.
There are many important lessons that you can learn just by listening to Alicia Keys’ lyrics. As long as we have love, beauty, and music, we can find genuine happiness. These quotes by Alicia Keys are great reminders about what is truly valuable in life.
Don’t forget to also check out these Jennifer Lopez quotes for more inspiration.
Alicia Keys quotes about beauty and love
1. “Everything you want to be, you already are. You’re simply on the path to discovering it.” – Alicia Keys
2. “Be driven, be focused, but enjoy every moment, because it only happens once.” – Alicia Keys
3. “Simplicity makes me happy.” – Alicia Keys
4. “Failure isn’t an option. I’ve erased the word ‘fear’ from my vocabulary, and I think when you erase fear, you can’t fail.” – Alicia Keys
5. “Risk the fall to know how it feels to fly.” – Alicia Keys
6. “I always want to stay focused on who I am, even as I’m discovering who I am.” – Alicia Keys
7. “You’ve got to love what’s yours.” – Alicia Keys
8. “I’ve seen so many lives turn around from the impossible. I have come to embrace the idea that even the simplest act of understanding, love, and attention can produce the biggest results.” – Alicia Keys
9. “Love is accepting people for who they are and what they are, regardless.” – Alicia Keys
10. “Things can be really empty in this world, and I don’t just mean the music world. It can become a very meaningless place if you don’t really understand: ‘who am I? Why am I here? What am I doing?’ To feel fulfillment and have a deeper level of understanding, personally, that is the most important thing.” – Alicia Keys
Alicia Keys quotes to spread the love
11. “Create the world you want, and fill it with the opportunities that matter to you.” – Alicia Keys
12. “All of us are different. That’s what makes us interesting and special. I don’t want to be anything like another person. I want to be totally myself and go against the grain, forge my own path. I’ve learned that being different is what makes you stand out. It makes everything so much more intriguing.” – Alicia Keys
13. “I’d rather not have anything than be a liar.” – Alicia Keys
14. “Most times, your blessings are also your curses. And for me, I have this ability to express myself so clearly with pen and paper, but when it comes to expressing myself verbally, I put up a big wall.” – Alicia Keys
15. “I find myself to be truly primal and passionate. Everything I do comes from a primal place.” – Alicia Keys
16. “My music comes from many, many, many places. My emotions, my feelings, my thoughts, and conversations I have with people I know who influence me.” – Alicia Keys
17. “I believe in the limitlessness of humans. We’re capable of incredible things. At times, that realization is frightening.” – Alicia Keys
18. “When I had nothing else, I had my mother and the piano. And you know what? They were all I needed.” – Alicia Keys
19. “If I want to be alone, someplace I can write, I can read, I can pray, I can cry, I can do whatever I want – I go to the bathroom.” – Alicia Keys
20. “What breaks my heart is suffering of any kind. Too often, our world is divisive and cruel where it needs to be uniting and loving.” – Alicia Keys
Alicia Keys quotes to uplift your spirit
21. “I’m not ashamed of what I am and that I have curves and that I’m thick. I like my body.” – Alicia Keys
22. “We have the potential to help people out of poverty, out of disease, out of slavery, and out of conflict. Too often, we turn the other way because we think there’s nothing we can do.” – Alicia Keys
23. “I’m a very positive person, but this whole concept of having to always be nice, always smiling, always happy, that’s not real. It was like I was wearing a mask. I was becoming this perfectly chiseled sculpture, and that was bad. That took a long time to understand.” – Alicia Keys
24. “There’s too much darkness in the world. Everywhere you turn, someone is tryin’ to tear someone down in some way; everywhere you go, there’s a feeling of inadequacy or a feeling that you’re not good enough. I want to bring a certain light to the world.” – Alicia Keys
25. “I’ve always valued the input of the people I love. So in the past, whenever I’d make a decision – what to wear to an event, whether to pursue a job opportunity – I’d consult those closest to me, like my mother, husband, or manager.” – Alicia Keys
26. “Maturity and experience are part of my liberation.” – Alicia Keys
27. “I feel the presence of a higher power. I believe that what you give is what you get. It’s universal law. I believe in the power of prayer and of words. I’ve learned that when you predict that negative things will happen, they do.” – Alicia Keys
28. “Still when I’m a mess I still put on a vest; With an ‘S’ on my chest; Oh yes, I’m a Superwoman.” – Alicia Keys
