A bond that can never be broken, these beautiful sister quotes will speak straight to your heart about the woman in your life who you’ll always cherish.
Allow these lovely quotes about sisters to inspire you to remind the sister in your life of just how special she is to you.
Having a good sister is one of the most precious gifts in life. There are many reasons why it’s awesome to have a sister.
A sister makes you a better person in many ways. According to science, having a sister can boost your mental health and self-esteem. When you have a good sister, you’ll not feel “lonely, unloved, guilty. self-conscious and fearful.”
When a sister shows you love and affection, it can help you become a more compassionate person who enjoys giving and showing kindness to others. Besides, a sister will improve your communication skills and help you relate better with others.
Sisters play a vital role in the family and they all deserve our undying love. They have to be there for us through all the bad and the good times and they often know us better than anyone else. Also, no one will be more honest with you than your sister. When you’re wrong or do something stupid, they’ll be the first ones to tell you as it is.
Overall, a sister is someone who will push you to make the most out f your Everyday Power to become the best you can be in life. To celebrate all sisters in the world, here are some beautiful sister quotes to inspire them to grow up to be powerful women in the world.
Sister Quotes they Need to Hear and will not Forget
1. “When sisters stand shoulder to shoulder, who stands a chance against us?” – Pam Brown
2. “The best thing about having a sister was that I always had a friend.” – Cali Rae Turner
3. “A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life.” – Isadora James
4. “A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.” — Marion Garretty
5. “Sisters function as safety nets in a chaotic world simply by being there for each other.” – Carol Saline
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of safety quotes about the power of paying attention.
6. “You can kid the world, but not your sister.”― Charlotte Gray
7. “There’s nobody in the world that knows me better than my sister.” – Tia Mowry
8. “My sister taught me everything I really need to know, and she was only in sixth grade at the time.” – Linda Sunshine
9. “My sister ‘was the light of my life'” – Solomon Thomas
10. “She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows when you are smiling even in the dark.” – Barbara Alpert
Sister Quotes and how valuable they are
11. “Sisters are best friends, they are advisors, they are teachers, and best of all they are people with whom you can talk with about anything – someone you have a special bond with!” – Catherine Pulsifer
12. “When traveling life’s journey it’s good to have a sister’s hand to hold on to.” – Anonymous
13. “A sister is both your mirror – and your opposite.” – Elizabeth Fishel
14. “My sister is the one person who truly knows me, as I know her.” – Lisa See
15. “My sister is a big part of my actual style. Our style is not similar whatsoever, but she helped me find myself and find what I really liked.” – Sofia Richie
16. “Is solace anywhere more comforting than that in the arms of a sister.” – Alice Walker
17. “Sisters are the people we practice on, the people who teach us about fairness and cooperation and kindness and caring – quite often the hard way.” – Pamela Dugdale
18. “We acquire friends and we make enemies, but our sisters come with the territory.” – Evelyn Loeb
19. “How do people make it through life without a sister?”– Sara Corpening
20. “As I grew up, one of my strongest allies has been my sister.” – Patti Smith
Also read these funny sister quotes celebrating unconditional love.
Sister Quotes about love
21. “A sister’s love is forever, and on your birthday I wish you nothing but the best.” – Danielle Duckery
22. “We’re sisters. You’re my family what is you is me. There’s nothing that you could ever say to make me let go. I love you.” – Unknown
23. “Husbands come and go; children come and eventually they go. Friends grow up and move away. But the one thing that’s never lost is your sister.” – Gail Sheeny
24. “My sister and I are so close that we finish each other’s sentences and often wonder who’s memories belong to whom.”– Shannon Celebi
25. “A sister shares childhood memories and grown-up dreams.” – Author Unknown
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Childhood quotes to connect with your inner child.
