Check out these Where the Wild Things Are quotes from the great movie.
Where the Wild Things Are is a fantasy adventure movie based on Maurice Sendak’s 1963 children’s book of the same name.
The movie was directed by Spike Jonze and starred Max Records, Catherine Keener, Mark Ruffalo, and James Gandolfini, among others.
The main story of the movie is about a lonely young boy (Max) who runs away by sailing to an island inhabited by “Wild Things.”
There Max is accepted and becomes the “King,” thereby curing his loneliness.
Although the movie is based on the famous children’s book, some critics were worried that the adaptation put forth by Spike Jonze would not be suitable for kids.
When the movie came out, it was met with mostly positive reviews.
Still, it only gained $100 million at the box office while spending the same amount to produce the movie.
Read through these Where the Wild Things Are quotes!
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of classic Urban Cowboy quotes.
Memorable Where the Wild Things Are Quotes
Check out these quotes from the movie that you will never forget.
1. “You know what I say. If you got a problem, eat it.” – Judith
2. “I hate this tree!” – Alexander
3. “No, I like all you guys equally.” – Max
4. “Max, don’t ever pull that now.” – Mom
5. “Connie, he can’t treat you like that.” – Adrian
6. “Carol, did you know the sun was gonna die?” – Max
7. “I’m not a Viking or a king, or… or anything.” – Max
8. “Will you keep out all the sadness?” – Douglas
9. “I have no plans to eat anyone.” – Max
10. “Happiness isn’t always the best way to be happy.” – Judith
Important Where the Wild Things Are Quotes
The next collection of quotes shows some of the main parts of the movie.
11. “I didn’t wanna wake you up… but I really want to show you something.” – Carol
12. “Yeah, it’s gonna be as tall as twelve of you and six of me. And only we can get in.” – Max
13. “So, whatever happened with you and the Vikings?” – Carol
14. “When you go home, will you say good things about us?” – The Bull
15. “CLAIRE, GET YOUR STUFF OFF THE DINING ROOM TABLE!” – Max
16. “I have a sadness shield that keeps out all the sadness, and it’s big enough for all of us.” – Max
17. “I don’t talk to owls. Owls are stupid.” – Carol
18. “Max, what is WRONG with you?! You’re out of control!!” – Mom
19. “You know what I say. If you got a problem, eat it.” – Judith
20. “If I was stranded on a desert island and could only take one thing, it’d be Douglas. We can share him if you want.” – Carol
You Aren’t Alone
The movie’s central premise is to teach children that discussing their problems and helping each other is a much better solution than throwing tantrums.
Max learns that tantrums solve nothing and make things harder for everyone else, so he decides to go home to his family and stop throwing tantrums.
These Where the Wild Things Are quotes are a great teaching example for children about realizing they are loved by their families.
Please share with your friends and family and post any comments in the comment section below.
December 16, 2022 7:34 AM EST