Hopeless romantics will love these When Harry Met Sally quotes.
Share the one that melts your heart the most in the comments.
When Harry Met Sally is a romantic comedy film that hit the box office in 1989.
The story follows Harry and Sally as they share a cross-country drive, through 12 years of chance encounters in New York City.
The film slightly touches on the age-old question: can a man and a woman just be friends?
This series features Sally and Harry meeting over and over again in different instances within years of interval.
Throughout these instances, they are either committed to their partners or are not ready to give themselves a chance to fall in love again.
This film is about love and the unexpected way for two lives to collide with each other.
These When Harry Met Sally quotes will keep you company in this cold season of the months.
Don’t forget to also check out these romantic Dash and Lily quotes from the Netflix series.
If you love this quote collection, read out our most popular quote article about short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you need more inspirational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
When Harry Met Sally quotes from Sally Albright
1. “It’s just that all men are sure it never happened to them and all women at one time or other have done it, so you do the math.” — Sally Albright
2. “Every time anyone we knew got married, it ruined their relationship. They practically never had sex again. It’s true, it’s one of the secrets that no one ever tells you.” — Sally Albright
3. “I thought you didn’t believe men and women could be friends.” — Sally Albright
You will also enjoy our article on Moulin Rouge quotes.
4. “I have a number of men friends and there is no sex involved.” — Sally Albright
5. “ I have just as much of a dark side as the next person.” — Sally Albright
6. “You see? That is just like you, Harry. You say things like that, and you make it impossible for me to hate you.” — Sally Albright
7. “It’s amazing. You look like a normal person, but actually, you are the angel of death.” — Sally Albright
8. “No, you didn’t hate me, I hated you. The second time we met, you didn’t even remember me.” — Sally Albright
9. “ He just met her… She’s supposed to be his transitional person, she’s not supposed to be the ONE. All this time I thought he didn’t want to get married. But, the truth is, he didn’t want to marry me. He didn’t love me.” — Sally Albright
10. “At least I got the apartment.” — Sally Albright
11. “Harry, you might not believe this, but I never considered not sleeping with you a sacrifice.” — Sally Albright
12. “ I am not your consolation prize, Harry.” — Sally Albright
13. “Harry, you’re going to have to try and find a way of not expressing every feeling that you have, every moment that you have them.” — Sally Albright
14. “ You know, I’m so glad I never got involved with you. I just would have ended up being some woman you had to get up out of bed and leave at 3:00 in the morning and go clean your andirons, and you don’t even have a fireplace, not that I would know this.” — Sally Albright
When Harry Met Sally quotes from Harry Burns
15. “What I’m saying is – and this is not a come-on in any way, shape or form – is that men and women can’t be friends because the sex part always gets in the way.” — Harry Burns
16. “Don’t you have a dark side? I know, you’re probably one of those cheerful people who dot their “i’s” with little hearts.” — Harry Burns
17. “There are two kinds of women: high maintenance and low maintenance.” — Harry Burns
18. “The first time we met, we hated each other.” — Harry Burns
19. “I’ve been doing a lot of thinking, and the thing is, I love you.” — Harry Burns
20. “Right now everything is great, everyone is happy, everyone is in love and that is wonderful. But you gotta know that sooner or later you’re gonna be screaming at each other about who’s gonna get this dish. This eight dollar dish will cost you a thousand dollars in phone calls to the legal firm of That’s Mine, This Is Yours.” — Harry Burns
21. “ Do me a favor, for your own good, put your name in your books right now before they get mixed up and you won’t know whose is whose. ‘Cause someday, believe it or not, you’ll go 15 rounds over who’s gonna get this coffee table. This stupid wagon wheel ROY ROGERS GARAGE SALE COFFEE TABLE!” — Harry Burns
22. “I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” — Harry Burns
23. “The fact that you’re not answering leads me to believe you’re either (a) not at home, (b) home but don’t want to talk to me, or (c) home, desperately want to talk to me, but trapped under something heavy. If it’s either (a) or (c), please call me back.” — Harry Burns
24. “ It is so nice when you can sit with someone and not have to talk.” — Harry Burns
25. “ Had my dream again where I’m making love, and the Olympic judges are watching. I’d nailed the compulsories, so this is it, the finals. I got a 9.8 from the Canadians, a perfect 10 from the Americans, and my mother, disguised as an East German judge, gave me a 5.6. Must have been the dismount.” — Harry Burns
Which of these When Harry Met Sally quotes is your favorite?
In the end, Sally and Harry ended up together after 12 long years of crossing each other’s lives.
This film beautifully portrays how humans can be so complex when it comes to love.
It took a long time for Sally and Harry to finally admit to themselves that they want each other and to process that they had fallen in love and had been longing for each other for years.
The film can be relatable to others and can leave a bittersweet taste in some.
It is fortunate that Sally and Harry were given numerous chances to be together and finally admit their feelings for each other and make the right decision in the end.
These When Harry Met Sally quotes and sayings can be a reminder to take your chances, especially in love.