26. “Sisterly love is, of all sentiments, the most abstract. Nature does not grant it any functions.”– Ugo Betti
27. “Without her and her sickness, I would not be here. And without me being a perfect match for my sister, she would not be here as well.” – Marissa Ayala
28. “Our roots say we’re sisters, our hearts say we’re friends.”– Unknown
29. “She’s always there for me when I need her. She’s my best friend. She’s just my everything.” – Ashley Olsen
30. “To have a loving relationship with a sister is not simply to have a buddy or a confident, it is to have a soulmate for life.” — Victoria Secunda
Sister Quotes to celebrate them
31. “Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there.” — Amy Li
32. “A sister is like yourself in a different movie, a movie that stars you in a different life.” – Deborah Tannen
33. “An older sister is a friend and defender – a listener, conspirator, a counselor and a sharer of delights. And sorrows too.” – Pam Brown
34. “A sister smiles when one tells stories—for she knows where the decoration has been added.” – Chris Montaigne
35. “Look inside any sister relationship and you’ll find a wealth of interesting stories.” – Colleen Sell
36. “That’s the best thing about little sisters: They spend so much time wishing they were elder sisters that in the end they’re far wiser than the elder ones could ever be.” – Gemma Gurgess
37. “When our hair is white, we’ll still have our sister love.” – Lisa See
38. “What are sisters for if not to point out the things the rest of the world is too polite to mention.” – Claire Cook
39. “I always like to win. But I’m the big sister. I want to make sure she has everything, even if I don’t have anything. It’s hard. I love her too much. That’s what counts.” – Venus Williams
40. “Sisters will always love you tomorrow no matter what you do today.” – Marinela Reka
You might also like these powerful sisterhood quotes to share with your tribe
Inspirational sister quotes
41. “My sister and I truly are best friends.” – Solange Knowles
42. “Friends change, lovers leave, sisters are eternal.” –Unknown
43. “Sister is our first friend and second mother.” – Sunny Gupta
44. “A sister is a dearest friend, a closest enemy, and an angel at the time of need.”― Debasish Mridha
45. “I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness.” ~Emily Dickinson
46. “A loyal sister is worth a thousand friends.” — Unknown
47. “Come on Grace, I’m not going to tell on you. I’m your sister.’ And that’s all she has to say.”― Robin Epstein
48. “Help one another, is part of the religion of sisterhood.” – Louisa May Alcott
49. “She is the only person left in the world who shares my memories.” – Lisa See
50. “A Sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves – a special kind of double.” – Toni Morrison
More sister quotes and sayings
51. “Happiness is being with my sister.” – Unknown
52. “Sweet is the voice of a sister in the season of sorrow.” – Benjamin Disraeli
53. “Sisters are different flowers from the same garden.” – Unknown
54. “Sisters are friends we have for a lifetime.” – Catherine Pulsifer
55. “What’s the good of news if you haven’t a sister to share it?” – James DeVries
56. “Sisters. Because we all need someone who will defend us behind our back and then call us on our shit to our face.” – Brooke Hampto
57. “She is the mother I never had, she is the sister everybody would want. She is the friend that everybody deserves. I don’t know a better person.” – Oprah Winfrey
58. “My sisters are my favorite people on earth.” – Ryan Phillippe
59. “You’re not my best friend. You’re my sister, and that’s more.” – Jenny Han
60. “Parents die, daughters grow up and marry out, but sisters are for life.” – Lisa Lee
Other sister quotes and sayings
61. “You may be as different as the sun and the moon, but the same blood flows through both your hearts. You need her, as she needs you.” – George R.R. Martin
62. “Only a sister, an alternative self, could inspire such a sordid mix of disgust and envy.” – Namwali Serpell
63. “Sisters are reliably good for two things: hating and loving.” – Jessica Knoll
64. “Sisters share a bond unlike any other – thornier, but also tender, full of possibility.” – Joy McCullough
65. “Nobody fights you like your own sister; nobody else knows the most vulnerable parts of you and will aim for them without mercy.” – Jojo Moyes
66. “There is no better friend than a sister, and there is no better sister than you.” – Anonymous
67. “The best gift by god after your parents in this world is your sister.” – Sacheenrjain
68. “A woman without her sister is like a bird without her wings.” – Moosa Rahat
69. “Big sisters are the crab grass in the lawn of life.” – Charles M. Schulz
70. “Love, Mercy, and Grace, sisters all, attend your wounds of silence and hope.” – Aberjhani
Which of these quotes about sisters was your favorite?
One of the most important things you can have in life is having a loyal, loving, honest, compassionate and trustworthy sister who listens well.
Hopefully, these quotes about sisters have reminded you why all sisters need love and how they play an important role in the family.
Did you enjoy these sister quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? We would love to hear all about it in the comment section below.
March 26, 2021 6:00 AM EST