You will love these Urban Cowboy quotes from the hit movie!
Urban Cowboy is a romantic western movie released in 1980.
The movie did well at the box office by making over $53 million against a $10 million budget.
Directed by James Bridger and starring John Travolta and Debra Winger among a talented cast, this movie has gone down as a legendary movie that has stood the test of time.
The movie’s plot centers on the up-and-down relationship between “Bud” Davis and Sissy, who fall in love and get married but have many problems after that.
The movie takes advantage of the popularity of country music from the 1970s and 1980s.
Much of the movie takes place at Gilley’s Club, a famous Honky Tonk in Pasadena, TX.
After reading these Urban Cowboy quotes, you will buy a pair of cowboy boots and a cowboy hat!
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of Sling Blade quotes from the 1996 sleeper hit movie.
Urban Cowboy Quotes for Movie Fans
Remind yourself of the classic scenes with these quotes from the movie.
1. “You a real cowboy?” – Sissy
2. “I just thought we’d go to Mcdonald’s.” – Sissy
3. “You can’t expect a man like me to be faithful to any woman.” – Wes
4. “Daddy does oil… and all that that implies.” – Pam
5. “I think you’re just jealous ‘cause I can ride it better than you.” – Sissy
6. “Damn Bud, ya’ll live like pigs!” – Aunt Corene
7. “My daddy once told me if a woman’ll lie about one thing, she’ll lie about another.” – Bud
8. “You have to understand that there are some things a girl can’t do.” – Bud
9. “Bud, if you ever want to make your wife jealous again; you know where I am.” – Pam
10. “Now, you gotta learn something—there are just certain things a girl can’t do.” – Bud
You might also like these classic Where the Wild Things Are quotes.
More popular Urban Cowboy quotes
These quotes show the rollercoaster of the storyline from the movie.
11. “All cowboys ain’t dumb. Some of ‘em got smarts real good, like me.” – Bud
12. “You know Bud; sometimes even a cowboy’s gotta swallow his pride to hold on to somebody he loves.” – Uncle Bob
13. “I didn’t hit you that hard! You don’t know what hard is.” – Bud
14. “There are certain things a man wants from his wife. Like to be here when he gets home and to cook once in a while and clean up.” – Bud
15. “Just get away from me! I don’t need your help and I don’t want your help.” – Bud
16. “I finally got what I wanted. I got a real cowboy.” – Sissy
17. “And I got what I wanted. I finally got myself a real lady.” –Bud
18. “My full name is Buford Uon Davis, but nobody calls me Buford ‘cept my grandmother, and she’s half Indian. My initials are B.U.D., it spells Bud.” – Bud
19. “And I wanna apologize clear back to when I hit you the first time. I love you, Sissy.” – Bud
20. “Think about it Bud, pride’s one of those seven deadlies. You know what I mean?” – Uncle Bob
Urban Cowboy became a classic movie and helped make the cowboy look popular across the nation.
With the movie highlighting cowboy traits such as country music, mechanical bull riding, and cowboy hats and boots, it brought western wear into the mainstream!
Please share these Urban Cowboy quotes and lines with your friends and family and post any comments below.
December 16, 2022 7:03 AM EST