Fans of the award-winning television series “Yellowstone” will love these John Dutton quotes!
John Dutton is the patriarch of the Dutton family and the main character in the television series “Yellowstone.”
The fictional character was created by Taylor Sheridan and is portrayed by actor Kevin Costner.
You might also like these related articles:
John has a family ranch in Montana called The Yellowstone that has been passed down from generation to generation and is one of the largest cattle ranches in the United States.
John and his children have to fight against enemies from all sides to ensure the continuation of their ranch so that it will continue to exist for the next generation.
John is a widower, but with the help of his sons and his daughter, he is willing to take on all challenges to ensure the continuation of the ranch.
Take a look at these John Dutton quotes to learn more about the protagonist of the Yellowstone series.
Best John Dutton Quotes
Here are some of the most popular John Dutton quotes.
1. “Nothing we do is for today.” — John Dutton
2. “Horses in heaven. Wouldn’t that be something.” — John Dutton
3. “It’s only restless if you can’t see it through.” — John Dutton
4. “If you act like a thief, I will treat you like one.” — John Dutton
5. “A brand isn’t some mirror and somebody live up to.” — John Dutton
6. “We’re with the Yellowstone. Nobody’s gonna mess with us.” — John Dutton
7. “This is going to be the end of us. But we’re gonna do it anyway.” — John Dutton
8. “When’s the last time a governor gave you his word? You have mine.” — John Dutton
9. “The walls are closing in on all sides. We’re fighting to survive.” — John Dutton
10. “Make no mistake. I love Montana, but I’m doing this for our ranch.” — John Dutton
John Dutton Quotes to Show How Tough He Is
These quotes give you a feel for just how tough the character really is.
11. “I fight for what’s right. I don’t really care who supports it.” — John Dutton
12. “Learn to be meaner than evil and still love your family and enjoy a sunrise.” — John Dutton
13. “The whole world’s a test, son. Don’t let them ever trick you into thinking differently.” — John Dutton
14. “Leverage is knowing if someone had all the money in the world, this is what they would buy.” — John Dutton
15. “Lloyd, I’ve come to the conclusion that the only thing on this earth that can kill me is me.” — John Dutton
16. “As we speak, they’re raping the land our family has bled into for over a century. We’re already at war.” — John Dutton
17. “I’m gonna leave these holes just like this, right here in the middle of my field. And if you ever come back here again, I’m gonna fill ’em. Understand?” — John Dutton
John Dutton Quotes that Tell a Story
The following quotes tell small parts of the Yellowstone story and give you a taste of the drama you can expect as you follow along.
18. “You are the trailer park; I am the tornado.” — John Dutton
19. “Why do all my children have to leave to find happiness?” — John Dutton
20. “There are some memories fathers shouldn’t share with their children.” — John Dutton
21. “Living day to day isn’t living, Monica, it’s surviving, with no regard for tomorrow.” — John Dutton
22. “It’s the one constant in life. You build something worth having; someone’s gonna try to take it.” — John Dutton
23. “Well, happy’s all I ever wanted for you, sweetheart. You give him your hand if he gives you that.” — John Dutton
24. “I can’t reflect at the end of the day. Evenings are for forgetting. But in the morning, I can remember.” — John Dutton
25. “Your grandfather used to say you can’t fix a broken wagon wheel, but you can use the parts to make a new one.” — John Dutton
What is John Dutton’s Personality?
John Dutton is a tough, no-nonsense man willing to do whatever it takes to keep the ranch safe.
Although he can be friendly, he is often stern and direct and is more concerned with getting the job done than anyone’s feelings.
Please share these John Dutton quotes with your friends and family and post any comments below.