29. “The most important thing to remember is that you can wear all the greatest clothes and all the greatest shoes, but you’ve got to have a good spirit on the inside. That’s what’s really going to make you look like you’re ready to rock the world.” – Alicia Keys
30. “It’s when we become afraid of everything and worried about everything that you are never going to reach your highest potential.” – Alicia Keys
Alicia Keys quotes to boost your confidence
31. “I love the written word so much, I know it’s gonna flow naturally.” – Alicia Keys
32. “For me, doing a show, the excitement of singing live, and the possibility that you’re not gonna be perfect – that’s the thrill of it.” – Alicia Keys
33. “I was tired and I had overworked myself and burnt myself out. So I went to Egypt by myself. When I saw what was built there, it made me understand how powerful we are, that we can create anything. And I felt like I needed to create things that were timeless too.” – Alicia Keys
34. “The element of fire to me is very powerful because of what it symbolizes, how it symbolizes strength. It symbolizes something that’s unstoppable. You can’t get through it, you know.” – Alicia Keys
35. “I just wanted to be who I was, which was like so many other girls I knew. We grew up in the city, had a hard edge and obstacles to overcome, but we were still young and beautiful. I didn’t want to be all dressed up, all made up – I wanted to be myself, which hadn’t been done before.” – Alicia Keys
36. “Mozart would play a counterpart with his left hand while using his right to mock it. It was blue, dark, shadowy – and it made me feel something. That’s when I realized music was inside me.” – Alicia Keys
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of blue quotes about the power of colors.
37. “I see what happens when one gets very attached to material things. That’s just not what my life is.” – Alicia Keys
38. “But when I first fell in love with the piano, I knew it was me. I was dying to play.” – Alicia Keys
39. “I feel more like I’m a person who has so much to offer in different capacities that it would be a danger for me not to give myself a chance to spread my wings in all different directions.” – Alicia Keys
40. “How terrible would it have been if I had come out with some watered-down version of who I am? People fell in love with the real me, and I still feel blessed that that was how the journey began.” – Alicia Keys
More Alicia Keys quotes
41. “When you’re talented, you’re talented.” – Alicia Keys
42. “I don’t think even when you find a person, you can be completely honest, ever. There’s still pieces of you that you don’t give away. I do believe you always need that place where it’s just you, your thoughts, no one else’s judgment or anything.” – Alicia Keys
43. “When the rain is pouring down; And my heart is hurting; You will always be around; This I know for certain.” – Alicia Keys
44. “There’s something so powerful about being my own gorgeous, beautiful, individual, unique self.” – Alicia Keys
45. “If we took the time to learn more about different places and people, perhaps we would have more empathy for each other.” – Alicia Keys
46. “Our mission goes beyond commerce, it goes beyond technology. Our intent is to preserve music’s importance in our lives, music is the language of love, of laughter, of heartbreak, of mystery. It’s the world’s true, true, without question, universal language.” – Alicia Keys
47. “I know some people search the world; To find something like what we have.” – Alicia Keys
48. “Here’s my pet peeve: The not-so-unstated rule that all women are only to be treated as sexual objects and gawked at-you know, sitting up against a car, washing something, bending over, licking something. That just drives me crazy.” – Alicia Keys
49. “Sometimes you need to start again, in order to fly.” – Alicia Keys
50. “You can’t really compare people. That’s one of the biggest lessons I’ve learned because comparing yourself to someone else really stops you from being who you are.” – Alicia Keys
What are your favorite Alicia Keys quotes about beauty and music?
Alicia Keys is an extremely talented individual who has been composing songs since her teenage years. By the age of 15, she was already signed by Columbia Records.
The above quotes on love, talent, and passion highlight her incredible musical gifts. This list also contains some of the best Alicia Keys lyrics and verses.
When you incorporate music and beauty into your daily routine, you can elevate your spirit. The path to enlightenment is simpler than you may think. Share these quotes with your friends and family to spread the love.
What are your favorite Alicia Keys quotes and lyrics about life, love and beauty? Let us know in the comment section below.
January 20, 2021 7:00 AM EST