Enjoy these memorable Wednesday Addams quotes and snarky one-liners.
The Addams Family is one of the most famous spooky series.
Wednesday Addams has become a bit of a cultural icon, but her backstory is interesting too.
Share your favorite Addams family episode with us in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
What are the benefits of reading these Wednesday Addams quotes?
The Addams Family was initially a comic in the newspaper, created by Charles Addams.
The characters were nameless until they turned The Addams Family into a TV show.
The inspiration for Wednesday’s name was a nursery rhyme.
The line goes: “Wednesday’s child is full of woe.”
- hug anyone
- show emotion
- say happy things; in fact, she says the most depressing things
You will have a much better understanding of the character after reading these Wednesday Addams quotes.
Her signature look, pale skin, dark braided pigtails, and black dress have become a Halloween costume staple.
Several actresses have portrayed her throughout the years, but that honor went to Christina Ricci in the two movies.
She delivered each of the following quotes with perfection!
Besides Ricci, other actresses to have portrayed Wednesday include Lisa Loring, Nicole Fugere, Rachel Potter, and Jenna Ortega in the 2022 series, Wednesday.
Wednesday Addams quotes that are so Wednesday
1. “Woe to the Republic.” — Wednesday Addams
2. “I don’t want to be in the pageant.” — Wednesday Addams
3. “Nice knife! Can I play autopsy with it?” — Wednesday Addams
4. “You severely underestimate my apathy.” — Wednesday Addams
5. “Don’t be a baby. I know what I’m doing. [She levels a crossbow.]” — Wednesday Addams
6. “We don’t hug.” — Wednesday Addams
7. “I’m not perky.” — Wednesday Addams
8. “So, I’ll have to prove my power.” — Wednesday Addams
9. “Oh, villain, villain; smiling damn villain.” — Wednesday Addams
Terrifying Wednesday Addams quotes
10. [holding up devil puppet] “Hello Polly, I’ll clean my room. In exchange for your immortal soul.” — Wednesday Addams
11. “Hurrah! Justice is served. Bring forward the evil one.” — Wednesday Addams
12. “Your work is puerile and under-dramatized. You lack any sense of structure, character, and the Aristotelian unities.” — Wednesday Addams
13. “Pugsley, the baby weighs ten pounds, the cannonball weighs twenty pounds. Which will hit the stone first?” — Wednesday Addams
14. “This is my costume. I’m a homicidal maniac. They look just like everybody else.” — Wednesday Addams
15. If I wanted to kill my husband, I’d do it, and I wouldn’t get caught. — Wednesday Addams
16. “Are they [the cookies] made from real Girl Scouts?” — Wednesday Addams
17. “How all occasions do inform against me and spur my dull revenge. Oh, from this time forth, my thoughts be bloody or nothing worth. If I must strike you dead, I will.” — Wednesday Addams
18. “Come, sorrow; we welcome thee. Let us join in grief, rejoice in despair, and honor the fortunate dead.” — Wednesday Addams
19. “Everyone knows it when you have a new baby, one of the other children has to die.” — Wednesday Addams
Snarky one-liner Wednesday Addams quotes
20. “Do you believe in evil?” — Wednesday Addams
21. [In response to, “How do I look?”] “Disturbing.” — Wednesday Addams
22. “I hate everything.” — Wednesday Addams
23. “Nobody gets out of the Bermuda Triangle, not even for a vacation. Everyone knows that.” — Wednesday Addams
24. “Be afraid. Be very afraid.” — Wednesday Addams
25. [In response to, “are they dead?”] “Does it matter?” — Wednesday Addams
Did you enjoy these Wednesday Addams quotes?
I was a fan of the original TV show when I was a kid (it aired on Nick at Nite).
I had never seen the movies until recently, but my husband had a delightful trip down memory lane and was shocked I had made it through the 90s without seeing them.
Our son, who is 11, wanted to watch the latest animated version on Netflix.
At that moment, I realized how many generations have been laughing at this creepy and kooky family.
They may be mysterious and spooky, especially Wednesday, but they are also delightful.
Her deadpan (no pun intended) sense of sarcasm and snark is something I envy sometimes.
Charles Addams had this to say about the child of woe as he saw Wednesday:
“Child of woe is wan and delicate… sensitive and on the quiet side, she loves the picnics and outings to the underground caverns… a solemn child, prim in dress and, on the whole, pretty lost… secretive and imaginative, poetic, seems underprivileged and given to occasional tantrums… has six toes on one foot.” — Charles Addams
Do you have any favorite Wednesday Addams quotes and lines from the show or the animated film you would like to add?
Drop them in the comments below, and don’t forget to share these Wednesday Addams quotes with your friends on social media!